Profile for Frimodig Matti A > Reviews

Content by Frimodig Matti A

Frimodig Matti A

Batman: Arkham City - Catwoman - Steel Book Edition (PS3)
Batman: Arkham City - Catwoman - Steel Book Edition (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Game of the year, 13 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
A lot of good games came out in 2012 and as different Game of the Year polls come through they tend to be dominated by Skryrim. But while I too have given more of my time to Skyrim because of it's scope I personally found Arkham City to be the superior game. Why? I'm glad you asked.

While the main story of Arkham City is a little short (only took me a couple of evenings) and the play area reasonably limited the sheer fun just moving around and exploring hasn't been matched by any game I've played lately. Combine this with the fluid combat mechanics that make fighting the random nameles thughs pretty fun and the varied boss fights and there simply isn't a dull moment in the game.

The graphics, design and voice acting are all great and really work together to really set the tone to that is somewhere between "cartoon Batman" and the darker "comic book Batman". This game really is a masterclass in how to utilize a license. Tons of little details and references that will be familiar with Batman fans.

Simply put if you only have limited time to play Arkham City gives you the most fun for your time investment!