Profile for Accipiter Nisus > Reviews

Clarks  QuantockUp GTX Boots Mens
Clarks QuantockUp GTX Boots Mens
Offered by Schuhhaus-Strauch

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent walking boots, 2 Jan. 2016
I've had a pair of these for about five years now, and they're still warm, comfortable and waterproof. I wear them regularly for walking, often across muddy fields, and they show no signs of being anywhere near worn out.

10M CCTV extension cable DC audio video PHONO 10 METER
10M CCTV extension cable DC audio video PHONO 10 METER
Offered by HD TEC LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what you might think it is., 16 Nov. 2015
I bought this a an extension cable for a reversing camera in my motorhome. Firstly, in order to be used as an extension cable it would need male RCA terminations on one end and female on the other, since they're male on both ends I had to cut the cable for splicing onto the existing cable. Secondly, the three short ends from the plugs to the plastic box are all shielded, but when I cut the main part of the cable, I was surprised to see it comprises an unshielded (not twisted). straight four core cable.

My understanding is that video cable should be shielded and the original cable supplied with the camera certainly was. In fairness to the supplier they don't advertise it as screened, but they do advertise it for use with CCTV. To save possible trouble I discarded it and bought some screened cable - so a complete waste of money.

Buyee Wireless Car Reversing Rear View CCD Camera Parking Kit + 4.3 inch TFT camera
Offered by Buyee (UK local delivery)

2.0 out of 5 stars ... the basis of the quality which didn't seem that good. Otherwise it's a one star performance for me, 7 Nov. 2015
I've given this 2 stars on the basis of the quality which didn't seem that good. Otherwise it's a one star performance for me. Unfortunately the brightness on the monitor was stuck full on and there was no way of changing it, so I had to return it. There are three buttons on the back which receive no mention in the instructions and I thought one of them might be a brightness control, but none of them appeared to do anything either pressed singly or in various combinations. I did though, find the wiring instructions adequate and pretty straight forward.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2016 2:14 AM GMT

Plug-In Power and Energy Monitor
Plug-In Power and Energy Monitor
Offered by EnergyMonitorWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent little device, 31 Aug. 2015
An excellent little device, simple to use and easy to read. I tested volt and amp readings against a good meter and it appears to be pretty accurate. A memory and back light would be welcome, but for the money I'm more than happy with it.

10pc G4 Pin Base LED Bulbs Spot Light Lamp Cool White DC 12V SMD 3014 2.4W New
10pc G4 Pin Base LED Bulbs Spot Light Lamp Cool White DC 12V SMD 3014 2.4W New
Offered by Lianle®

4.0 out of 5 stars but they're pretty good. The battery power required is reduce by ..., 24 July 2015
I've just received these LED bulbs and replaced 6 10W halogen bulbs in my motorhome. Having just got them I can't comment on their longevity, and they are not quite as bright as the halogens, but they're pretty good. The battery power required is reduce by a factor of 8 plus. The 10W halogen takes nominally 0.83 amp @ 12 volts. I measured the current of two of the LED bulbs, and they each measured less than 0.1 amp, which is 1.2 W @12V. (Better than the tech spec which states 2.4W).

For those who said they didn't work, it's worth remembering that these bulbs are 12 volts DC and should be good with at least 11-15 volts DC. Most home spot lights are either 230V or transformed down to 12 volts AC and they won't work in either situation. The spec does state they are for "Outdoor use only" which I take to be Chinese meaning not for domestic use.

Premium Tesco Hudl 2 PU Leather 8.3" Flip Case Stand Folio Protective Cover Tablet PC (Dark Blue)
Offered by Adspec Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and promptly dispatched, 7 May 2015
Very good value and promptly dispatched. It fits perfectly without getting in the way of the screen and all the holes for camera, sockets etc. are in the right place - it looks well made too.

Sole Control Unisex-Adult Classic Orthotic Insole A1 Black Large
Sole Control Unisex-Adult Classic Orthotic Insole A1 Black Large

1.0 out of 5 stars I just wanted a pair of good inner soles to replace the worn ones in my ..., 31 Mar. 2015
I don't do sports or go jogging and there's nothing wrong with my feet. I just wanted a good pair of inner soles to replace the worn ones in my walking boots. These soles are shaped with a thick, hard and uncomfortable pad forcing me to walk on the outside of my foot. Can't this company make a sole for normal people? By definition that's most of us.

I question the large number of 4 and 5 star ratings for this product and wonder if it's genuinely representative. If the shape of these soles is so good for so many, why don't shoe manufacturers adopt this shape? Presumably because very few people would buy their products.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2015 5:05 PM BST

Mosaic Tiles 10 10 X 4mm. The Blue Blend. 1600 Tile Pack
Mosaic Tiles 10 10 X 4mm. The Blue Blend. 1600 Tile Pack
Offered by Mosaic Heaven

3.0 out of 5 stars Delivery problems., 19 Mar. 2015
The product's alright, but on both occasions I placed an order fewer tiles were delivered than were ordered. A phone call to Mosaic Heaven put the problem right and the balance was duly posted off. One short delivery can perhaps be forgiven - but two in a row? I'm afraid I have been enticed away to Hobby Island now. Same product but quicker delivery and spot on so far.

Draper 69924 Tyre Pressure Gauge with Flexible Hose
Draper 69924 Tyre Pressure Gauge with Flexible Hose

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems very well made and excellent value. I tried it on my motorhome tyres ..., 19 Mar. 2015
Arrived promptly. Seems very well made and excellent value. I tried it on my motorhome tyres where the valves are not that easily accessible and found it easy to use. It tallies exactly with the gauge on my tyre inflator, so I can reasonably assume that it's accurate.

A caveat to my original comment. Still very much 5 star, but it's worth noting the brass fittings at both ends easily come unscrewed a couple of turns. It's not that obvious, but it does cause the device to leak when being used and it then it's inaccurate. This might be why some people have found it difficult to use.

Bar Blade Stainless Steel | bar@drinkstuff Bottle Opener, Bar Blade Bottle Openers for Bartenders
Offered by E A Trading Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars How to make your opener a 5 star device., 29 Aug. 2014
It's a bottle opener, and as such it works perfectly well. But I don't understand why it needs to be 7" long. How much leverage do you need to open a bottle? And what is the 1 1/4" hole in the other end for? It's unnecessarily big for hanging it up - the edges are too sharp too. Having put it in the vice and reduced it to 3" in length, and run round the sharp edges with a file, It still works perfectly well and is now a 5 star opener.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2015 3:47 PM BST