Profile for J. Collett > Reviews

The Gluten-free Cookbook for Kids
The Gluten-free Cookbook for Kids
by Adriana Rabinovich

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy Item!, 9 Nov. 2009
This is a cookbook I came across through the recommendation of a friend who is a really good cook and so I was excited about trying out some of the recipes, and it has not disapointed. Originally I was particularly keen to find out how to cook without wheat for my husband, who avoids it, and also for a family friend who has coeliac decease. I certainly understand much more about what being gluten-free means, and yet, in addition, this little book has become a friend in the kitchen, and I use it almost every day. It's got some really great family recipes: The Cornbread recipe is simple to make, and once made it's made it can be used in so many different ways. My kids adore it. And try the "Hugs and Kisses" - delicious little almond meringues that melt in your mouth. And I find myself turning to the pages on light snacks to give my daughters some good, healthy and easy to prepare snacks to take with them when they go out to play sports. Ms Rabinovich clearly has an affinity with food, and her recipes are appealing and easy to follow. I highly recommend this to anyone who is searching for family recipes, even if you have a child who can eat gluten!