Profile for Fusspot > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Waterpik Standard Replacement Brush Heads for SR3000 and Complete Care
Waterpik Standard Replacement Brush Heads for SR3000 and Complete Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok - so far., 19 July 2016
As described replacement brush heads for toothbrush that comes with the water pick. Hopefully no more will be required until next summer.

Philips Azur GC4890/02 Steam Iron.
Philips Azur GC4890/02 Steam Iron.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great uncomplicated iron., 18 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Philips Azur GC4890/02 Steam Iron.
I bought this as a replacement for my beginning to show its age 10 year old azur. I like that there are no buttons on the underside of the handle and the fact it has a 2.9m length cord. It makes a bit of racket whilst "waking up to the job in hand" but once going steams brilliantly.

Kaiser Stroller Sheepskin Foot Muff Dublas White Sheepskin (Marine)
Kaiser Stroller Sheepskin Foot Muff Dublas White Sheepskin (Marine)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shame this winter hasn't been colder!, 18 Feb. 2016
Fabulous quality. Too big for the Bebecar pushchair we have, but fitted our daughters I candy cherry perfectly. All the adult family want one! Our grandson looks super comfy when "installed"

Reindeer Musical Christmas Door Mat With LED Lights 60 x 40cm Indoor Decoration
Reindeer Musical Christmas Door Mat With LED Lights 60 x 40cm Indoor Decoration
Offered by UK-Gardens

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun for an under one., 18 Feb. 2016
This wasn't purchased as a door mat, rather as part of our nine month old grandsons Christmas. He was enchanted by the lights and had worked out how to set them off in no time. His face as he crawled away and the music stopped was a picture. Not sure about next year tho!

Tupperware Shape O Ball Toy
Tupperware Shape O Ball Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars A toy that has stood the test of time., 30 Nov. 2015
My daughter had one of these thirty years ago so I was delighted to find they are still made. She had lots of fun with it and I anticipate the same for my grandson.

Wooden Toys Wooden Activity Baby Walker
Wooden Toys Wooden Activity Baby Walker
Offered by ACORNSTORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Something else to fall over?, 30 Nov. 2015
This item needs assembly. I had been a little concerned by other reviewers who had experienced difficulty, but even with the wrong assembly instructions it was easy to screw together. It certainly looks the part and is easy to push. It seems quite sturdy, but as this is for Christmas it has not been properly "road tested" by my grandson, hence only four stars. I managed to tap out Twinkle Twinkle on the xylophone element, but I'm not giving up the day job just yet!! Like another reviewer it would suggest lining the shelf with some sound absorbing felt, which although not large holds more than the shapes the walker comes with. Note the item is made in China which is a shame, but at least it isn't plastic. Fast efficient delivery.

Wish You Were Here
Wish You Were Here
by Graham Swift

3.0 out of 5 stars but it was a good way of creating the effect of the characters' thought ..., 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Wish You Were Here (Paperback)
This was a Bookclub choice. I don't think I have seen more question marks in a novel, or brackets, which I found irritating after reading the book for a period of time, but it was a good way of creating the effect of the characters' thought processes, who, I thought were well developed and believable. (Of course this is subjective.). The staccato phrasing, however, (as you would hope) did manage to convey some very taut emotion. There were some very witty turns of phrase - "can you can have something up your sleeve if you've got nothing on?". However, the continuous repetition - rephrased naturally - of the thoughts and self-questioning of the characters (of whom there were relatively few) meant - for me - that this book was about twice as long as it needed to be. 6/10

Syno 5ml Vital Hyaluronic Acid - Pack of 30 Sachets
Syno 5ml Vital Hyaluronic Acid - Pack of 30 Sachets

4.0 out of 5 stars The answer I've been looking for?, 10 Nov. 2013
I'm not sure it is helping my arthritis as much as I had hoped, but my skin is looking fantastic. Even my beautician has commented. And my thin hair has got thicker. Which are both welcome 'side effects'.

The Towers of Trebizond (Flamingo)
The Towers of Trebizond (Flamingo)
by Rose Macaulay

4.0 out of 5 stars Aunt Dot and the camel, 16 Aug. 2011
This book was selected as this month's read by my book club. The concensus was that it was a book of three parts, the last of which although short, did not add anything to the book as a whole and could have been dispensed with. We all agreed the middle section was far easier to read than the first. I personally found the subject, travelling through Anatolia and the Levant as part of a Christian missionary group in the Fifties interesting as a history/geography lesson, not being a Christian nor familiar with this part of the world. Not to mention the many references to Greek mythology. The writing style was sophisticated and the book was very amusing in parts. Many of the observations made by Laurie (Rose Macauly) still apply today. Marks awarded ranged from an apologetic 'I am sorry I just couldn't get on with it' four to a 'glad I stuck with and will read again' 8.

Philips GC4730/02 Azur Steam Iron with Ionic Deep Steam and Auto Shut-Off - 2400W

2.0 out of 5 stars The original is better, 21 Jun. 2011
I bought this iron for my Mother. The iron is heavy, doesn't slide on the fabric as easily as the Philips irons usually do, but worst of is the position of the button for the Ionic Deep Steam function. This is on the underside of the handle. Given the grip required to control the iron I am forever pressing the button, which makes the iron make an irritating noise and with no visible benefit. However, the cord is long, the filler spout wide and the water jug supplied does fill up the reservoir completely. If I had known about the irritating Ionic Steam button's position I would have stuck to the "original" Phillips Azur iron, which I find wonderful.

Page: 1 | 2