5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Excellent, flexible and challenging, 15 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had been doing Wii Fit for 3 months and felt I needed a change and more of a challenge. I had read that this program was challenging so gave it a go. I put mysef down as someone who had done Yoga before. I went straight in and tried a full class - woosh - it flattened me... I nearly gave up as I thought there were some moves I NEVER would be able to do.
However I built up via Quick and Custom Classes and before too long I had gone up a level. Flattened again... Quick & Custom Classes, then full classes - then got better, next level etc etc...
Things I like
1. The trainers (UK English version) aren't too full-on enthusiastic - encouraging but not irritating. they also programmed enough variations for "you're doing well" etc - it's still repetative but there's enough variety to not drive you nuts unlike the wii-fit trainer.
2. I also like how each trainer does the excersizes slightly differently and explains them differently - sometimes you like a change.
3. Location backgrounds - I thought these were a gimmick to start with but I found when holding a tough position thatI could focus on a wave or way a tree branch moved in the background and I got thru it better.
4. Nice to be able to edit the levels of music, voice and environment sound effects - I lost the music and had a better time.
5. the various percentages and medals and incremental levels did motivate me - maybe coz I'm a nerdy guy. I've stuck with it about every other day for 3 months so somethings going right.
6. The meditation sections (a meditation is optional at the end of a class) - tho quite brief instructionwise - (they talk for a bit then you're on your own for 5 or 10mins)were more benificial than I expected.
7. I like how it has remained challenging. I also like the flexibility with the custom classes - sometimes I don't have much time and I can keep a very quick custom class saved. Plus when I've got to the end of one goal I can choose another.
Could be better - very minor things really
1. I understood the percentage awarded for a move - and that over 90% overall gets you a gold medal. But stars awarded seemed a bit arbritory - They just seemed to gather up meaninglessly in your progress window.
2. some indication of how long a class (quick and full class) lasted up front would've been nice. One got a handle on it after a while but whenstarting out knowing a class would be jst 30mins, or that when I got to an advanced class it would be about an hour would've been helpful.
3. Maybe a graph of progress - tracking stars or percentages or weight over time would've been nice. I still go back to wii fit to keep my weight graph going ... Helps keep little upturns in perspective.
4. No option to bypass getting weighed at start of program. What if I just wanted to do a quick meditation - I;d have to get the wii board out to get weighed to strat the program. Maybe I missed a way to bypass it but I haven;t seen it yet.
5. Maybe they could've added more varitions to the standard class - can get a bit samey til you hit a new level.
Overall a great program - certainly helped with weight, flexibility, energy and definitely has improved my mood generally.