Profile for lowbourne > Reviews

Thermos Stainless Steel Curved Food Flask with Spoon, 400 ml
Thermos Stainless Steel Curved Food Flask with Spoon, 400 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 28 April 2016
Waste of money.
Too hot to touch when I pre-heated & contents were tepid after less than an hour.Expected better from Thermos. Instructions weird too, mentioned a 'glass liner'....I thought it was stainless steel! I have tried it a few more times,same results every time. (I did remember to wear oven-gloves when handling!)
Only good point was it was easy to clean.

Premium Heavy Duty Automatic Electric Pencil Sharpener, 3 Ways To Power: Mains, Battery & USB Cable To PC, Perfect For Home, Office & School, Sharpens Pencil At Perfect Point, Compact & Reliable by SunrisePro
Offered by JJL Trust

5.0 out of 5 stars Your New Electric Pencil Sharpener By SunrisePro Yes very good sharpener. I have had a manual sharpener with ..., 21 Mar. 2016
Subject: Re: Your New Electric Pencil Sharpener By SunrisePro

Yes very good sharpener. I have had a manual sharpener with similar spiral cutter for over 30 years, if this last as long well done.

One minor point at first I found it very hard to remove waste container for emptying thinking you had to squeeze sides by notch which is very difficult, however after a few attempts I found holding waste container or the ends removal is very easy.

perhaps you could add this into operating info.

Regards Geoff Ayre
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2016 1:33 AM GMT

Joseph Joseph Elevate Pallette Knife
Joseph Joseph Elevate Pallette Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 17 Dec. 2013
Bought this for removing cakes and cheese-cakes from non-stick cake tins, also spreading fillings and toppings. It does both jobs perfectly, good size and rigid enough for spreading but supple to ease cakes from tins. Another great product from the Josephjoseph range.

The Late Scholar (Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane series Book 4)
The Late Scholar (Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane series Book 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 17 Dec. 2013
Pre-ordered this book, really looked forward to it arriving,even switched on my kindle in the early hours of the morning to receive it. (sad!!) SO disappointed,all the old sparkle had gone,so many errors,too many bodies, wandering plot. Wish I'd never ordered it.

The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks
The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks
by Audrey Deane

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, 2 Dec. 2013
At last! A slow cooker book sub-divided into sensible recipes that allow you to throw everything in and leave for the day and recipes which need a bit of preparation. This is the most useful slow cooker book I've had in 45 years of owning a slow cooker.

Zyliss Easy Twist Apple Corer - Green
Zyliss Easy Twist Apple Corer - Green
Offered by Direct To Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 6 Oct. 2012
I bought this as I was fed up with cutting my fingers trying to push out the cores from my old apple corer.The handle is shaped to make it easy to push into even really hard fruit(all the others I have tried had straight handles) and I find it works very efficiently on both eating and cooking apples.It is easy to clean. Such a simple idea that really works! I would certainly recommend it.

Joseph Joseph Rocker Garlic Crusher - Silver
Joseph Joseph Rocker Garlic Crusher - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Yet, 4 Oct. 2012
I love this,it's far better than anything I've used before.I never got on with garlic crushers,they always squirted out of the top! I have no problem with either the size of the pieces or the holes clogging,I simply press the Rocker down on a piece of onion,carrot or whatever other vegetable I'm using and the final pieces pop out quite happily!