Profile for The Silver Dragon > Reviews

Content by The Silver Dragon

The Silver Dragon (England)

Girls Minx Polka Dot Skater Dress & Belt Red or Navy from 7 to 13 Years
Girls Minx Polka Dot Skater Dress & Belt Red or Navy from 7 to 13 Years

4.0 out of 5 stars So cute, 16 May 2014
I bought this for my daughter as she was having a Japan day at school and needed some red and white clothing. It was comfortable and fit well. The only thing i didn't like was the belt as it had no notches to secure it, it just looped through the buckle. Apart from that i really liked it and so did she. First class service from the seller too.

The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995]
The Shawshank Redemption [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Tim Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see film, 16 May 2014
I love this film and have loved it ever since i first saw it. Sinister, entriguing, amusing and moving all at the same time.
I have watched this film so many times and i never get tired of watching "Andy" struggle to cope with prison life and ultimately make you feel that anything is possible....once you set your mind to it.

In prison a man will do anything to keep his mind occupied.

Clearspring Organic Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil 250 ml (Pack of 2)
Clearspring Organic Toasted Pumpkin Seed Oil 250 ml (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality product, 24 Mar 2014
Clearspring never disappoint with this product. Delicious nutty flavour and a nice thick consistency make this a near perfect oil. In a pack of 2 this makes one of the cheaper pumpkin seed oils on Amazon and its completely worth buying. Don't look anywhere else, its just not worth the hassle for a cheaper product as I have seen and bought cheaper and it was just a waste of money.

Fantastic 80's! Greatest Hits
Fantastic 80's! Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best 80's music, 3 Dec 2013
When I saw this I thought it would be a great addition to my music library. I was not disappointed. This album has some upbeat favourites and some other popular music you heard but you never knew the title/artist's name to. Well I didn't at least :). I grew up in the 80's with 80's music around me, so this is a really comforting album to listen to. Well worth the price for 60 songs!

Brave [DVD]
Brave [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelly Macdonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone BUT i loved it, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as i never got round to seeing it in the cinema. I was skeptical at first because i had heard very mixed reviews having read some of the reviews on here. After getting it a few months back on the bogof offer that Disney was doing i have never regretted buying it. It makes a change to see an all Scottish cast rather than Disney using all American casts like they usually do. Perhaps it is because of this that some dont like it, maybe they think they dont get the same feel as a usual Disney Pixar. Personally i love the fact that they tried something so bold and different. Its an emotional and often funny story with a few hints of peril in between, so i would suggest watching for the first time with your kids if they are young/sensitive/have certain social/mental difficulties. My other half and daughter dont seem to like this one as much as the other Disney Pixars but then again, not everyone feels the same way. All I'll say is, if you aren't sure then rent it first before buying. 5 Stars for it because its so different :)

The Golden Girls: Season 5 [European Import / Region 2]
The Golden Girls: Season 5 [European Import / Region 2]
Offered by TVserieshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Golden Girls Season 5, 28 Jan 2013
Despite being a European import it still played in English without needing subtitles, which is great to see. The box is all in German but you can easily find an English translation for the episodes on the internet. This lost 1 star only due to the fact that the people who had shrink-wrapped my product had it too close to the heat and the cover is all wrinkled. However this doesn't affect the playing of the discs.

The episodes are interesting, delving more into the relationships between the cast members, their families and sometimes their dearly departed ones. Some sad and moving moments but still enjoyable to watch. Sophia is, as ever, hilarious in her blunt observations and her little schemes. Well worth buying for the laughs and the warm moments.

White Knight Dryer Vent Hose 4 inches Diametre x 8 Feet
White Knight Dryer Vent Hose 4 inches Diametre x 8 Feet
Offered by BulbsTubes

4.0 out of 5 stars A good replacement, 19 Jun 2012
I bought this to replace my White Knight Tumble Dryer hose that finally went after about 5-6 years of constant use. This replacement is longer than my previous one which is a bonus for me as my hose is not permanently attached to the wall but stuck out the kitchen window as my place is fairly small. I managed to get the plastic machine end clip onto it but it was a bit fiddly, thus i have given the product only 4 stars. Could be just me of course. Either way I'm happy with it.

The Return Of Jafar [DVD]
The Return Of Jafar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toby Shelton

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good sequel, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Return Of Jafar [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this to replace my VHS version of this film. I must say that the video to DVD transfer has not lost any quality and looks pristine and clear. The film itself is a masterpiece of Disney animation and is one of very few sequels out there that actually is as good as the first in my opinion. Though mission Robin Williams as the Genie, its still fun to watch and the songs are very catchy. You may find yourself randomly singing one around the house! All in all its worth a watch.

Quiet! (Book & CD)
Quiet! (Book & CD)
by Paul Bright

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: Quiet! (Book & CD) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 7 year old daughter as she has some of the other Little Tiger Press "Book and CD" releases. Shes wanted it ever since she saw it in the cover of one of her other books. Finally i decided to look for it and buy it for her as a little treat. She loved it straight away. This book is great for kids who are having difficulties reading as they can listen to the CD and follow along with the book. Its a sweet story that all young children will love, not just girls. I thoroughly recommend you try it out.

Adventures of the Gummi Bears 1: Seasons 1-3 [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ June Foray

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, Shame its not in Region 2, 22 May 2009
I used to love watching this series when i was young and like most i looked on Youtube for some of the episodes to remember the good old days when cartoons were great. When i found out it was available to buy i was really happy until i found out its only available on Region 1. Very disappointing but hopefully Disney will catch on and make a region 2 version so my daughter can see what i used to love so long ago. In short, the cartoon was first class children's viewing, just a shame its not for Europe.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2011 10:15 AM GMT