Profile for R. D. SWEENEY > Reviews

Content by R. D. SWEENEY

R. D. SWEENEY "Richard" (Spain)

Loud Distribution - Johnny Cash - Guitar Shield T-Shirt noir (XL)
Loud Distribution - Johnny Cash - Guitar Shield T-Shirt noir (XL)

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 SIZES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE., 10 July 2011
I was a bit wary about buying a T-shirt of a brand which I know nothing about and my fears were well founded. One-wash-wonder. Got an XL for my bro and after one cold wash it became an S for my sis! 2 birds with one stone!Great stuff if that's what you're looking for.Sadly, I wasn't. I was looking for a quality T-shirt!

Clippasafe Roller Blind (2-Pack)
Clippasafe Roller Blind (2-Pack)
Offered by Santé Sans Souci

3.0 out of 5 stars Clippamethis!, 10 July 2011
Typically good delivery from Amazon. The blind works well and blocks out the sun well ( I should know cause I live in the south of Spain). The only downside is the size. A bit square and short. When I tried it laterally in the Octavia station wagon it was to big height wise , which is a pity because it has a really useful pull out system for lengthening it.They should make one for more rectangular windows.

The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Tattoos (Mammoth Books)
by Lal Hardy

3.0 out of 5 stars not for the coffee table., 5 May 2010
Good pictures, nicely thought through and put together but it isn't useful to have on the coffee table for visitors to have a flick through cause after looking at it twice myself i've found that the pages are coming away from the spine. In order for it to last I'll have to glue it.There are a lot of pages, but the book is on the small side and the binding can't cope with the weight. Would be great in a larger, hardback addition.

Perspirex Anti-Perspirant Roll On 25ml
Perspirex Anti-Perspirant Roll On 25ml
Offered by Activecare Online

2.0 out of 5 stars I've been Johnny Cashed!!!, 18 Mar 2010
".... And it burns, burns burns ... "
Got this last week. Couldn't wait to try it due to the rave reviews ( which are fully justified ) but 10 mins after applying it to my hairdryer dried armpits I found that not only does this product stop your pits from sweating but it literally sets fire to your skin. Needless to say sweating was the last thing on my mind !
My pits still ache after 3 days but at least I`ve stopped sweating; probably seared shut my sweat glands !
Anyway, it does work but before you give your skin the full dose, I suggest you try it on a tiny bit of underarm skin just to test the waters.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 5:09 PM GMT

DC Shoes Mens RD 1.5 Dk Choc/Cobblestone D0302200 8 UK
DC Shoes Mens RD 1.5 Dk Choc/Cobblestone D0302200 8 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Just aswell I don't skateboard!, 4 Mar 2010
Bought these trainers about 9 months ago. Lovely looking and quite comfortable ( DC's can be a bit clunky to walk about in ). I buy skaters because I wear down quickly all my trainers on one side which doesn't look the best. Only problem is the same is occuring with these shoes which alledgedly have a reinforced heel! I had a pair of Vision for 4 years that didn't wear away as much. I've only had these 9 months along with the fact that over winter i didn't wear them much cause didn't want to get the suede wet.Wouldn't like to see the state of them if I were a skater !

The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Admit when wrong !, 3 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Not as bad as I thought. Tried the cd on i pod after disastrous results on cd player and it sounds ok which leads me to believe that it's the cd player that has the problem and not the disc. I therefore retract my previous criticism. In fact at this price you won't get a better value Who album with quite a wide range of their work where you can easily recognise artistic changes through their career. Now I have to buy a new cd player!

JML Iron Total Gym Upper Body Workout Bar
JML Iron Total Gym Upper Body Workout Bar
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

1.0 out of 5 stars Measure your walls first!, 24 Oct 2009
Hi. Just got the Iron Gym through the door, put it together and when I went to try it out I discovered that in order to stay in position my walls would have to be aprox. 12 cm thick for the bar to stay in the correct horizontal position.On top of that, even if the walls were thick enough I doubt if the frame is and the hook is as about as helpful as a piece of blue tack. Anyway, it is clear that the sellers of Iron Gym do not include measurements for the simple reason that it would affect their sales, as it is quite easy to measure and inform the customers of the minimum depth of wall or doorframe needed. Before buying the product I checked out the other reviews which were mainly 4 or 5 stars. Now I am quite wary of such reviews because I find it hard to believe that so many people have walls of such depth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2009 9:48 PM GMT