Profile for cml > Reviews

The Equality Illusion: The Truth about Women and Men Today
by Kat Banyard
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 12 April 2012
I think that this is a very important book, not just for those already interested in feminisms. It questions some fundamental flaws in our attitudes towards women. Some have crticised it for being written in an angry tone. I personally believe it is the right ammount of angry considering the injustices it discusses. Not just theorising, Banyard backs up her views with scientific evidence. Essential read.

Acer Aspire 5542-303G50Mn Laptop PC Athlon II X2 (M300)
Acer Aspire 5542-303G50Mn Laptop PC Athlon II X2 (M300)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend, 26 May 2011
I have had this laptop since last January and all it has done is give me problems. I was told that Acer are reliable but I will never buy from them again. It has become very slow as I am an art student and have been trying to use it for Photoshop etc. The keys are always falling of, it's heavy to carry around. Within a month of buying it the disk drive stopped working and I had to send it back. It often has problems booting up and I am worried any day I will lose all my work (so I back it up). For the money that it cost me I expected to be able to use functions like Iplayer but it is very slow with video despite me having a good internet connection. I don't misuse my laptop, there is no reason for the keys to break. For this money get a Toshiba or spend a little more and get a Mac, this laptop doesn't seem made to last. (I am typing with broken keys now but they are the little rubbery stumps underneath the keys, VERY annoying).