Profile for Ms. Danielle K. Smith > Reviews

Content by Ms. Danielle K...

Ms. Danielle K. Smith
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Little Learners: Slide & See 'I Feel Happy'
Little Learners: Slide & See 'I Feel Happy'
by Little Learners
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute little book, 16 May 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A lovely sturdy book. My daughter loves pulling out all the tabs and seeing what's on them. The pages are very sturdy... (we haven't destroyed it yet) It's also lovely to start exploring emotions with your little ones. It covers all their favourite animals and the pictures are nice and colourful.

LeapFrog Scout & Friends Baby Walker
LeapFrog Scout & Friends Baby Walker

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun through the ages, 23 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really surprised by the lift span of this product... 6-36 months. It plays a variety of tunes... 12 to be exact... which helps with the sanity of parents, as we've all had those toys which only play one tune.

It has a pretend phone, which all kids love... and it keeps my little ladies hands off my phone. There is plenty to push, twiddle, turn, and fiddle with to keep little hands busy.

The front is easy enough to clip off and put on the floor. It seems smooth enough for little ones to push along the front. The only thing which worries me is it's colour, I'm hoping that being white is doesn't discolour with age.

There are two volume settings and the all important 'off' button. You also don't have to have the sound on for little ones to enjoy playing with it.

Have Your Cake and Eat it Too
Have Your Cake and Eat it Too
by Sally Bee
Price: 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok if you like cake, 19 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book didn't quite live up to my expectations, but it was ok. It had some really nice bread recipes in it which I wasn't expecting and my husband is working his way through those. There are a lot of bigger cakes included.

The recipes are pretty straight forward and the taste is good.

Half a Wife: The Working Family's Guide to Getting a Life Back
Half a Wife: The Working Family's Guide to Getting a Life Back
by Gaby Hinsliff
Price: 10.11

3.0 out of 5 stars From one working mother to another, 19 Mar 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a working mother I struggle to put some perspective on what I do, I'm a part time worker but also a part time mother... jack of all trades rings a bell... so I was really keen to read this book and put some perspective on what I'm trying to achieve with my family.

It was really refreshing to understand I'm not alone in my struggles, and really enjoyed the read. I'm not going to spoil the plot but it's a good book if you're a part time working mum.

Big Book of My World
Big Book of My World
by Kali Stileman
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and interactive, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Big Book of My World (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is nice one to get your toddler involved. Each page offers a fun activity, which can be done over and over.

The pictures are on the simple side and some pages were a little dull and without colour. But my little one seems to like it.

Vicks Paediatric Germ-Free Humidifier
Vicks Paediatric Germ-Free Humidifier
Price: 70.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally Fabulous, 28 Nov 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a brilliant invention... my daughter had been up all weekend with a cold and hadn't been sleeping. Mummy was getting tired... very tired. Then along came this humidifier, it was brilliant, even on the first night her room felt less dry and she slept through the night without a problem. I then thought I'd have a go as I'd also been suffering with a cough and a cold on top. Even after 20mins I felt better and sleep was so much easier. We thought we'd test it on one more person, so when at friends at the weekend they'd been up the last couple of nights with their daughters cold, so in went the humidifier and hey presto a full nights sleep!

I can't recommend this highly enough. I had used the Vicks sachets in it for my daughter but then realised that they are only suitable for 36months plus. So now I'm saving those for myself, but they do make the room smell amazing! The only thing is that they're a little on the costly price, but if you work out how much you'd spend on cold medicine it evens out over the length of a cold.

It is quite a big contraption, I did find the high setting a little noisy, but the lower setting is fine to sleep with and didn't bother any of us. You do need to make sure it's on a flat even surface and they do advise you use something between the humidifier and wooden surfaces so that they don't spoil, but that was easily done. The Vicks sachets can be a little fiddly to get out, but easy enough to put in.

I try and make sure ours is emptied out and refilled each day with fresh water. Only thing I can comment is that our filter inside has started to go a little yellow, but it's still working. The plug cord seems long enough, we've used in a few places and not struggled.

All in all I'm very pleased.

Dear Zoo Noisy Book
Dear Zoo Noisy Book
by Rod Campbell
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book with nice noises, 17 Nov 2011
This review is from: Dear Zoo Noisy Book (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is huge! Well compared to most on my daughters shelf... The sounds were great fun, the buttons were easy to push. The story was really cute and easy to read for a little one. Although the pages were a tiny bit on the flimsy side, so assistance is required for little ones. The flaps are great to get children involved in the book to see what's in the boxes. All in all a good fun read... we're certainly enjoying it!

BT Digital Baby Monitor and Pacifier (White/ Purple)
BT Digital Baby Monitor and Pacifier (White/ Purple)
Price: 63.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid baby monitor with all the whistles, 20 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On first inspection it was quite easy to set up... plug and play indeed. You will need to remember that the handset requires a fair bit of charging before you start... so you'll need to plan. I really like the temperature checker... we also have a Groegg in our daughter's bedroom but with the monitor you can keep an eye on it from downstairs. The sound is very clear, our previous monitor had a lot of background noise when you turned it up, this one doesn't.

The charging stand is reasonable compact, the only thing I would say is that the handset is quite heavy and bulky compared to some and doesn't clip onto clothes that easily as the clip is quite small. The handset also has a torch, a brilliant idea, it's saved me putting lights on and waking the whole house up. The handset vibrates also when your baby makes too much noise, great for when you've got friends over or if you're doing the vacuuming.

It does come with a very handy travel bag, the top part cleverly has two sections so that nothing gets tangled and there is a padded zip section at the bottom to keep the handset safe... genius.

I've not tried the MP3 input, but what a brill idea, will save me buying something separate for my daughters room.

Have only given four stars due to the bulky handset, otherwise it's a solid good working baby monitor.

Sky's the Limit: British Cycling's Quest to Conquer the Tour de France
Sky's the Limit: British Cycling's Quest to Conquer the Tour de France
by Richard Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every bit!!, 15 Sep 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've followed the tour on TV for as long as I can remember, only wishing I could go and watch it in person or get behind the scenes. I've read books by Lance Armstrong and other cyclists... This book is a good read for anyone interested in cycling but especially the tour. It was great to read a book that was so relevant and recent to today and about an event which I watched from my sofa.

The book does allow you access to the good the bad and the ugly along the journey. You really to get an understanding of every nut and bolt that goes into building a team for such a prestigious event.

This is only the start for this team... they may not have achieved what they set up to do yet, but I know I'll eagerly look forward to watching them grow in future events and then the return of another book.

5-a-day For Kids Made Easy: Quick and easy recipes and tips to feed your child more fruit and vegetables and convert fussy eaters: Sneaky Ways to Feed Your Children Healthy Food
by Karen Bali
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy recipes for all the family, 15 Sep 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter has just turned one and I thought I'd get ahead of the game by getting this book. She's a good eater at the moment so I don't have the problems which some of the other reviews are mentioning.

The book is a handy portable size, but I would say it doesn't lie flat so it can be hard to follow recipes from it. About two thirds of the book is made up of yummy recipes for the whole family, lots of which can be frozen. There are no pictures so it's a create your own on that front.

The book does talk about portion sizes and what children of different ages should have and what does and doesn't count toward 1 of your 5 a day. There are plenty of tips for hiding veg in meals and how to tackle difficult eaters. As well as talking about freezing foods there is a whole section on saving time, something every mum wishes for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15