Profile for Bob Shortis > Reviews

Content by Bob Shortis

Bob Shortis (Hertford, Britian)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
SanDisk SDSDQUIN-008G-G4 Ultra Imaging Micro SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 48 MB/s Read - 8 GB
Offered by B3Digital

4.0 out of 5 stars The card of choice, 8 July 2015
Bought to support a holiday/adventure to Canada. This is a real boon, it sits in my Samsung camera, holds so many photo's and so much video, the battery runs out before I fill it. Easy to transport, it's small, but big enough not to lose. A great buy on my behalf.

Integral Courier 197 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive with 256-Bit Hardware Encryption
Integral Courier 197 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive with 256-Bit Hardware Encryption

4.0 out of 5 stars A secure blessing, 8 July 2015
Bought two of these to support a holiday/adventure in Canada, and also because I'm paranoid. Not only is it helping my paranoia but is proving excessively useful. The encryption is a blessing, I only have to remember one password and all the others are safe; they are also big enough to keep all my photo's on, plus all those travel documents you carry with you just in case, passport scans, photo I.D scans, etc. Did I mention I'm paranoid?

Fury
Fury
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Second World War drama, but with realism, not ..., 21 May 2015
This review is from: Fury (Amazon Instant Video)
Second World War drama, but with realism, not for the squeamish, some of the scenes are really violent and some are rather emotional.

DIGIFLEX High Speed 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB+UK AC Power Adapter Cable
DIGIFLEX High Speed 7 Port USB 2.0 HUB+UK AC Power Adapter Cable
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Altogether an excellent example of a device doing what it should, 21 May 2015
It's an old adage but this does what it says. It's a powered 7 port USB hub; which means it runs as many as seven external USB devices using only one of your computers USB ports (I use a laptop and it doesn't come with many), without, and this is the point, drawing any power from your computer. Unlike un-powered hubs which do.
This saves wear on your computer and gives you the option of running a few more devices (camera, printer, CD/DVD drive, mouse, keyboard, etc) without computer power drain and the complications (not to mention drama's) that can ensue from that.
Altogether an excellent example of a device doing what it should, at an exceedingly affordable price.
I think its fantastic.

Acer TravelMate B113-M 11.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i3 3227U 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dinky little machine, 12 Mar. 2015
Initially we looked at an Apple Air Lite, but have you seen the price of those things, added to which, the Apple is very lite and the purchase has been made to use on our 'trip of a lifetime'. This is some £600 pounds cheaper, much more substantial, a little heavier but meets all the requirements we have. Its a dinky thing, the keyboard is a little small, but we wanted a light weight, small computer and that's what we have.
The 13 inch screen is large enough for photo editing, its good for word processing (and why shouldn't it be) and fulfills all the functions required of it and then some. All in all one of my better buys.

ECCO Men's Track II Lace-Up Shoes, Bison, 10 UK
ECCO Men's Track II Lace-Up Shoes, Bison, 10 UK
Offered by Bells Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, 12 Mar. 2015
The last pair of these shoes that I bought have lasted me over 10 years. I initially bought a smaller size, 43 as opposed to these 44, they fit well are comfortable, like all new shoes they needed a period to 'break them in', in this case about 15 minutes.
Must say that the exchange of shoes sizes was an almost pleasant experience, Amazon makes returns so easy,

X
X

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
Loved this, its everybit as good as people say

Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Star Trek Into Darkness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pine

3.0 out of 5 stars Different Star Trek, 20 Feb. 2015
I'm a confirmed Trekkie, but the new films didn't really sit well. This is good, not as good as the originals, but entertaining and actually in our collection. So very acceptable. However if you're a Trekkie it may take some getting used to, the original story line has been totally dumped and they've gone for CGI excitment. Watchable though.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Friday night entertainment to make you talk to your partner, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Gone Girl (Amazon Instant Video)
A quirky tale of marital mayhem, slow to start but with a kink in the tail which had me wondering "what now?".

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow

3.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant, entertaining film., 23 Nov. 2014
The partnership of Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt is good, but they have both been in better films than this. Even so it is entertaining. A good family film, but with moderat violence.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5