Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Chris Morse > Reviews

Content by Chris Morse

Chris Morse "faraway_pictures" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
CROCI Cat Litter Eco Clean, 10 Litre
CROCI Cat Litter Eco Clean, 10 Litre

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 months....really?, 25 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This litter advertises that the bag will last 3 months, highly absorbent with clumping efficiency.I used it my cat litter tray and it only lasted two days before the litter seemed wet although there wasn't a bad smell.

It is also advised that the litter can be disposed in the toilet, which I wouldn't recommend.

On the whole I think that if you like to be eco friendly this is a great alternative, otherwise if you are like me I found that using my super absorbency litter from the supermarket was much better.

Finis Duo Underwater MP3 Player - Dark Grey/Mint
Finis Duo Underwater MP3 Player - Dark Grey/Mint

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty well thought out product, 11 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Upon first inspection of the product the packaging looks very professional and well made, implying it is a well made product inside.
The product is very self explanatory and easy to set up and use, within 10 minutes of opening the box I had my first song playing through it.

The clips for the goggles are quite fiddly to get the straps in but once in they are very secure, it is quite fiddly to set up on your goggles to get to the correct position where they sit comfortably on your head this took me around 10-15 minutes of adjusting them and my goggles to get the desired comfortable fit.

As they are two semi-large objects sitting in the side of your goggles/head some people may thing they look slightly silly. I have done a fair amount of open water swimming and I believe this product will be perfect for those long tiresome training sessions, as the open water can get a lot more lonely than the pool, I look forward to testing these in the open water when the weather gets a bit better after the winter (bit cold at the moment).

I tested the mp3 player at my local pool on a morning training session, when submerged under the water the sound quality really comes alive and is very clear, however when swimming with the splashing of the water etc you have to increase the volume to hear it as well. Also when taking breaths every couple of strokes the side of your head that is then out of water becomes slightly muffled and less quality.

The loading of songs onto the mp3 player is very simple and easy to do, its just a case of a drag and drop (copy & paste) onto the mp3 player once connected to the computer. The 4 buttons on the side are very easy and simple to use, once establishing where they are so you then don’t need to take it off your head once in the water.

I have given it a 4 out of 5, the reason being it takes a bit of time to get it set up in a comfortable position on your goggles and with the quality become muffled when breathing during swimming. I think these would be perfect when snorkelling etc. Other than that I think it is an all-round good product and great for any swimmer looking to make their training sessions slightly more enjoyable.

Les Artistes 100 ml/3 oz Porcelain and Silicone Espresso Cup Cover, Set of 4, Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, 11 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The product in the packaging looks very contemporary, basic and simple design looking very sleek.
The actual cups are very nice, they have a good weight to them and you can feel that they are of good quality, the silicone piece around the cup not only adds to the grip but with the variety of contrasting colours looks very sleek and stylish. The cups have a sort of novelty ‘paper cup’ look to them which I like.
I especially like the measurement lines on the inside of the cup for the different sizes of coffee; I think this is a nice touch.
I am giving this a 5 out of 5, as I think the packaging is good, the actually cups are of good quality and look very nice with the different silicon colours around them which also adds to grip on the cup.

Overall a very nice product.

Sanitas SGS03 Pure White Glass Bathroom Scales
Sanitas SGS03 Pure White Glass Bathroom Scales

3.0 out of 5 stars Consistent scales, 9 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A smart looking set of digital scales with a contemporary design and extra large illuminated display, which makes it very easy to read. They are lightweight and easy to carry around, and unassuming enough in their appearance to be left out in the bathroom if required, without drawing too much attention to themselves. The flat construction and smooth glass surface make them very easy to keep clean.

So far, these have performed their task well and unlike other sets of scales I have used in the past, give consistent readings regardless of where in the house I place them, as long as they are positioned on a hard floor. They will not give an accurate reading when placed on carpet.

There is a small button on the underside of the scales with which you can change the unit from kg, to lb, or stones and lbs. In the kg and lb settings, it will give the weight to 1 decimal place, eg. 150.4 lb, or 68.2 kg. In stones and lbs, it also gives the lbs to one decimal place; e.g. 10 st 10.4 lb, which is helpful when trying to lose weight, as those half pounds or even quarter pounds can make all the difference!

Unfortunately, the scales can be quite temperamental when trying to activate, pressing your foot down on the scale once is meant to set the display to zero, but more often than not, it takes several attempts to get them to start. Once the display appears, then all works perfectly well, but it can initially be quite frustrating.

Overall a good product which perform their main task well, but could be improved with a more reliable way of starting them up.

Anki Overdrive Starter Kit
Anki Overdrive Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb, 3 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Anki Overdrive Starter Kit (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having been a huge fan of Scalextric in my childhood, I was really excited to get hold of this product and try it out with my 5 year old son. It sounded like it was going to be a fun, novelty toy and the integration with an iPhone/Android app was intriguing.

In reality, Anki Overdrive far outweighed my expectations and kept myself, my son, then very soon my 8 year old daughter, and then my wife entertained for several hours, with the four of us racing our cars around the track, all controlling on our Apple devices (perhaps a worrying sign of the times that we have four separate iOS devices in the house with which we could control our cars!). We have since had this out several times and thoroughly enjoyed playing it each time.

One of my enduring memories of playing Scalextric as a child is the cars' tendency to fly off the track, often followed by a frustrating few minutes spent readjusting the the connectors to get it to run along the track again.

With Anki Overdrive, there are no such problems as the cars automatically detect the track layout and stay on the track. This leaves those controlling the cars free to concentrate on changing lanes, firing weapons and trying to overtake or outsmart their opponents.

Straight out the box, you can tell that this a quality item and that a lot of care and attention to detail has been put into every aspect of the product. For any parents familiar with the usual hassles of opening toys and games at Christmas and birthdays, you might expect to have to spend a few hours undoing twist ties, breaking off clips, cutting through plastic packaging etc, but this was not the case at all. The track, cars, instructions and accessories all have their place in the box, and fit neatly and securely when placed back in after playing. With its minimalist qualities, the box and the packaging could have been designed by Apple themselves.

The track, which is made from a lightweight, flexible, glossy plastic and fits together quickly and easily with magnetic clips. It can be structured in a variety of ways (with or without crossovers and ramps).

On the first use, the cars need to be charged, using the supplied charging station, but this only takes 8-10 minutes for a full charge.

The most time consuming aspect of the setup was downloading the app, which took quite a while, so it's worth doing this part first and allowing a bit of time for this, especially if more than one person in the household will be downloading at the same time. (It's also worth noting that the app takes up quite a lot of storage space - 755MB on my iPhone). The app actually guides you through the setup of the track and the cars, and allows you to test out the track and the controls with a few single player challenges. (In which you race against another car, controlled by the app itself).

This is where the integration between app and physical toy really comes into its own, as you begin to accumulate upgrades to your car, such as new weapons which can be used against your opponents. You can temporarily disable the other cars, or send them spinning out of control.
Beginning a race couldn't be easier, you can place the cars literally anywhere on the track and as you operate the app, the cars will make their way to the starting position (turning round to face the right direction where necessary). A minor gripe would be that there could perhaps have been a little more visual distinction between the cars, as it can be easy to lose sight of your vehicle when racing, especially when playing four cars at once.

The most enjoyable aspect for us was the opportunity to race against family members in a 2, 3 or 4-way battle, this has provided us with many hours of entertainment, and it's great to know that we can expand the track and range of cars by purchasing add ons at a later date.

Byjoy 925 Sterling Silver Pear Shaped Sapphire Pendant on a Curb Chain of 45cm BAE270N

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 28 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This beautiful necklace is encrusted with small diamond-like jewels, surrounding the spectacular blue sapphire.
The beauty of its appearance is breath taking as when light shines onto it, it shines back with its clear jewels dancing as it glistens.
This would be a perfect gift for any young lady who likes elegant jewellery. Its size is no more than 3cm length and 1cm width, so is perfect for a finishing touch to go with her outfit. The necklace is quite light also so will act as a perfect balance on your neck.
The box it is contained in is a very modern, simply cushioned box. It protects the piece well and is very strong in keeping it in good condition. It is also covered in another layer which just slides off, adding an extra protective cosmetic to your products safety.
All in all, the necklace is amazing. I would personally buy this for someone who is very precious to me as it is a precious gift. Whoever receives this will definitely be extremely happy with its beauty and elegant features.

Toshiba BDX2550KB - Smart Blu-ray & DVD Player
Toshiba BDX2550KB - Smart Blu-ray & DVD Player
Offered by eZee Trade

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb and ridiculous, 27 Oct. 2015
A superb quality player let down only by the ridiculous limitations of internet connection.
The quality of picture is amazing from this player. It's easy to set up, can be done in seconds...but...come to internet connection and your in a world of pain.
You need a wired connection, so either set this up next to your router or buy one of those extender plugs with an Ethernet socket.
I have an ASUSASUS RP-AC52 Dual-Band Wireless-AC750 Range Extender (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) with Signal Indicator and One-Touch Blue LED Light and it took 90mins to set this up. It took me to the edge of patience and beyond.
The "wizard" took about 4 times to complete successfully, and by successfully I mean it froze on the last step at 99% and I gave up, turned it off and when I turned it back on again found it had actually completed.
Now it is connected it's pretty limited to YouTube, BBC stuff and Netflix. There is a few other bits but it's a single page of choices not page after page.

Vonage Premium Unlimited Business Phone Service on Mobile/Landline
Vonage Premium Unlimited Business Phone Service on Mobile/Landline

3.0 out of 5 stars Um...?, 22 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm so glad I'm not writing the first review (currently this is the 4th).
I'm giving it 3 stars (currently the highest score), because it is a very smart bit of kit. Easy installation instructions, except as others have said they are not complete and leave you so many questions.
I've also been to the website trying to figure things out, but its all a bit hazy as to what I would actually be buying and for how much and how many products make up a normal phone/broadband package?
Maybe a teenager could work this all out in seconds but I just don't get it.
I also started to wonder who would really benefit from this in the age of smart phones. I read somewhere it would take calls and transcribe them as text and forward them to you...but wouldn't you just get an e-mail on your phone?
Really not sure about this at all. I'm sure its a perfect fit for someone, its just not me.

Hamilton Beach Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, 4.75 Litre
Hamilton Beach Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, 4.75 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit, 20 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite dubious when my wife first brought this to me. We’d been cooking rice for years with out any problems, was there any need to get a special cooker. But after the first use, I’m hooked.

This rice cooker is pretty simple, small(ish) and a functional piece of kitchen kit. The initial instructions are easier to follow and makes rice cooking simple and effortless. What I like and love the most is that it’s a pretty clean machine as well. No more water boiling overflow fiascoes. All in all pretty good.

Dirt Devil DDW03-E01 Rinse/Wash and Dry Carpet Washer, 1350 W, White/ Red
Dirt Devil DDW03-E01 Rinse/Wash and Dry Carpet Washer, 1350 W, White/ Red

4.0 out of 5 stars A beast of a cleaner, 14 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes in a very big box. There is a small pamphlet of instructions for use. The assembly instructions only involve how to put the handle on. The cable holders you will have to figure out (not that tricky), but I only figured out a place for one of the tools to be stored, I have no idea how the smaller tool fits on? There are no pictures of it fully assembled with all attachments on.

It is is a fantastic carpet cleaner though. By following the very simple guide, this is a very easy tool to use. I was amazed at how much dirty water came out of my carpets.

Negative comments about this cleaner is that it very heavy to use, and is quite a large piece of equipment. A full house clean you would want to make a day job as I would also recommend that you vacuum your floors first before using the cleaner, to avoid having to clean each tool afterwards.

It is a very handy housecleaning tool to have if you are willing to take the time and effort to use (think pushing around a heavy bucket on wheels), and have a large area to store (it's about 10% bigger than a typical upright Hoover). This is also a piece of equipment that would work well in large areas of carpet, you may struggle trying to use in smaller areas.

If you are looking for a solid piece of equipment and you are serious about maintaining clean carpets, this is a good piece of equipment to have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20