Profile for doggiegalore > Reviews

The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister
The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister
by George R. R. Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars A real money spinner, 29 Nov 2013
A compact book just like the subject. I enjoyed Tyrion in all the Game of Thrones books and laughed out loud at many of his observations. The TV series is also not a disappointment, the actor is just as I imagined Tyrion. In this little offering some of the wit is out of context and is clearly just padding. Not worth the money, unless you are the one cashing in LOL.

STYLEYOURMOBILE {TM} LG OPTIMUS L3 E400 MULTI BIRDS OWELS PU LEATHER MAGNETIC FLIP CASE COVER POUCH
Offered by Style Your Mobile Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun item, 20 Aug 2013
Nice bright colours, so I can find it in my handbag. Glad I have it to protect my phone as I am always dropping things

Starter charm bracelet fits Pandora, Biagi, Chamilia, & many European Charms. Silver plated women's size 22cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 20 Aug 2013
This is a great bracelet. Good size as I have large wrists. Can't wait to get the beads I ordered. I have ordered 3 more so I can make up lots of bracelets to match various outfits. If you are thinking about this, I would order more than one to save on post.

The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: Wounded Land / One Tree / White Gold Wielder
by Stephen Donaldson

3.0 out of 5 stars Glimmers of brilliance, But, 27 July 2013
Started reading TCtUB as recommended by friend who said they were the second best books ever, just behind LoR. I have so far got to book six, White Gold Wielder. I find that I keep reading for the moments of brilliance, and my love of the Giants. However the continual moaning of Covenant is at times depressing. When Linden Avery entered the books, I thought she would give Covenant a chance to become the hero he could be, but no, she too is a self indulgent depressive character. Yes, both characters have done things they find difficult to live with, especially the rape committed by Covenant, but at some point they surely should have gotten over their self loathing and realise they were not all that bad. Rape is indeed a monstrous crime and I can see Covenants problems run deep. Covenant even holds on to his guilt when forgiven by his victim. In doing this I feel he is disrespectful to his victim. What right as he to self indulgently punishing himself when his victim thinks otherwise. Covenant must realise that war is brutal and hard choices have to be made. Everyone who gives their lives to protect Covenant knows this, except Covenant. Get a back bone man.
I do not see any crime in Lindens history. Her parents made her what she is and she could easily forgive herself of the subsequent mercy killing.
I still love the giants.
At times Donaldson's style is too wordy and he clearly swallowed a dictionary at birth. While Tolkien's style explains a million emotions in just one sentence, Donaldson spends far too much time going on and on about how Covenant and Linden are feeling, when a few short well written sentences would suffice.
If I have time I may continue with these books as I am still optimistic the cloud of doom may lift.

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 27 Feb 2013
I love ironmaiden and do think they are the best band in the world. This album is their best, although other tracks on other albums are of the same quality. Many fans have spent time giving a long report on how good this album is. All I can say is that it is a work beyond the ordinary. The story telling is magical and the music just takes you out of yourself for the duration. No matter how many times I play this album I never cease to be amazed at the talent and quality.