Profile for Patrick Watts > Reviews

Content by Patrick Watts

Patrick Watts "Mathis fan" (Sydney, Australia)

After Earth [Blu-ray] [2013]
After Earth [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Price: 8.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted Money, 19 May 2014
Unfortunately I paid to see this at the cinema. The one star is for the end credits, by far the best part of the film.

A Swingin' Touch
A Swingin' Touch
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Vocalist, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Swingin' Touch (Audio CD)
A fantastic voice and great choice of songs. It is a pity that he is virtually unknown. Had this on vinyl and to find it on CD was fantastic. Recommended for anyone who likes Sinatra, Bennett and similar vocalists.

Scott & Bailey - Series 3 [DVD]
Scott & Bailey - Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Suranne Jones
Price: 6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be missed, 29 July 2013
This third series is just brilliant. The format is different from previous series. I thought I had missed something when the action at the opening of episode one is not resolved until episode eight. Acting is of a high standard but I must single out Nicola Walker, an award winning performance as far as I am concerned. Hope there will be a season four.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2014 10:08 PM BST

DCI Banks [DVD]
DCI Banks [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Tompkinson
Price: 7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars A Dissapointment, 26 May 2013
This review is from: DCI Banks [DVD] (DVD)
They should have been filmed in the order of the books to allow for character development and relationships. Peter Tompkinson not the right person for the role or perhaps it is because his character is quite different in the books. Watched a couple of episodes on TV, but will not bother with any more.

The Many-Coloured Land: Saga of the Exiles: Book One (Saga of the Exiles 1)
The Many-Coloured Land: Saga of the Exiles: Book One (Saga of the Exiles 1)
by Julian May
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 7 Feb 2013
I read the Saga of the Exiles when the books were first published back in the eighties and thought it was a fantastic series and have always hoped it would be republished, and here it is. Have started the first book and will start on the second one as soon as I have finished it. It is great that they have republished all four books at the same time. I remember waiting for the next book in the series back then, but at least they were released at reasonable intervals and not four or five years apart like some of the series today. I won't mention any names as I am sure we all know who I am referring to. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Frank Sinatra: Sinatra And Friends [DVD] [2010]
Frank Sinatra: Sinatra And Friends [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Frank Sinatra
Price: 14.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Nov 2012
I had this on video cassette and it was just about worn out so seeing it on DVD was a dream come true. The whole show is great, but for me the highlight is Leslie Uggams. I play her solo number and duet with Frank at least once a week. It is a great pity that she didn't make more recordings. A very underestimated artist.

I Remember Tommy
I Remember Tommy
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Overlooked, 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: I Remember Tommy (Audio CD)
For some reason this seems to be considered one of his lesser albums and I can't understand why. These days I seem to be playing it more than some of his well regarded albums. It contains my favourite all time Sinatra track "Without a Song" so that may be the reason.

Page Eight [DVD]
Page Eight [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Nighy
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Drama, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Page Eight [DVD] (DVD)
No car chases and no violent deaths, but a plot that unfolds at a steady pace that keeps you guessing right until the closing scene. On top of that a first class cast. What more can one ask for. Highly recommended.

Sleepers [DVD] [1991] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Sleepers [DVD] [1991] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Nigel Havers

5.0 out of 5 stars Released in Australia at last, 29 Jun 2012
Remember seeing this back in the 90's and recently found it has been released here in Australia. I couldn't wait to watch it again and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Very highly recommended.

Tales Of The City - Series 1 [DVD]
Tales Of The City - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olympia Dukakis
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing Scenes, 9 Jun 2011
Did Andrew N7 bother to watch episode 2 on disc one? All the scenes he says are missing are in this episode, so take no notice of his review. Have just watched this for the first time since it originally went to air and enjoyed it as much, if not more. For anyone who has just caught up with the books I can recommend this DVD, and the two that followed. It is a pity that they didn't do all six books of the series.