Profile for H Crossley > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Size 5 Skechers Women's Go Walk 2 Super Sock Textile Loafers
Size 5 Skechers Women's Go Walk 2 Super Sock Textile Loafers

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, 27 Aug 2014
Light, comfortable, stylish - want another pair now!

Ex-Pro [PACK 3] Travel Adapter Converts UK Plugs Plug to 2 pin (Round) Converts - EU Europe European UK To EU, France, Germany, Spain, Schuko Europe 2 Pin [WHITE]
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good value, 26 April 2014
Good quality, robust adapters that do the job perfectly - and a neat little storage bag to boot. Good value.

Artful art and breathless brainwaves
Artful art and breathless brainwaves
by Hubert Leslie
Edition: Unknown Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars The incomparable Mr. Hubert Leslie..., 26 April 2014
An entertaining account of his very many visits to schools around the country where he deftly demonstrated his superlative silhouette skills and amazing alliterative improvisations.

Experience Curating: How to Gain Focus, Increase Influence, and Simplify Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall in love with spreadsheets!!, 20 Mar 2014
I thought curating was what happened in museums and galleries until I came across Mr. Zaslofsky. Then I realised it was something I was already doing, every single day - though admittedly my own methods have sometimes been pretty haphazard. If you've ever kept a diary, used Evernote, joined Ancestry.com or just created lists of stuff then you are a curator too - of experiences and information - and will no doubt find this book interesting and useful too. Experience Curating not only nails exactly what modern curating is all about and how it benefits everyone, it's also the how-to manual that takes the reader from novice to ninja level in easy, readable steps with tons of resources and inspiration chucked in along the way. The benefits of investing time in creating a 'smart and simple' system become obvious with potential paybacks not only in time and money saved elsewhere but also in the pleasure of being able to have at your fingertips material which could make a positive difference to other people's lives.

I wish this book had been available years ago. As an avid collector of recipes ripped out of magazines, I spent days at a time creating a complex database of them - only to lose the lot when the software became redundant and I had no means of exporting it all. When Joel talks about future-proofing, I know exactly what he means.

Whilst I probably won't be ditching my written diary just yet (despite the complete lack of search facility...), I will be creating super new spreadsheets telling me, amongst other things, where stuff is hiding in the home, what my stand-out holiday experiences were and finally those recipes... I don't need to convert my OH to the joys of curating however - he already has a multitude of spreadsheets including one devoted to the entire contents of the freezer. No more bags of wierd looking stuff frozen to the back of a freezer drawer for us anymore! Ok it may start to sound geeky but it does work.

Experience Curating is an easy read, it's really well laid out and Joel is honest, engaging and funny. I think it's great value. In fact the only possible gripe I have is that I don't think the cover image does the book justice.

A Technique for Producing Ideas (McGraw-Hill Advertising Classic)
A Technique for Producing Ideas (McGraw-Hill Advertising Classic)
by James Young

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dated now, 26 Feb 2014
As others have said, it's a very quick read, more of an essay and really should cost a lot less than the price of a magazine.

The Practicing Mind: Bringing Discipline and Focus Into Your Life
The Practicing Mind: Bringing Discipline and Focus Into Your Life
by Thomas M. Sterner

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the cover..., 26 Feb 2014
This little book provides some interesting and valuable insights into how to learn anything. And despite the title and cover design of the book, it is in fact, quite practical in its approach. Recommended.

Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Offered by Woodhaven Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars No competition, 26 Feb 2014
I have tried to work without these trackballs but I always seem to have problems with mousepads. Using this I can work more quickly, for longer and, most importantly, I don't get wrist or shoulder pains. They cost more than most mice but for me they are definitely worth it. The only possible issue is how long they last - my last couple died after only two years. However, I did notice on the packaging this time, that they are guaranteed for 3 years.

MoKo Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Note 10.1 Inch 2014 Edition Tablet, BLUE (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep)
Offered by BSCstore EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 26 Feb 2014
My first tablet and loving it. The graphics package in combination with the S-pen is really what sold it to me but it's not just the creative possibilities - the S-pen does so much more. The screen is bright and clear and it's possible to have multiple windows open at any one time. Have hardly scratched the surface but so far so good. The only downside I can see is the naff casing but now I've got a cover it's hidden away :-)

De'Longhi Icona ECO310.BK Pump Espresso Machine, Onyx Black
De'Longhi Icona ECO310.BK Pump Espresso Machine, Onyx Black
Offered by DB Technology srl

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, works well, arrived very quickly, 26 Feb 2014
Great service from Shockbuy and the machine arrived within days. It looks good on the worktop, feels pretty sturdy and produces coffee with a good crema.

Leuchtturm 90 x 150mm Weekly Planner/ Notebook Pocket 2013 including Extra Booklet for Anniversaries/ Addresses - Turquoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little diary, 24 Dec 2012
Format is weekdays on left hand page and ruled notepage on the right
Small enough to carry in most handbags
Fabulous colour with neat matching elastic & bookmark
It comes complete with a handy pocket inside the back cover plus a pull-out address book
There are a few blank pages at the back for essential notes
Calendars, a year planner, international holidays & project planners are at the front

My only criticism is that Sat & Sun share a line, leaving very little space to write. In this day & age the idea that not much happens at the weekend seems very antiquated.

Page: 1 | 2