Profile for Ms. Danielle K. Smith > Reviews

Content by Ms. Danielle K...

Ms. Danielle K. Smith
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Leitz Click & Store A5 Storage Box (White) - ref 60430001
Leitz Click & Store A5 Storage Box (White) - ref 60430001
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars How clever!, 20 Sep 2012
Brilliant. Came flat packed which really surprised me and clipped together with poppers, which I managed to do in under a minute. It's a really sturdy box, good size and glossy so is wipeable. Would recommend!

200 Tagines & Moroccan Dishes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
200 Tagines & Moroccan Dishes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
by Hamlyn Cookbooks
Price: 4.64

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of samey recipies, 20 Sep 2012
I was hoping for some inpriration with this book but the veggie recipes were all similar and didn't really inspire. And the meat recipes were ok but the pictures in the book didn't make me want to rush out and buy the ingredients. Having said that the book has a good sturdy cover and the recipes are easy enough to follow but I wouldn't say that I had all the ingredients.

Vital Baby Nurture 240ml Breast-Like Feeding Bottle (Pack of 2)
Vital Baby Nurture 240ml Breast-Like Feeding Bottle (Pack of 2)
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very close to natural feeding, 23 Aug 2012
The sucking part of this bottle is smaller than other bottles I've had. Its reasonably flexible and promises to reduce colic which is reassuring for patents who bottle feed.

As for cleaning, they have a wide neck so are easy to get a bottle brush in to. Which also helps filling. You do have to be careful if you run them through the dishwasher as if you have anything tomato based in there they will stain. They fit into my Tommee tippee

Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Car Seat Base
Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Car Seat Base
Price: 113.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Be cautious of the warranty., 21 Aug 2012
We bought this product two months before our daughter was born as we had a lot to organise. But what we didn't realise that the warranty kicks in on purchase. We used the product for 10months then moved to a bigger car seat. We then got the base out of storage and started to use it when our second child was born. It lasted 9 weeks and the handle at the front snapped off and or car seat is now stuck on he base! We had the product for 26months but the warranty only lasts two years. If we'd have bought it just before our daughter was born we'd have been covered. Amazon only cover
The product for a year and maxicosi want us to send the base back to them to remove it from the base, they didn't seem shocked to hear that this happened, so I guess it happens quite often. Who knows what we're going to do without a carseat! They also said they would fix it for 40 but thats 40% of the original retail price, which is nuts. It's a really handy product but a lot of money to spend on something which won't see you through more than one child!

Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star: Bedtime Songs and Lullabies (Audiogo)
Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star: Bedtime Songs and Lullabies (Audiogo)
by Deryn Edwards
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 5.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not really for bedtime, 16 Aug 2012
As other reviews mention the first few songs are suitable, they're sung quite slow. But some of the other sings are a strange selection. They'd be better off speed up and made into a daytime cd not for bedtime. Afraid it's not one of my favourites, I've found baby mozart better for getting my little ones to sleep. I'll prob keep it in the car as a back up.

My Granny Is a Pirate
My Granny Is a Pirate
by Val Mcdermid
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Our granny isn't this exciting, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: My Granny Is a Pirate (Paperback)
A really fun read for a toddler who is starting to enjoy longer books. The pictures are bright and fun with lots of things to point out to keep the book interesting time and time again. I think it'll be one of those books which I can read with my eyes closed!

Eyewitness Travel Family Guide France (DK Eyewitness Travel Family Guides)
Eyewitness Travel Family Guide France (DK Eyewitness Travel Family Guides)
by Author
Price: 11.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Good brief introduction into main areas, 16 Aug 2012
I was hoping to find some hidden gems off the beaten track with this guide book, but that wasn't to be. It does cover the main tourist things to do with kids and does group them together for days out. There are some fun facts for kids included. I will definitely take it on out next trip but it won't be my only source of information. The book has a nice thick cover and build in page marker, so it should with stand the test of time.

TugTrio 3 Buggy Straps
TugTrio 3 Buggy Straps

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and it works, 26 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very cute straps... if you can say that about straps :0) They all are named with what they're designed for... so the teddy strap has 'teddy' on it, etc. They all have velcro on them, so they are child safe. They're all padded and well stitched. Not much left to say... they've all been working for us with what they're meant to do... teddy is safe and hasn't been dropped or lost.

AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Output in Black
AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Output in Black
Price: 5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Light is a bit bright, 19 Jun 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This usb converter does what it says on the tin... it is however quite plasticy (not sure if it would survive a drop or squash), quite long... and I found that the blue light was a little on the bright side when driving at night.

Philips AVENT Natural SCF693/27 260 ml Feeding Bottle (Pack of 2)
Philips AVENT Natural SCF693/27 260 ml Feeding Bottle (Pack of 2)
Offered by ML ITC DIRECT
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bottle, 24 May 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These bottles seem to last well... it took me a while to figure out that you need to put the blue seal in or they'll leak. They wash up simply enough and my little lady had no problem taking to them.

They will stain if you put them through the dishwasher with anything tomato based. You also need to remember to up the size of the teat as your little one grows. They do seem faster flowing than tommee tippee teats.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15