Profile for Mrs. L. R. Peters > Reviews

Content by Mrs. L. R. Peters

Mrs. L. R. Peters (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Evil Games: A gripping, heart-stopping thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, couldn't wait to finish the book and ..., 7 Jun. 2015
Brilliant read, couldn't wait to finish the book and now l have, I feel bereft. Having already read The Silent Scream I am looking forward to the next DI Stone instalment from this talented author.

Genova
Genova
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Genova (Amazon Instant Video)
I love Colin Firth but this was one boring film, glad I only rented and not bought.

How The Light Gets In (A Chief Inspector Gamache Mystery Book 9)
How The Light Gets In (A Chief Inspector Gamache Mystery Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 29 Aug. 2013
I don't normally pay £9.99 for a book, however, this was money well spent. I have only read two previous novels by Louise Penny. The first was "April Is The Cruellest Month", which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having read that book I was familiar with the characters of Three Pines, which are so well drawn, I feel as though I know them and it's like coming home. The pace of the book never lets up and keeps the reader enthralled. It's one of those books you can't wait to finish, but when you have, you wish you hadn't. The author paints the scene and you're there. I loved it.

The Echo
The Echo

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 July 2013
This review is from: The Echo (Kindle Edition)
I normally enjoy Minette Walters' books, but I'm afraid couldn't get into this one. Although I persevered to the end, I was lacking in empathy for any of the characters and was left with the feeling that I couldn't care less what happened to any of them. I found the 14 year old boy who could recite word for word Billy's diatribe, totally unbelievable. Would not recommend.

BROTHER
BROTHER

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Your Average Run Of The Mill, 13 May 2013
This review is from: BROTHER (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this well written book. The characters and storyline were believable, creating great mental imagery. I couldn't wait to see how the events would unfold and so gave myself the afternoon off to finish the book. Would highly recommend. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling Stuff, 12 May 2013
This book is well deserved of the five star rating I have given. An enthralling and satisfying read. I couldn't wait to finish the story, but now wish there was more. I am looking forward to reading "Making A Killing.'
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 4:16 PM BST

The Very Best Of The Mavericks
The Very Best Of The Mavericks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Party CD for people of a certain age, 10 Sept. 2012
Bought this album for "Here comes the rain track", which I love and wasn't disappointed. Some of the other tracks are cover versions from way back. That's fine for me being an oldie. This CD has plenty of upbeat tracks that can be played to create a great party atmosphere. Delivery was excellent and the item was received in perfect condition. Would definately recommend and use this supplier again.

Dyson DC19DB Multi Floor Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC19DB Multi Floor Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars It's what I've been waiting for, 6 Sept. 2012
Hurray! At last I have a vacuum cleaner that actually works. Ions ago I had a Dyson upright cleaner, but that must have got lost in the mists of time. I think it was one of the early ones and didn't reach the edges of the carpets. Over time have purchased less expensive cleaners but always been disappointed when after a period the cleaners seemed to lose their suction power and I end up having to physically pick the piece of grit or whatever off the carpet myself and stuff it down the hose. Now, I have this amazing cylinder cleaner that draws the stuff from the edges and sucks up everything in its wake. I love it. Delivery from this supplier was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Highly recommended.

Kings Cutlery Tea Spoons - Pack of 12 | Stainless Steel Tea Spoons, Genware Kings Cutlery, Teaspoons
Offered by Top Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 6 Sept. 2012
Bought the Kings Cutlery tea spoons and soup spoons to match already purchased cutlery set. Really pleased with the items and after looking at other suppliers of similar articles this one was the cheapest. The spoons are made in stainless steel with engraved handles, all in one piece so no disassembly of handle from body of spoons after numerous washes. Delivery was excellent and would recommend both supplier and product.

Amefa Vintage Kings 16 Piece 4 Person Cutlery Set - Gift Boxed
Amefa Vintage Kings 16 Piece 4 Person Cutlery Set - Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for the price, 6 Sept. 2012
I have been wanting a new cutlery set for ages. And after reading other customer reviews for the Amefa Kings cutlery set, took the plunge. I'm really pleased with the items and the prompt delivery. As another reviewer commented, (they thought the cutlery was a little on the lightweight side). I don't think the items are too lightweight or flimsy in the least and are of an adequate, standard size. For me it is a bonus the items are not too heavy so that they don't damage the drawer they sit in when not in use. I have discarded my old mis-match set completely and now every time I open the drawer my lovely new set gleams out at me. Very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2