Profile for W. H. Osborne > Reviews

Open [VINYL]
Open [VINYL]
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Open, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Open [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I love this song, but having the vinyl has given me a new appreciation. It is unique not only because of it's design (it's clear plastic), but also, on the B Side there is a wonderful live version of the song too.

The Wolf Princess
The Wolf Princess
by Cathryn Constable
Price: 8.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Betwitching, enchanting and exciting tale!, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Wolf Princess (Hardcover)
Wolf Princess is a magical story for young girls. Beautifully written, with lots of sly humour, Cathryn Constable perfectly captures the voice of Sophie as she is slowly drawn into the mystery of her own identity. I could feel the icy coldness not just of the frozen Russian winter but of the villains as they start to circle their prey. A brilliant story all round.

Towards the Sun
Towards the Sun
by Christopher George
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading, 28 July 2010
This review is from: Towards the Sun (Paperback)
I enjoyed the book and there were some good jokes, but I got a bit confused and a little bored towards the end. However I would recommend it to people for some light reading.

Jacquard's Web: How a hand-loom led to the birth of the information age
Jacquard's Web: How a hand-loom led to the birth of the information age
by James Essinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Fun, 27 Nov 2006
As a fan of science and technology literature accessible to the layman I found this book absolutely superb. Entertainingly written from the opening paragraph, Mr Essinger traces the fascinating roots of our modern computer cutlture from their surprising origins. Of the best books of its type I have read.