Profile for Mrs. L. R. Peters > Reviews

Content by Mrs. L. R. Peters

Mrs. L. R. Peters (UK)

How The Light Gets In (A Chief Inspector Gamache Mystery Book 9)
How The Light Gets In (A Chief Inspector Gamache Mystery Book 9)
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 29 Aug 2013
I don't normally pay 9.99 for a book, however, this was money well spent. I have only read two previous novels by Louise Penny. The first was "April Is The Cruellest Month", which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having read that book I was familiar with the characters of Three Pines, which are so well drawn, I feel as though I know them and it's like coming home. The pace of the book never lets up and keeps the reader enthralled. It's one of those books you can't wait to finish, but when you have, you wish you hadn't. The author paints the scene and you're there. I loved it.

The Echo
The Echo
Price: 4.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 July 2013
This review is from: The Echo (Kindle Edition)
I normally enjoy Minette Walters' books, but I'm afraid couldn't get into this one. Although I persevered to the end, I was lacking in empathy for any of the characters and was left with the feeling that I couldn't care less what happened to any of them. I found the 14 year old boy who could recite word for word Billy's diatribe, totally unbelievable. Would not recommend.

BROTHER
BROTHER
Price: 2.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Your Average Run Of The Mill, 13 May 2013
This review is from: BROTHER (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this well written book. The characters and storyline were believable, creating great mental imagery. I couldn't wait to see how the events would unfold and so gave myself the afternoon off to finish the book. Would highly recommend. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
Rope Enough (The Romney and Marsh Files #1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling Stuff, 12 May 2013
This book is well deserved of the five star rating I have given. An enthralling and satisfying read. I couldn't wait to finish the story, but now wish there was more. I am looking forward to reading "Making A Killing.'
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 4:16 PM BST

The Very Best Of The Mavericks
The Very Best Of The Mavericks
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Party CD for people of a certain age, 10 Sep 2012
Bought this album for "Here comes the rain track", which I love and wasn't disappointed. Some of the other tracks are cover versions from way back. That's fine for me being an oldie. This CD has plenty of upbeat tracks that can be played to create a great party atmosphere. Delivery was excellent and the item was received in perfect condition. Would definately recommend and use this supplier again.

Dyson DC19DB Multi Floor Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC19DB Multi Floor Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars It's what I've been waiting for, 6 Sep 2012
Hurray! At last I have a vacuum cleaner that actually works. Ions ago I had a Dyson upright cleaner, but that must have got lost in the mists of time. I think it was one of the early ones and didn't reach the edges of the carpets. Over time have purchased less expensive cleaners but always been disappointed when after a period the cleaners seemed to lose their suction power and I end up having to physically pick the piece of grit or whatever off the carpet myself and stuff it down the hose. Now, I have this amazing cylinder cleaner that draws the stuff from the edges and sucks up everything in its wake. I love it. Delivery from this supplier was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Highly recommended.

Kings Cutlery Tea Spoons - Pack of 12 | Stainless Steel Tea Spoons, Genware Kings Cutlery, Teaspoons
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct
Price: 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 6 Sep 2012
Bought the Kings Cutlery tea spoons and soup spoons to match already purchased cutlery set. Really pleased with the items and after looking at other suppliers of similar articles this one was the cheapest. The spoons are made in stainless steel with engraved handles, all in one piece so no disassembly of handle from body of spoons after numerous washes. Delivery was excellent and would recommend both supplier and product.

Amefa Monogram Kings Cutlery Set Stainless Steel 16 Piece
Amefa Monogram Kings Cutlery Set Stainless Steel 16 Piece
Price: 17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for the price, 6 Sep 2012
I have been wanting a new cutlery set for ages. And after reading other customer reviews for the Amefa Kings cutlery set, took the plunge. I'm really pleased with the items and the prompt delivery. As another reviewer commented, (they thought the cutlery was a little on the lightweight side). I don't think the items are too lightweight or flimsy in the least and are of an adequate, standard size. For me it is a bonus the items are not too heavy so that they don't damage the drawer they sit in when not in use. I have discarded my old mis-match set completely and now every time I open the drawer my lovely new set gleams out at me. Very pleased.

Magnifying Mirror  with 15x Magnification for Close Eye Makeup and Cosmetic Eyebrow Suction
Magnifying Mirror with 15x Magnification for Close Eye Makeup and Cosmetic Eyebrow Suction
Offered by Layton's bits and bobs
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty Product Essential, 6 Sep 2012
I just love this little mirror and consider it a real beauty product essential. Delivery service was excellent and I even had a very courteous email from the supplier to advise delivery was on the way. I wouldn't hesitate to use this supplier again and would highly recommend the product and its price.