ARRAY(0xa2b16150)

Profile for kewitsch > Reviews

Content by kewitsch

kewitsch

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sugru Multi-Colour (Pack of 8)
Sugru Multi-Colour (Pack of 8)
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars cost may outweigh the benefit, 28 Mar 2014
Very expensive so unless the things you are going to fix are important or expensive it may not be worth buying it.

Beware of the dogs enter at your own risk warning house security wall gate sign
Beware of the dogs enter at your own risk warning house security wall gate sign
Offered by Quality Jewellery QJ
Price: 1.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Says aluminium - it is not - just cheap plastic!, 18 Mar 2014
Unhappy as it is infringing trade description as it says aluminium when it is plastic. This is just not acceptable, but more hassle than it's worth to send it back.

Also it would be far better if it showed an aggressive dog type rather than a loveable doggie resembling a labrador!

Smart Pets Superplush Draught Excluder - Smudge the Cat
Smart Pets Superplush Draught Excluder - Smudge the Cat
Offered by PriceParadize
Price: 6.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous! - spec tells you the weight but not the length!!!, 3 Mar 2014
Ridiculous! - spec tells you the weight but not the length!!! Well I wouldn't expect the weight to be an issue, but the length is very relevant. Not everyone will want it for a standard width door - I happened to want it for a thermal curtain divider.

The Memory Foam Contoured Seat & Back Cushion (Blue Velour) - Reduce Back Ache, Improve Posture! (UK DELIVERY ONLY)
Offered by Great Ideas
Price: 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Time waster so Worse than Worthless, 27 Nov 2013
This is NOT as per the picture or displayed '2-in-1' label - it is a cheap nasty Chinese substitute with a Chinese label. Not that I have anything against China - but feel this is misrepresentation - read on to see why:

I have ordered lots and lots of stuff from Amazon, and been mostly very satified, but this is the worst by far!! What I've been sent is both not contoured as per the picture, or "2-in1" as described and had a frayed seam. I am angry at having my time wasted and this seems like trying to pull a fast one.

It is basically just curved like a horse-saddle with raised edges and stays that way.

Might be usable as a back support but utterly useless as a seat cushion. It had a frayed seamed across it which looks like it would split after 5 minutes of use. Basically this is just a simple wedge of foam, flat one side and with a simple curve on the other, and I wouldn't pay more than 3 or 4 pounds for it.

Further research since suggests that they actually sent a back cushion - not the contoured seat cushion which is supposed to be a 2-in-1, which incidentally you can get off eBay for nearly 5 cheaper and with colour options. Similar alternatives are also on Amazon for nearly 6 cheaper.

This will have a serious impact on my respect and readiness to deal with Amazon from now. At first I thought the packer just screwed it up? but it should be straightforward so I believe it is jutst an overpriced con and has now caused me considerable inconvenience in online admin, getting the label, repacking and taking it back to the post office etc. - my time is precious!

To add insult to injury I have to pay the postage. This is the first time - out of dozens of previous orders with Amazon I had returned just 2, but the postage was prepaid for them at least.

TOETOE SOCKS Classic Ankle/Mid-Calf Unisex Cotton - Essential (UK4-11, Black)
TOETOE SOCKS Classic Ankle/Mid-Calf Unisex Cotton - Essential (UK4-11, Black)
Offered by TOETOE LTD
Price: 6.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, nice to wear but far too expensive. Found no offers on bulk packs., 27 Oct 2013
Soft and comfortable. They don't seem robust so I don't yet know how well they will last. I like the idea to prevent toes sweating, sticking together and rubbing - works well for my crooked bent toes but being on a low income I will shop around diligently to force the competition.

LG C333 TRIPLE SIM simfree mobile phone
LG C333 TRIPLE SIM simfree mobile phone

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and good value, 30 Sep 2013
Very good so far. Versatile and cost saving with it's ability to cream the best deals across pay as you go tariffs for calls, texts and free voicemail. There are a couple of faults. e.g. if you use the 'Standard Mode' for messaging then it auto-jumps back to SIM1 from the one you selected so you have to either reset back e.g. to SIM2 or SIM 3 or use 'Conversation Mode' to avoid this fault. Also if you save a text message in 'Drafts' then it "forgets" the sending or selected SIM and again defaults to SIM1 regardless. If you type to shortcut to numbers and select from the shortlist then it also forgets the SIM the number is stored on. You have to beware of these shortcomings and actively switch to the required outgoing SIM before you end up calling or texting from the wrong SIM and paying cross-network charges from your credit.

Now, with the superb Ovivo Freedom tariff I hardly need the triple SIM, although I can still keep making unlimited lengthy calls on Lycamobile to one of my relatives who is on this network, and 50 minutes of free Virgin mobile calls per month to friends/relatives on this network. I would prefer generous minutes allowances rather than texts as I hate texting, but it defies logic why so many of our "poverty stricken" UK residents who supposedly can't cope with basic living costs can afford to waste money on mobile phone contracts! ( ... and designer trainers, good cars, satelite TV, and lots of children, cigarettes, junk food takeaways and pets etc. !!! )

Apart from these it is the best multi SIM I have had - far better than the Nokia C2-00, and Samsungs E1182 and B7722i which left me very disappointed before I sold them.

Jazooli Portable Lightweight Universal Foldable Desk Stand For iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 Notebook's, Laptop's, Netbook's & Tablet PC's - Silver
Offered by Jazooli
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad, 15 Aug 2013
Nice design, compact and useful BUT has annoying habit of collapsing easily. If the designer had made the legs CLICK into position firmly and hold the position then this annoying shortcoming would be prevented and I would have given it 5 stars.

Silverline 783124 Gravity Feed Spray Gun 500cc
Silverline 783124 Gravity Feed Spray Gun 500cc
Price: 14.73

2.0 out of 5 stars Insufficient guidance, 5 Aug 2013
Not everyone is an experienced paint sprayer so they should make it clear that this needs an air compressor to attach - which may require considerable investigation and extra expense for the inexperienced DIY-er who doesn't have one.

They tell you that it doesn't need batteries (even I could work that out!) but don't say about the compressor or what pressures to operate it with.

After looking on YouTube and the technical considerations with air compressors, (not to mention the expense) I decide this just isn't worth the hassle unless you are going to use it a lot - and I mean A LOT! I would think a lot of other people might come into this category.

Conclusion - a big wind up and waste of my time - it's going back, but a little more experience and wisdom for the future!

Wilson Steam 99 S Tennis Racket
Wilson Steam 99 S Tennis Racket
Price: 87.50 - 129.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for baseline power and spin but not for net play, 27 July 2013
The racket is spec'd as being 6 pts HeadLight but I carefully checked against a Wilson Six One Team which is only spec'd as 4 pts HeadLight - the Steam 99S is actually more Head heavy - much too Head heavy for my liking - not manoeuverable nor good for volleys, doubles or net play. With strings in (no damper or overwrap) it's balance was only 1 pt Headlight (33.9 cm).

Unfortunately you can't easily taking weight off the head (apart from invasive sabotage!), you can only add it.

I normally used Slazenger Pro Braided, but this racket is great for baseline play when the balls are heavy or slow. Great for extra power or spin when you take a long swing from deep positions.

I would like it to be more of a headlight balance for doubles and for serving and volleying but with the same open string pattern, other players have made similar comments, so I hope Wilson is taking note.

K-Swiss Mens Accomplish LS Omni M Low-Top
K-Swiss Mens Accomplish LS Omni M Low-Top
Price: 49.00 - 80.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Curvy sole is fab, rounded shoe shape is not., 25 July 2013
I love the curvy sole (aka "curved last") good for forward movement and for anyone with stiff toe joint problems - this must open up a big market!

The shoe shape is poor - too rounded and symmetrical and not as good as the K Swiss Big Shot Light Omni - there is pressure on the side edge of the big toe pushing it towards the other toes - the front inside edge of the shoe tapers in too soon. Yet at the same time there is excessive space above the small toes because this side of the shoe does not taper in across them soon enough. The shoe needs to be more foot shaped!!!

The cushioning seems better than the K Swiss Big Shot Light.

The UK 10.5 of this shoe is too big (bigger than the K Swiss Big Shot Light I received of this size) and consequently is at least half a size too long.

Beware - product descriptions incorrect!! "Clay friendly herringbone tread pattern ???" - this "omni" tread is clearly not herringbone. There IS a herring bone tread equivalent for hard or clay courts elsewhere - I noticed that John Lewis are selling it. This shoe has an "omni" tread for astro courts etc. The pair I received was synthetic leather - NOT the "fabric" version I ordered.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3