Profile for Victoria Jacobs > Reviews

Content by Victoria Jacobs

Victoria Jacobs

The Future Falls: An Enchantment Emporium Novel (Enchantment Emporium 3)
The Future Falls: An Enchantment Emporium Novel (Enchantment Emporium 3)
by Tanya Huff

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope it's not the last!, 28 Jan. 2015
Love these stories so much! Read them and spend the whole time pretending I'm a Gale Girl. I do hope this isn't the last in this series.

Dog Eat Dog World: Bottom Bitch
Dog Eat Dog World: Bottom Bitch

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book but disappointing cliff hander, 4 May 2014
I was incredibly excited to find this book as I wanted to read something with this kind of puppy play. It didn't disappoint. I thought it was well written, hot, exciting and true to the kink. However, then I got to the end and found that it stopped abruptly followed by the words "To be continued.." I don't mind a real cliff hanger but you can't just cut your book in two and pretend it's not just one book. It left me really annoyed and spoiled the book for me. I would happily have paid more for one book and got the whole story but I'm certainly not going to by the second one now I feel I was tricked into it.

When I Was Your Man
When I Was Your Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version, 4 May 2014
This review is from: When I Was Your Man (MP3 Download)
I love this version of this song. It's my favourite performance form the whole series. I would recommend it to anyone who likes country music.

Suits - Season 2 [DVD] [2012]
Suits - Season 2 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Patrick J Adams

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 May 2014
Having absolutely loved the first series of Suits I found that this one was a let down. The makers seemed to have misunderstood what it was the audience loved about it in the first place. Now all there is, is angst, fallouts and Harvey being unreasonable and ridiculous. Bring back the days of fun banter, Harvey saving the day like Super man and their wonderful bromance.

Community - Season 4 [DVD]
Community - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joel McHale

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Community!, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Community - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I love Community so much. I think it is a show different from any others out there. Just like Friends and Modern Family, there are no characters that aren't funny and/or endearing and I hope that it continues for a long time!

The Butler [DVD] [2013]
The Butler [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Forest Whitaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving, 4 May 2014
This review is from: The Butler [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Very moving film that shows the civil rights movement through two characters
I think that anyone who is interested in the history of civil rights in America should watch this.
Very well acted - perhaps a little slow for people who want all action and aren't interested in politics but I really enjoyed watching the star studded cast showing The White House across the Administrations.

Draper 75552 5-Piece Soft-Grip Household Scissors Set
Draper 75552 5-Piece Soft-Grip Household Scissors Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked well, 4 May 2014
I bought these to use when I was making a patchwork quilt and they worked really well. Very good value for money.

The Dragon's Daughter
The Dragon's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved, 4 May 2014
I thought this was so wonderful - I have listened to it over and over again.
What a clever thing to be able to do to such a high standard.
I really felt it represented the show really well.

Alfie Jones and a Change of Fortune
Alfie Jones and a Change of Fortune

5.0 out of 5 stars Speaking as a teacher - boys love it, 15 Aug. 2013
We were lucky enough at my school to have David in to speak to the children and as a result many of them bought his book. We have a lot of boys in Year 5 and 6 who are disinterested in reading, they think it is for girls or for younger children. They all really enjoyed reading Alfie Jones and for some it was the first chapter book that interested them enough to persevere with. I would recommend this for anyone trying to get their boys interested in reading.

Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert)
Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving!, 8 July 2013
I found this song incredibly moving - I listened to it with tears running down my cheeks. I think it is a very important issue and the words sum up exactly how I feel about it.