Profile for N. Parker > Reviews

Content by N. Parker

N. Parker (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Derwent Academy Colour Pencils Tin Blendable Colouring Pencils (Set of 12)
Derwent Academy Colour Pencils Tin Blendable Colouring Pencils (Set of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for school, 9 April 2014
My son wanted some new pencils for school and these were a great choice. He takes more care with things now (well some - he is just 13!), and so was able to appreciate these are better quality. He tells me they do the job very well.

Crystal Clear and Chrome 2-Tier Half Moon Side End Coffee Table
Crystal Clear and Chrome 2-Tier Half Moon Side End Coffee Table
Offered by LUXURY EXPRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought another!, 9 April 2014
These are fabulous little tables. Don't be put off by the price - they are well made and just the thing for tiny spaces. They look lovely in my newly decorated conservatory.

Stainless Steel Double Walled Wine Cooler 1.6ltr | bar@drinkstuff Wine Chiller, Wine Bucket, Champagne Cooler
Offered by Thomco Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 9 April 2014
Really pleased to find this wine cooler. So much nicer looking than the clear plastic one I had before - just the thing for my new dining room! Thank you for great service.

Tefal Ingenio L3209402 Cookware Set of 5 Pieces Induction-SafeAluminium Black
Tefal Ingenio L3209402 Cookware Set of 5 Pieces Induction-SafeAluminium Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cookware for induction, 27 Jan. 2014
This Tefal range is fantastic. Very good quality, robust and efficient. It heats up quickly and evenly and produces great results.

It is easy to wash up, and seems equally at home in the dishwasher - which is great news!

I'm very impressed with this range, and even better, it stores really easily too.

Be sure to check you have chosen the right products if you have an induction hob, as Tefal do two Ingenio ranges, and one is not suitable for induction.

Enjoy!

Levv 2-Tier Glass Square Shelving Unit, Clear
Levv 2-Tier Glass Square Shelving Unit, Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab value - great table, 27 Jan. 2014
I'm really impressed with this little table. It came very well packaged, including a spare bolt, was a breeze to put together and is very nice.

I think it is excellent value for money, and better quality and service, than I have received from a furniture company that is significantly more expensive.

If you are looking for a light weight, good quality table, I would be very happy to recommend this one.

Free Fall: A Prelude to Hidden Order (Scot Harvath)
Free Fall: A Prelude to Hidden Order (Scot Harvath)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pacy and exciting - didn't disappoint, 16 Aug. 2013
This was a fantastic taster for Hidden Order. Definitely up to Brad Thor's usual standard. Very exciting and well paced, I think I am a little in love with Scot Harvath!

If you like action thrillers then the Brad Thor novels are just the ticket, and this short story is a great way for you to try him out. I heartily recommend all the Scot Harvath stories.

VIP
VIP

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: VIP (Kindle Edition)
Having read Diva and really enjoyed it I downloaded two more Carrie Duffy books on my Kindle. I didn't realise that VIP was a "prequel" to Diva and I felt really cheated - it repeated quite a bit of the Diva story, and if you have read Diva I wouldn't recommend it.

However, if you love chick lit, I would recommend Diva! So get that one instead, is my suggestion...

Hozelock 40 m Wall-Mounted Fast Reel
Hozelock 40 m Wall-Mounted Fast Reel

4.0 out of 5 stars Certainly less back breaking!, 10 July 2010
This Hozelock fastreel certainly reduces the back breaking task of winding the hose up at the end of watering. I used to have a reel on the floor and it was always getting caught up and I got filthy!

This is so much better and although others feel that you get your exercise when winding it up I don't find it an issue at all.

However, what I do find more of a challenge is getting the hose out to the required length in the first place! This does require quite a lot of exertion and isn't easy. Defintely remember to disconnect from the tap before doing this, which makes it a bit easier. I also recommend taking the connection off the watering end whilst pulling it out and winding it back up to save it banging along the ground and potentially getting damaged.

Overall though very pleased with this and would definitely recommend.

Angel of Death
Angel of Death
by Jack Higgins

5.0 out of 5 stars Higgins does it again!, 30 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Angel of Death (Paperback)
What can I say? Yet again, Jack Higgins manages to deliver a great plot and make his hero Sean Dillon even more liked. Despite not being particularly tall and with a less than savoury past Dillon manages to be a rather fanciable Bond type! Well worth a read.

The Ultimate Guide to Electronic Marketing for Small Business: Low-Cost/High Return Tools and Techniques That Really Work
by Tom Antion

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Jan. 2008
After reading the other reviews I bought this book but I have been very disappointed. It is very American - all the references are to American based websites and some of the marketing techniques and phrases used are just not transferrable to the UK.

I thought I was going to learn about writing great website copy but there is little about that. I also wanted to learn more about pay per click but I was disappointed with the lack of content and the US bias on this too.

If you want to market your company website globally then I guess there is a lot of very useful information but if you are a service based company operating in the UK, then I feel this book is of limited value. However, if you can look past the US references then it could be helpful.

Page: 1 | 2