Profile for DaBobsta > Reviews

Content by DaBobsta

DaBobsta

Eazy Fold Shirt Clothes Folder (Large, Blue)
Eazy Fold Shirt Clothes Folder (Large, Blue)
Offered by supermarket-x
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Channel your inner Sheldon, 5 Feb 2014
This is the second one of these I've had, and I wouldn't be without one. Folding T-shirts is so much faster now.

Green Crystal Four Leaf Clover Love Heart Silver Plated Bracelet
Green Crystal Four Leaf Clover Love Heart Silver Plated Bracelet
Offered by The English Jewels
Price: 39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor quality, 5 Feb 2014
I purchased this for my daughter, using some of her birthday money. It is of extremely poor quality. The chain is too fragile, and the metal is too soft, to support even it's own weight, much less that of the charm.

It arrived within less than 24 hours - excellent delivery time; no complaint there - on Saturday morning. She put it on, and within 2 hours, the end weight on the extension chain had fallen off. This was due to the weight pulling so hard on the very soft and thin link, it distorted and "tore". As a highly experienced beader, I had the tools and knowledge to fix it - well, to open the end link, add the metal drop and close the end link.

Incidentally, the extension chain is decorative only. The lobster claw is too large to fit into any link other than the jump ring from which the extension chain is suspended.

The bracelet was not worn on Sunday, or on Monday, but was worn yesterday and today, Wednesday. Well, for some of the day, anyway. She did not catch it on anything, but at some point after 3 pm this afternoon, it broke and fell off her wrist.

VERY disappointing, especially for a jewellery item priced at 40 - not even worth the 15 sale price she paid for it.

Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 In-Ear Headphones - Blue/Black
Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 In-Ear Headphones - Blue/Black
Price: 12.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 23 May 2013
These were bought for everyday use when out & about. You wouldn't expect hi-fi quality sound, and you don't get it, but they are adequate for the job.

Shakespeare Made Easy - Macbeth
Shakespeare Made Easy - Macbeth
by Alan Durband
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars GCSE help, 23 May 2013
Bought for my daughter, to help her understand some of the more convoluted passages for her GCSE in ENglish Lit. Does the job, quite well.

Kitsound Buddy Portable Speaker Compatible with iPhone, iPod, iPad Mini and MP3 Player - Bunny

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, cute, surprisingly good sound, 23 May 2013
Bought for a rabbit obsessed daughter, so based purely on looks, I was pleasantly surprised by this speaker. It produces loud, clear, good sound in a small but cute package.

Wild Sling Solo - One Man Water Balloon Launcher
Wild Sling Solo - One Man Water Balloon Launcher
Offered by Urban Gifts
Price: 12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Back-firing is HILARIOUS!, 23 May 2013
I bough these for use with my Scout Group.

The water balloons that come with it seem rather weak - I'd buy yourself something more robust. You really do have to hold you legs well apart. If you do not, the balloon won't fire forwards; rather, it will drop into the crotch of the firer, soaking them instead of the intended target area.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 May 2013
I bought this for my daughter, to help prevent cable tangles. Which it does. I'm not sure how robust it will be in long-term use, but she is very happy with it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little portable beading light, 23 May 2013
My husband bought this lamp for me to use when beading, It runs on batteries, and uses white LEDs to produce daylight-like light. Bright daylight. VERY bright daylight.

It is light, so portable. It runs on batteries, so no trailing wires for people to trip over at craft groups (or for my naughty house rabbits to chew on). It is supposed to run for up to 8 hours on one set of batteries. The set that came with it lasted me well over 12 hours. Impressive. I am now using rechargeable batteries, and it is working well.

My only issue is the fold-out base. It could do with being a little bit bigger, to improve the stability of the lamp in use.

Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography
Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography
by Walter Isaacson
Price: 22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing man, amazing book, 8 Dec 2011
This is a very well-written, and eminently readable, autobiography. I could not put it down - for two days, I was unresponsive to questions and requests from my family, so immersed was I in this book.

Tefal Simply Store VC103915  3 Tier Steamer, Chrome (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Tefal Simply Store VC103915 3 Tier Steamer, Chrome (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT steamer, 8 Dec 2011
Stores small, easy to fit together - just get the baskets in the right order - can fit my large Christmas pudding basins; what's not to like? Well, possibly a bit slower than some steamers.