Profile for Maffy78 > Reviews

Content by Maffy78

Maffy78 "~~Maffy" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Fantasy Life (Nintendo 3DS)
Fantasy Life (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile treat., 7 Jun. 2015
Upon reading the reviews on here and other websites, I was unsure if getting the game would be worth it because I was seeing so many reviews which mentioned that the overall story was short and boring to complete. Then there was the lack of videos and helpful information on sites many of us tend to go to, an example of which being YT. There were walk-through videos, but straight down to it guides were almost non-existant, of course excluding the few which were helpful, but seemed slightly unresearched.

However, upon gathering as much information as I could find about this game, I decided to treat myself and I'm glad I did, even though I'm around 20 hours in and I've completed the main story(which is an average time for long-term Pokémon players, a game which is VERY popular). There is still so much more to do, I am yet to master a single class, and have barely divulged into the side quests as of yet, of which there are many.
I'm not so sure about the comparison between 'Animal Crossing'(AC) and this game, yes, there are similar features such as customization, but if I'm fairly honest, after putting a large amount of time into AC, this game is quite different and stands on its own.

I found the gameplay to be quite cute and often amusing, your companion who you meet at the beginning of the game comes up with some quirky one liners which at times made me look quite silly as I found myself laughing out loud to the bemusement of those around me. A potential spoiler alert here so skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to know, but it is only a minimal one as I try to keep my game reviews as spoiler free as possible. Okay, you're still here, don't blame me if this ruins the story for you, as unlikely as that will be. Later on in the game, you cross paths with someone from your companions past and then the real comedy begins as they arguments ensue and I found myself wondering what I would do if I was there myself. This rarely being the case as I found the game to be quite immersive so felt like I was there already.

The combat is quite similar to that of 'Happy Wars' in my opinion, it's cute and funny, but a wrong move could be the difference between you having to revive your comrades, using a 'Life Potion'(Which will revive you), starting from your house, or returning to the time you last saved the game, and I don't mean going back in time to warn yourself not to make the mistake, I mean you literally start again from where you saved which depending on how long ago you saved could be quite tedious. I will mention one thing though, there are many save spots in the game so if you take advantage of them, you shouldn't lose any more than 10 minutes of gameplay. I personally stock up on LP's though because I'm impatient like that.

I found the animation to be quite intriguing and the text surprising and amusing. I want to elaborate as to why, but trust me, you'll find out near the end game when you meet the... Fluffy... Cloud... Little help people of which I've ironically forgot the name of, my apologies for that.
The cinematic scenes within the game are well made and I found myself turning on the 3D effect during each one to take full advantage of them because they looked absolutely beautiful. If you gain enough 'Bliss' points, you can purchase an in-game bonus which will allow you to watch these at your leisure, you can also listen to music from the game as well.

Now, a warning to those who are purchasing this game for a younger audience, or those who dislike reading or may find it difficult, this game is heavily text based, and while you can skip the text as the game practically points you in the right direction for the most part, if you dislike reading, then you're going to be missing out on a lot of the story and the cute comedy which has made me love this game. That being said, the words are fairly simple and there's nothing to complex in there.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and this game is one of the best I've ever played and a true favorite of mine, if not my favorite. It's a 10/10 from me, there's so much to do and I haven't mentioned the DLC as of yet because I'm only level 20 and that isn't completely accessible until level 50. Now, 20 hours in, mainly doing the main story-line and I'm 30 levels from the DLC. Trust me, there's a LOT of content in this game and I highly recommend it and have been recommending it in fact to the majority of people I know who own a 3DS. It's epic cutscenes, character interaction and their backstories have made this a game I am yet to put down and find it unlikely that I will, even if I am slightly unsure what to do now I won't have their interaction each time I go out into the land of Riveria unless I recruit them to my party.

NOTE: IF YOU PURCHASE THE DLC, YOU CAN ONLY PLAY WITH OTHERS WHO ALSO HAVE THE DLC, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE ACTIVATED IT OR NOT.

Should you buy this game?.. In my opinion, if you're here looking at the reviews, you're already considering it. So, give it a try and if you dislike it, you can always return it and purchase something else. I know many that have got rid of the game and came to regret it.

I hope you found this helpful, I apologise I was unable to mention many downfalls to the game, but if you have any questions, I'd be happy to try answering them.
Thank you for reading. :) :)

The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)
The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be 'The One You Love'., 12 Feb. 2013
I purchased a Kindle in August 2012 and after reading a short story I decided it was time for something bigger.
Which is when I came across this fantastic work to which I can honestly say, from my memory and what I've been told from the people around me, I've never reacted so well, in such a positive way to something I've been reading.

The books description in perfect, and you can really engage yourself with the characters. Feel the emotions they are feeling and suddenly you're thrust into another world which is an aim that many can't achieve to perfection.
Paul certainly perfected it, and I would highly recommend this to friends and family. I actually have done in fact, I have shared it on social networking sites and recommended it to others I know own a Kindle.

As for the bad points in this book, I can't really say I noticed/there were any. It's a very gripping suspense which will keep you on edge all the way to the end, at least, that's what it did with me, it got me thinking about who did it.
Then I was surprised!

The real bad thing is, the likely outcome of reading this FREE Kindle book (Free at time of writing this review) will make you part with your money and purchase at LEAST the sequel (Cost at the time of this review).
Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

=============================

As for the author;

Paul keeps in contact with his readers through various social sites such as his Twitter and Facebook page. He also has his own website too.
He's very kind and seems too perfect almost anything including his first radio interview. A definite thumbs up and five stars for this fantastic Author from me. I hope this review has in some way made an impact on your view of both the book and the author because I promise you won't be disappointed, in fact, I'm willing to place a cookie on it!

Guitar Mastery Simplified: How Anyone Can Quickly Become a Strumming, Chords, and Lead Guitar Ninja

5.0 out of 5 stars "I love Erich, he loves me, he teaches me how to play guitar and I like his cat, and I am now guitar ninja!", 9 Dec. 2012
What can I say, it's from Sage so it's absolutely fantastic.

The book goes into great detail but it is simplified down to the last... last chord?

Okay, reviews contain the good points and the bad points right, then they make an overall comparison. Okay, well here goes.

==Good Points==

This book is amazing.
Erich is amazing.
His cat is amazing.
This is simple.
Still readable on the original non-backlighted Kindle.
It's absolute brilliant.
Will GREATLY increase your guitar ninja skill.
And so much more that you'll discover when you get this fantastic book.

==Bad Points==
Only 58 People (Including myself) have reviewed this and it's been over 3 weeks. Come on guys!
Erich isn't included.
Each time this book is opened, a demon from another dimension tries to consume the world and you have to stop the demon by unleashing your inner ninja. It's tiresome but fun.

==Overall Comparison==

In my opinion, you should most definitely dig out the cash to purchase this book. It's cheap, but absolutely brilliant. If you're serious about learning guitar, this is the way to go about it. I have a load of guitar books. But I've found Erich has the simplest to understand, but they offer consistant detail which as a result enhance your playing skill.

Now, go forth Ninjas. Dig out the money and download this book. IT IS AMAZING! And it will also save you from the demon. You have been warned, it's your choice not to believe me. But why take the risk? BUY, BUY, BUY!

Sniper Elite V2 (Xbox 360)
Sniper Elite V2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Excess Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars He just won't stop!, 23 Oct. 2012
I purchased Sniper Elite V2 for my dads birthday.
Because it came exactly on time, and I was pleased with the prompt delivery I decided to let him have it early, in the hope that someday I would be able to wrap it up and present it to him as a birthday present even though he knew what he was getting much like he did to me and the game 'Dogz' on the Nintendo Ds a few years ago.

I was WRONG!

He just won't stop, he can't put the game down, every time I enter his room. **BOOM -- (BULLET-TIME) -- KIIL**

He assures me that the game has different enviromental details to that of the demo (Enhanced Bullet variations such as drop, spin etc.)
And that the graphics of the game have been somewhat boosted.

I asked him for the bad points, but I'm still waiting for him to reply... **BOOM -- (BULLET-TIME) -- KILL**
I literally just turned around, he's so addicted that he has even taken to killing bottles! Looks like I'm making my own dinner tonight! (Joking... He's not addicted enough to neglect me... Yet! -- Seriously kidding... He just really enjoys this great game and so should/you will too! :) :))
========================================================================================================

Now on a serious note, after very little game-play myself, the game is very/quite addicting and you should hopefully fall in love with it if you enjoy stealthy, tactical games etc.
The features on this game are pretty realistic such as the MRI kills, in which you can see the bullet rip through the enemies body and vital organs in real time, and sometimes you can get the funny shots like what I like to call the 'Nut-Shot' -- You can only guess... And occasionally but very rarely, a 'Double-All-In-One-Nut-Shot'... You probably guessed by now!

But yes, honestly not much to say on this game as I haven't really had much gameplay time myself except for it incorparates a lot of factors such as bullet-time, bullet drop, distractions, MRI, Slow Motion hold breath feature etc. to make the game much for fun for everyone.

I do hope however you found this review somewhat helpful to know that if you buy it, you're probably going to get addicted to it, and if you're buying it for someone else. Don't expect to see them for a while!

Many thanks for reading this more fun and silly review! :) :) ^.^ ^.^
~~Maffy :) :)

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant and Clear!, 27 Sept. 2012
I have been considering purchasing a Kindle for quite a while now as I gave up reading (or stopped should we say?) when I received a games console for Christmas a few years back.

Upon purchasing the Kindle, which was ordered on the Wednesday, not expected till Tuesday and came Friday. I myself am VERY, VERY >HAPPY< with the service.
I downloaded the Kindle app on my phone (which compared to a real Kindle isn't so good on the quality side of things) but I downloaded it and got some free books which after receiving the Kindle I could just download again from the Kindles already pre-made archive thanks to what I believe is called; 'Amazon Cloud' -- It basically stores everything you download on the Kindle so you can re-download them on other devices without having to pay again. (As long as you're using the same Amazon account)

Anyway, about the Kindle itself.

The design of it is sleek, and it feels lighter compared to the older, grey model (which another family member of mine owns), it's very easy on the eyes, even if you have issue(s) with your sight, you can alter the words per line. (Fewer, Few, Normal), the font, text size and screen orientation. I am honestly so in love with my Kindle as it makes reading effortless, I have already completed a book (A short one at that called; 'Bewitching the Werewolf') to which I had no problems with. I managed to use the 'Beta Browser' and update one of my social networking statuses. And when lying down in bed at night, I can hold it up and read without any effort. (I purchased a 'Leather Case Kindle Light' for about £3-4 -- Forefront Cases NEW KINDLE 4 Black Leather Case Cover with LED Night Reading Light For New Amazon Kindle 4 / Wi-Fi 6" / Latest Generation October 2011 / New Kindle 4 WiFi) as personally I can hold it in one hand and change the pages with the same hand, not that this is really important because... Well, because it isn't!

But you can find all of this out for yourself if (and when... (Mhu hahaha)) you decide to buy a Kindle!

Now onto the flaws!

**After Many seconds in which I'm going to exaggerate to be hours...**

There are... NONE! It's brilliant! And I honestly couldn't of asked for a better product! It's got me back into reading, because I guess that's just the way things are going now, the Human race has the need to rely on techonology!

((Mutters: Silly Humans! **Turns the Oven on Sindering the Earth**))

~~Maffy
(I'm not really an Alien, and I'll edit this review when I am more awake and alert... I'm noticing some silly red lines in here!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 27 Sept. 2012
So it may come as an obvious conclusion that I have recently purchased a Kindle and if not, now you know! :) :)

But as the title of this review says, this case in my opinion is absolute perfection for it's price!

The Kindle (Latest Version as I write this on the 27/09/2012) seems to slide right in and is held there nice and securely. I was a bit wary about whether my Kindle would be safe or not as the case doesn't have a lock mechanism (Button press or Lace) but a small magnetic rim around the edge of the case which is a lot stronger then it appears to feel upon first use.

Which protects my Kindle even when it's being knocked around in my bag and I suppose if I dropped it, it would still be protected! (Unfortunately I'm unable to comment as I'm not testing that out for you just in case!)
Which of course is what everybody wants right?

The light is stored on the back of the case and is held down via a Button press clip, and is just as secure as the Kindle is inside the case. When released, the light simply folds over the top of the case in which you then use a small (But yet again, well designed and sturdy catch) to secure it while reading.
You then switch on the light and your Kindle is effortlessly lit up so you can read in the dark. (The Batteries are the small round; 'Lithium C2032 3V' batteries. Which are obtainable from most shops and are no more then a few quid if that! (At least in my area)

Now for the interior of the case, as mentioned before, the Kindle slides right in with a bit of a push and as so is very secure. The interior 'window' if you like has three groves in it, two on either side (For navigation buttons) and one on the bottom (For the other buttons, power and charging port) adding even more security and ease to your reading.

Now, on a bit of a personal note, I can hold this case containing my Kindle with one hand and still use the Navigation buttons to flick between pages (Can I even say flick now it's all technological? :P :P) and I don't really have the biggest of hands from the bottom to the top of my middle finger is about the same size as a small 'fruit shoot' bottle. So not very big at all! (Sorry, I didn't have a ruler on hand!)

But yes! All in all, it's a great, secure, fun and easy to use product, that will maximize your reading experience and keep your Kindle, safe, protected and secure! (In the case, I wouldn't recommend leaving your Kindle in plain sight, on the bus or other means of public transport etc.)

If you don't believe me, maybe you should just purchase one and write your own review? **Insert Evil Demonic Laugh**

But on a serious less 'demonic' note, I would most certainly recommend this amazing product too ALL and ANY Kindle owners I know.

5/5 for this great product!

It's cheap, It's well manufactured, I haven't had any problems with it yet!

I hope this review has helped to influence you on whether you will make a purchase or not. Thank you for reading and I'm happy if I helped you with your decision in anyway possible/at all!

~~Maffy

New (Unisex Mens Ladies) Gold Aviator Sunglasses Black Lense with Cloth case UV400
Offered by Beautifeye

5.0 out of 5 stars They do what they say!, 25 Sept. 2012
I love my Sunglasses, I have two pairs and I'm never without them! (They go with the hat and leather Jacket you see?)
Well anyone, even though these are pretty cheap, they do exactly what they say, and are more sturdy (at least the pair I got) then some other reviews are saying! So yes, they keep the sun out, keep your eyes protected! (So you can peel onions? And... They look super cool and still suit even when it's raining... If you just want to be different?)

But yes, a bit more detail, with them being such wide lenses, they cover more of the eye, therefore even with the UV400 they offer MORE protection the most of the Sunglasses I have come across before, and even with today's modern and advancing technological Sciences, the eyes are so unique they are un-repairable, so why take the risk?

I would recommend you purchase these Sunglasses so you can see what I am trying to explain for yourself, and I promise you, you WON'T regret it! (But just in case... Have a Cookie **Gives Cookie** and we'll say no more on the matter!)

So yes!

5/5 Stars! And would recommend (Because I just did!):) :)

~~Maffy

Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens Book 1)
Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!, 25 Sept. 2012
I couldn't stop reading this book! It was the first book I downloaded on my Kindle and it made me smile more then any book I can remember!

Really interesting, and I believe their is a follow up which I will surely be getting when I can!

A great writer, with a great imagination, who wrote a great book, who made a... Nice? Guy laugh and smile! (At about 2am!)

Would really recommend... And in actual fact, I did recommend it to someone else who owns a Kindle! :) :)

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant and Clear!, 24 Sept. 2012

Anyway, about the Kindle itself.

Now onto the flaws!

**After Many seconds in which I'm going to exaggerate to be hours...**

((Mutters: Silly Humans! **Turns the Oven on Sindering the Earth**))

Personalised Daddy Cool Mug - Great Birthday Gift
Personalised Daddy Cool Mug - Great Birthday Gift
Offered by Gift Cookie

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Just A Cup!, 23 Jun. 2012
Even though the wording; 'Daddy Cool' has to stay on the cup, the other side where your own personal message can go is a whole other story! -- Because after you've personlised it, it becomes 'More Than Just A Cup!' it becomes your daddys own cup! (Which, I suppose is the goal here?!?!)

But yes, it's very nice indeed! And as long as you abide by the word limit, You should have no problems and be very happy with the product.

It was fast delivery coming just 1-2 days after I ordered it, and had some very nice packaging in which you can seal the cup in if ever you are moving house etc.

I would recommend you buy this product because as simple as it is, the personalisation makes it so much more and very awesome indeed! =)

Page: 1 | 2