Profile for Moviesyes > Reviews

Duronic HDCB /3 High Speed 3 Metre HDMI Cable - 3M HDMI to HDMI slimline cable
Duronic HDCB /3 High Speed 3 Metre HDMI Cable - 3M HDMI to HDMI slimline cable
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI 3 Mtre, 8 Jan 2014
Had a good look around on Amazon for a 3 mtr HDMI cable - prices varied but I chose this product and seller - great value for money - now connecting with ease my laptop into the tv - "World of Tanks" has never looked so good !!

Displex Lens Scratch Removing Polish
Displex Lens Scratch Removing Polish
Offered by Wholesaleprice-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Displex Display Polish, 18 Dec 2013
Having read other reviews regarding this product I was 50/50 as to purchasing this product.
I have recently tried to get a replacement cover for my well used and scratched I-pod classic, only to find out that a new cover is no longer available, therefore I looked around for something that I could use to try and remove some of the scratches.
After reading reviews i decided to try Displex Display Polish - Each to their own - and for me its a 10/10.
99% of the scratches have vanished completely with a soft cloth and the minimum of effort.
Well pleased.

Live In Detroit [Blu-ray] [2013]
Live In Detroit [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Peter Frampton
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Live in Detroit - Blu-Ray, 10 Dec 2013
XL performance vision and sound from a showman who always seems to be on top of his game on all of his DVD releases. I still hope that another couple of Pie tracks could make their way into his live set - Im Ready would have been welcome within this performance, but its well worth the price I paid - watch listen and enjoy.

Humble Pie: Complete Performance-Rockin' the Fillmore
Humble Pie: Complete Performance-Rockin' the Fillmore

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pies Performance X4, 3 Dec 2013
Picture the scene - In 1972 i was a 12 year old discovering the delights of rock music.
Within 12 months - Performance Rockin the Fillmore along with Uriah Heep Live and Deep Purple's Made in Japan formed the holy trinity of live rock albums, a few more 1970s live albums joined my list within a few years - Hawkwind,Wishbone Ash,UFO,Rainbow,Judas Priest, but even now those 3 albums are still atop of my the list.
The expanded 3 disc version of Made in Japan was a treat for these ears and now we have an absolute gem from Humble Pie.
CLASS with a capital C - my ageing ears will never grow tired of this release !!

ENJOY
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2014 11:35 PM GMT

Live In Birmingham 1993
Live In Birmingham 1993

3.0 out of 5 stars Times past, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Live In Birmingham 1993 (Audio CD)
If you were there on the night you know the score, average performance carried as I remember for me by the late great - Mr.JD Lord.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 2:07 PM GMT

UK Airfields of the Ninth: Then and Now (After the Battle)
UK Airfields of the Ninth: Then and Now (After the Battle)
by Roger A. Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Airfields Of The 8th, 12 Sep 2013
For anyone interested in the 8th Air Force and/or their UK bases during WW2 - this book is a must buy.
What is there not to find interesting in book complied by Roger A Freeman, this book as with his other publications is with out a doubt well worth every penny.

Offered by Side Two

4.0 out of 5 stars 13, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
I must admit I approached this album with one question in mind - are Black Sabbath relevant today.
I guess maybe some of you were around in 78 when Van Halen hit the scene, Sabbath were so out of touch by then.
I've always thought that the best thing to happen to Ozzy was his branching out solo, which now brings us to 2013 + "13".
For me there's good tracks and average tracks, the average ones being the songs based on songs from around 1970/71, and they're easy to pick out.
I would have been happier if the bonus disc tracks were on the main album in favour these.
On the whole, I think Oz is singing within his limits, some good riffs from T.I, solid playing from Geezer but its a pity Billy aint completing the line up.

The Next Day
The Next Day
Offered by Dirty Deals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The Next Day, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Next Day (Audio CD)
I read the above reviews - and decided to buy my first DB album since Black Tie White Noise. I pretty much gave up with his albums after Diamond Dogs, and someone mentions a hint of past work on this album, and yes, I spotted a couple of Nods in the direction of Ziggy.
I like this album, infact ive listened to it for two days on the trot whilst travelling on a bus to work and back.
Best album ive heard so far this year by far - welcome back - David Bowie.

Now What ?!
Now What ?!
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Now What indeed !!, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Now What ?! (Audio CD)
Where to start - simple -
1. A marriage made in heaven - Deep Purple and Bob Ezrin
2. Ace bass work from Mr.G on Apre Vous makes for great listening to a "BAND" on top form
3. Vincent Price/ Purple through and through
4. To this old Purple head the best album since Purpendicular
5. Nuff Said!?

Live In Wolverhampton [DVD] [2012]
Live In Wolverhampton [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Glenn Hughes
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars The Voice of Rock - Live, 16 April 2013
Classic performance of one of rocks best ever vocalists. Never fails to give less than 110% live and this is a fitting two set gig that you wont be disapointed with

Page: 1 | 2 | 3