Profile for Gill > Reviews

Content by Gill

Gill

Brass Ring
Brass Ring

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Diane Chamberlaine and usually read her books in a ..., 3 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Brass Ring (Kindle Edition)
I love Diane Chamberlaine and usually read her books in a single sitting! (Nothing else gets done that day!) this was no exception. She creates characters that you want to believe in and want to win.

10T Foldy Trolley - foldable handcart, 50 kg lifting capacity
10T Foldy Trolley - foldable handcart, 50 kg lifting capacity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Oct. 2015
This arrived in perfect time for a major camping trip to a music festival. It was fantastic - sturdy and easy to pull - even through a muddy field.

The Mentor
The Mentor

3.0 out of 5 stars a vaguely irritating read, 8 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Mentor (Kindle Edition)
This was an undemanding murder mystery story, which I quite enjoyed reading on the train when I had nothing else to do, but wouldn't have stayed awake to finish.
I was irritated by the cultural mismatches - I kept being surprised that it was set in London because it sounded too American (there were certainly too many armed police around!). I assume some of the mistakes were due to translation errors and had to keep reminding myself that it was a translation.
Since I read it for free, I can't really complain. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it.

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky!, 13 Feb. 2015
I read this on the recommendation of a friend of a friend on FaceBook and immediately bought the next book in the series. It's funny and quirky with some seriously dark undercurrents and clever "asides" and comments. Very creative writing!

A Dying Fall: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 5
A Dying Fall: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 5

5.0 out of 5 stars A post-Christmas treat, 4 Jan. 2014
I really enjoy reading about Ruth Galloway and so this was a lovely treat for my post-Christmas slob-out! It's just a good story with some great characters and one or two unexpected twists.

The Doomsday Prophecy (Ben Hope, Book 3)
The Doomsday Prophecy (Ben Hope, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Ben Hope, 4 Jan. 2013
I love all the Ben Hope novels - good adventure stories with page-turning plots. All unbelievable, of course, but - hey, that's what makes them so much fun!

Silver (Ogmios Novels Book 1)
Silver (Ogmios Novels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave me like this!, 30 Jun. 2011
I really enjoyed this but didn't have any idea it would end as it did!! Roll on Gold! I will certaily buy it.
I enjoyed all the spy stuff - even the unbelievable computer-geek stuff that Lethe gets into. There were some really nice moments as well quite a few scary bits.

A good read! It didn't get 5 because I wanted to go straight on to the next book and it's not available yet!

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Kindle, 2 Nov. 2010
I put off getting an eReader for ages because I simply couldn't see that it could be as good as reading from a page and I hate reading from a screen.

I love my Kindle. It feels just like reading a printed page and I often send PDFs from my computer to it so I can read them in comfort.

Now I can't wait for my holidays and the chance to read loads of books without the added weight to my luggage.