Profile for nicola scott > Reviews

nicola scott (UK)

Tibo Audio TI-100 AMP Intergrated Amplifier
Tibo Audio TI-100 AMP Intergrated Amplifier

1.0 out of 5 stars Tibo amp 100 amplifier, 19 July 2012
The Tibo amp 100 looks quite slick and stylish and the sound quality isn't too bad for a £60 amp. However when I turn it on the amp makes a loud buzzing noise, the noise comes from the inside of the amp and not the speakers, also the lcd display doesn't show the correct numbers i.e. instead of a 2 it shows a 6 and it keeps turning on the loudness, although this doesn't make too much of a difference.
The remote is very cheap and plastic looking and the buttons are quite small, this isn't too much of a problem, however, if you are an older person with arthritis in your fingers it might prove awkward to use. But it is only a £60 amp.

Having googled other reviews on this amp it appears to have some major reliability issues. I wouldn't recommend this amp to anyone.

I'm returning mine back to the shop I bought it from.

Europe's High Points: Reaching the Summit of Every Country in Europe
Europe's High Points: Reaching the Summit of Every Country in Europe
by Carl McKeating

5.0 out of 5 stars Peak-bagging across the continent, 3 Nov. 2009
I got this because I love the idea of a European peak-bagging list. I've already climbed all the Wainwrights so this might be my next project!!
It is like a coffee-table book and a field guide rolled into one - it's good to flick through and has plenty of colour photos but is still a good size to take on walks. It has tons of info, routes and maps for getting to the high points of each country in Europe, though they are very varied - some are quite serious ascents like Mont Blanc and others are really easy short walks.
Having been up a few of the peaks in the book already, the route descriptions seem accurate to me, and oddly for a guide, it's a pretty good read because it's written in a quirky style.
My only criticisms would be that the maps lack details such as contours and it would have been better to have OS maps or European equivalents. Also, I'm sure they could have managed a photo of Ben Nevis's summit on a sunny day...
but then again, maybe not!

The book describes itself as a Eurovision for mountains, so to continue the cheesy theme I'm giving it ten points!