Profile for Alison > Reviews

Don't Eat the Teacher
Don't Eat the Teacher
by Nick Ward

4.0 out of 5 stars American version?, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Don't Eat the Teacher (Paperback)
We have a copy of this book, purchased in New Zealand, and it differs from the copy pictured here on Amazon UK in several ways. Firstly, my copy has "Mum" whereas this one has "Mom". Secondly, Sammy exclaims "Brilliant!" in my copy, yet this one has "Great!" Lastly, my copy has a bite-shaped chunk out of one corner where Sammy obviously got a little enthusiastic in the printing process.

I can't see what other differences there may be as obviously the full book is not avilable to read.

However, it's good to know there's another version out there, depending on your needs.

That being said, whichever the version, I've found this book to be very popular with children. They love chiming in with "Crunch!"

What My Parents Never Told Me About Vaccines: The Terrible Tales Of Vaccine Sam
What My Parents Never Told Me About Vaccines: The Terrible Tales Of Vaccine Sam

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rot., 19 Jan. 2013
If I could give this no stars at all, I would. It doesn't even deserve one star for providing a minuscule amount of entertainment. The only good thing is that the book was free. I just hope I don't get other similar drivel recommended to me because I was unfortunate enough to be curious about this book.

I suppose this book could appeal to some members of the anti-vacc brigade, but only the ones who don't care about badly written poetry, poor clip-art illustrations and suggestions that doctors and nurses are all there to lie to you - not to mention the other scaremongering. Is a picture of a vampire reaching out to grab you seriously an appropriate picture of a vaccine?

This book will be-foul your reading device. Stay Away!