Profile for Ms. Danielle K. Smith > Reviews

Content by Ms. Danielle K...

Ms. Danielle K. Smith
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Philips Master GU10 4-35 Watt LED 3000 K 25D MV Spot Light, Neutral White
Philips Master GU10 4-35 Watt LED 3000 K 25D MV Spot Light, Neutral White
Offered by The Lightbulb Company
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright lights, 18 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have LED's through our whole house, some on dimmer switches some not. We've tried different bulbs. These ones throw a night natural light which isn't too orange. It's similar to daylight. They also cope well dimming which not all LED's too, some of our other bulbs flicker when they're dimmed. If they last as long as they say it's very good value.

Pampers Active Fit Size 4+ (Maxi+) Monthly Pack - 140 Nappies
Pampers Active Fit Size 4+ (Maxi+) Monthly Pack - 140 Nappies
Price: 20.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry nights and days, 18 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know that these nappies are meant for day time and wriggling around, but I've also had success during the night with these. I've managed to get my 3 and 1 year olds both wearing a size 4+ which is great for me. They're not as thick as the baby dry, but they still hold all night so 10-12 hours. I haven't found the tabs to snap on these and they withstand doing up and undoing.

It's never easy learning how to walk with a nappy on but my little one does seem to find it a little easier with these.

Ella's Kitchen: The Cookbook: The Red One
Ella's Kitchen: The Cookbook: The Red One
by Ella's Kitchen
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the inspiration, 18 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was so excited to see that Ella's Kitchen brought out a cook book. My kids love all of their food which is sold at the supermarket, plus I'd cooked most of another top baby food guru's book, so really needed some new inspiration.

These probably isn't the book for you if you want a complete guide to weaning and the first year of food. The first few pages do cover this, but it doesn't give you 7 day guides to what to feed. The main thing this book was missing for me was a guide to how to freeze the meals and how to re-heat. 90% of the recipes needed to be cooked and served on the spot. Those of us with kids know that this isn't always possible. So I've had to improvise on freezing some of the meals.

The recipes are however fantastic from snacks, to meals, to sandwich fillings to deserts and even a section on weekend food. I've tried all of the sandwich fillings and my kids (and hubby) love them. I've made samosas, couscous and loads more. The recipes are very easy to follow. The book is colourful and there are great ideas on how to get the kids involved in what they're eating. I personally love the carrot shaped book mark which comes with it too.

Einhell BG-MT 3336 163CC Petrol Tiller
Einhell BG-MT 3336 163CC Petrol Tiller

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuts straight to the point..., 16 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly this is very very heavy (34kg)... I got it sent to a friends address as I wasn't in... it took two strong men to manhandle this into the car with the seats down. Assembly was pretty straight forward (I've had far worse flat pack worse). You will need petrol and oil to fill it.

I suffer with a bad back and we had a very large patch of heavy soil with stones in to churn over, but this machine went through it with ease. You do need to hang on and I did take turns and have breaks, but it certainly did the job. It has a front wheel for guidance, so you don't carry the weight of this machine, it's just that you have to hang on so it doesn't run away from you. The handlebars are adjustable so you can get them to the height which is most suitable for you, I was told by a friend to make sure my elbows were as close to my side and not to stick my backside out.

You do need to be careful with storage and keep it upright. It takes up about as much space as our lawnmower. I know another review mentioned getting it in and out of the car... it's not something we've had to do since we got it out of the box, but I can see how that might be a challenge as there isn't really anywhere to hang onto this apart from the handles.

But it does the job I asked of it in an efficient manor so I'm pleased as punch.

Apramo Gaia Group 0+ Car Seat (Grey/Black)
Apramo Gaia Group 0+ Car Seat (Grey/Black)
Price: 70.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Very solid and very comfortable, 11 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Arrived in a very big box.. easy to unpack. Not really much to put together. Was a struggle to find the instructions but they're hidden in a secret pocket, tucked up in one of the sides. This chair is a bit bigger than your 'traditional' Maxicosi. It will last your little on a bit longer. I liked that it has side impact protection. The handle is nice and long and well padded. There is a little bit of movement in the handle when it's locked into position.

The material is very soft almost suede like. The neck protectors on the straps are very soft and haven't rubbed, although they're not as easy to clean and you can't whip them off and run them through the machine if they get sick on them. The strap that goes through the legs is a bit longer than our last seat and the only frustration with it is when you have the seat strapped into the car the seat belt goes right across when the car seat does up, so it can be a bit fiddly to do up unless you undo the car seat strap every-time too.

The hooks for the car seat belt to strap the baby seat in are very sturdy but the hook at the back of the car seat is a little stiff to get the belt through it, I'm hoping this will get easier with time. We've had not trouble adjusting the length of straps but if you need to adjust once you're in the car, you'll need to pull the baby seat away from the car seat to reach it.

I've not tried this on a buggy as we have a Phil and Teds so haven't needed to.

Only given three stars as it doesn't fit into an isofix base and little difficult to strap into car. But I must stress that the quality of this seat is very high, it has great padding and material.

Fisher-Price Discover & Grow Newborn-to-Toddler Rocker and Seat
Fisher-Price Discover & Grow Newborn-to-Toddler Rocker and Seat

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but doesn't fold away that easily, 11 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First this was quite straight forward to put together... although you do need a Philips screwdriver, so make sure you have that to hand. Plus one of those big batteries. The toys are easy for little ones to hold onto and bat about without pulling off every five mins. The sun shade isn't massive, it' only pops up a little way, we just had to angle our little one away from the sun. The feet are easy to clip up and down to turn it from static to rocking, it rocks smoothly. The vibrations worked... and a big plus for me was that it didn't play any music like other chairs. It was easy to wipe clean and I've not noticed out little one get sweaty in the chair. The straps are easy to do up and undo... we're at the difficult stage where our little one is too strong to sit in it without pulling himself up and too little to sit in it by himself. But our toddler is enjoying it as a TV chair. It's nice and bright with 'generic' images. All in all we're very pleased. Does what it says and is well made.

Only four stars as it doesn't fold away as flatly as it would lead you to believe. It's not really a pack up and take with you item.

Elephant Pants
Elephant Pants
by Smriti Prasadam-Halls
Price: 5.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really suitable children's read, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Elephant Pants (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whilst the pictures are great and the overall story line is ok... I'm not sold on the execution. It's about an elephant who has lost his pants, which sounds OK. But the story goes on to get all the animals to strip one by one and show their underwear to Noah to show that they haven't stolen the elephants pants. It covers all different types of pants from y-fronts to raunchy feathered knickers for the flamingoes. I just didn't feel comfortable reading this with my 2 year old.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 3:35 AM BST

Tefal Gv8461 Pro Express Autoclean Steam Generator
Tefal Gv8461 Pro Express Autoclean Steam Generator
Offered by Southern Electric
Price: 156.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Walks all over all other irons, 25 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, well boxed, arrived safely. Easy to unpack and set up. The water tank slips out easily and the angle to fill the water is so much better than previous models. It doesn't spill as you fill it up. The cable and plug is much better as it has a retracter fitted (like on a vacuum cleaner).

Takes a few minutes to warm up. Settings are fairly straight forward to work out. The safety catch is a little stiff to move down.

The most important test is: does it get the creases out of my husbands work shirts.... and the answer is yes... I've found I only have to iron one side of the sleeves and it powers though even the toughest of creases. I've got some shirts of mine which I normally have to iron when damp, but not with this iron. My kids have some bedding which is 100% cotton which used to be a pain to iron, but with iron I can fold it in half and only iron one side.

I normally hate ironing, I think I'd rather watch paint dry. This iron certainly takes the edge off and saves so much time! I try to do a bad job of my husbands shirts so that he'll do them himself but that's not possible with this iron. If you're looking for a well made, sturdy iron which is easy to manoeuvre, steams through the toughest of creases and saves you time. You've met your match.

Think that to say I love an iron is taking it a bit far but I'm certainly very pleased with it.

CafeTutto (Nespresso compatible) Capsules Taster Box 25's
CafeTutto (Nespresso compatible) Capsules Taster Box 25's
Offered by Fresh Coffee Shop Ltd
Price: 7.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Some better than others, 25 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On first inspection they don't look quite as slick as the Nespresso capsules. They're just not as smooth. And as the description says you do have to push a little harder to pop capsules. This taster box is quite a good idea as some of the capsules taste better than others. From personal taste preference the 'stronger' ones were better (blue and purple).

LeapFrog Animal Adventure Learning Table
LeapFrog Animal Adventure Learning Table
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining, 25 Mar 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off, pretty easy to put together... just pop the four legs in (my toddler can even do this). Although we do use it without the legs so my little one can play with it whilst he's sitting and crawls all over it.

There are lots of songs and options. The circle in the middle has a light which changes colour and moves around and encourages children to tap the table along with the music. The book starts the musical alphabet which has really helped encourage my toddler to lean the alphabet. There is a hippo which has a mirror under it.

We've had this a good few months and it's still a daily fav for our little one, and our toddler still comes back to it from time to time. The only down side I've found is that it's not that easy to wipe clean. Our little one has been sick on it a few times and it's rather fiddly to get it out of all the grooves, which there are lots of.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15