Profile for Derek > Reviews

Table Top Air Hockey
Offered by Trendi
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Table Top Air Hockey (Toy)
Bought as a 'fun gift' reminder of playing air hockey on holiday many years ago. Very entertaining. When assembled it doesn't quite fit back in the original box - a bit dissapointing.
Would recommend as a cheap gift - and something a bit different. (Dont forget to get some batteries!)

Bodymax Anti Burst Gym Ball - 75cm (Black)
Bodymax Anti Burst Gym Ball - 75cm (Black)
Offered by Powerhouse Fitness
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big black ball, 24 Oct 2011
Arrived quickly. I was initially surprised how big and heavy the box was. Be prepared for a lot of effort to inflate this. It doesn't come with a pump so make sure you have a good one (foot pump is best) with a suitable adapter. Even when you think it is inflated enough, when you sit on it it is still quite saggy so pump up plenty. My OH has experience of gym balls as she works out with one at a propper class and even when I was finally happy with how inflated it was she said it needed a bit more air!
Good quality durable product. Would recommend.
Only minor issue is it smells a bit 'plasticy' but I suppose that is to be expected.
Highly recommended and a bargain compared to others I have seen (some not even 'burst proof')

Motown 50
Motown 50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing the amount of tunes you can recognise, 19 April 2009
This review is from: Motown 50 (Audio CD)
I read throgh the song list and recognised a few good tunes and so bought the album. When I played it I was amazed at how many other tunes I recognised (and Liked). Very pleased with this purchase

Chinese Food Made Easy
Chinese Food Made Easy
by Ching-He Huang
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb gift with benefits, 19 April 2009
This review is from: Chinese Food Made Easy (Hardcover)
Bought this as a gift and really benefited from having great Chinese meals tested on me in return. Superb food (I'm told easy to follow recipes with simple ingredients, and alternatives given for some ingredients in case you can't find them - rice wine for example)

Hama MP3 to Radio/Amplifier Connection Cable, 3.5mm Jack to Jack - White
Hama MP3 to Radio/Amplifier Connection Cable, 3.5mm Jack to Jack - White
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but thicker than I expected, 19 April 2009
Bought to connect Ipod to a bedside DAB CD radio Alarm. Does what its supposed to do well enough but it was thicker cable than I expected and took up a bit more room between the radio and the ipod than I thought.

Kitchen Craft Acrylic Recipe Book Holder
Kitchen Craft Acrylic Recipe Book Holder
Price: 11.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but nothing special, 19 April 2009
Bought this as a stocking filler last Christmas. Its ok and fit for purpose but is not quite wide enough to protect larger recipe books from splashes (So I'm told - not from my own limited cooking experiences you understand!)

Quadra expandable portfolio briefcase / messenger bag
Quadra expandable portfolio briefcase / messenger bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and durability, 19 April 2009
I had one of these a few years ago with a company logo on given by a past employer. I was very impressed with the durability of the bag and numerous storage zipped pockets. As I needed to take the bag regularly to various building sites it was put through its paces many times. Having changed jobs I looked for a new bag with similar features and nearly paid more that three times the price of this for one with fewer features until I found this on Amazon. I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this to anyone. It does not look out of place on a building site or in a boardroom and is a bargain for under 20 delivered.

Family Cycling Trail Guide: 300 Waymarked Traffic-Free Cycle Trails All over the UK
by Nick Cotton

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but very few local rides, 19 April 2009
The book was particularly cheap at only a few pounds but given that there are 300 routes I was dissapointed that there are only about 4 rides in the midlands identified in the book! The guide does give very useful information on hill gradients, facilities, pubs/ cafes etc and does cover all areas of the country but you may prefer a more local guide to your own area particularly if you don't want to have a lengthy journey by car to the start of the routes given.

Tenn Soft Shell Hi Vis Long Sleeve Cycle Cycling Jersey in Black/Grey - XXL
Tenn Soft Shell Hi Vis Long Sleeve Cycle Cycling Jersey in Black/Grey - XXL

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain cycle jacket, 19 April 2009
Great price compared to premium brands for the same quality, fit and feel. Not a great deal of 'high viz' but ideal for my needs

Tenn-Outdoors Men's Fingerless Cycling Gloves Mitts - Black, X-Large
Tenn-Outdoors Men's Fingerless Cycling Gloves Mitts - Black, X-Large
Offered by Tenn Outdoors
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 19 April 2009
Cheap and cheerful reasonable quality padded gloves. Nice level of grip and good for mid and warmer seasons. Tried them on a few very cold days and wished I had gloves with fingers! Nice fit and velcro strap.

Page: 1 | 2