Profile for Gilly > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Girl Behind the Painted Smile: My battle with the bottle
The Girl Behind the Painted Smile: My battle with the bottle

4.0 out of 5 stars At times bleak and depressing, 13 Dec. 2015
But brutally honest. I really enjoyed Catherine's autobiography (if enjoyed is the right word to use) her decent into alcoholism was a painful journey and throughout I felt like tracking her vile abusive ex husbands down. Looking forward to her next book.

Davina - Ultimate Target (New for 2012) [DVD]
Davina - Ultimate Target (New for 2012) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

3.0 out of 5 stars I have no doubt that this will get results but...., 25 Jun. 2013
there is just far too much jumping about. The fat buster workout is good if you don't have any problems i.e. bad knees or for women (if you have had a couple of children don't go there -those who suffer know what I mean). If you are ovverweight and looking to shed pounds and get fit don't use this. It's best to wait until you have shed a few pounds as all the jumping about can't do you any good and possibily cause damage. After that it would be fine, but start with a different tape until you are lightter and a little fitter.

Sophie Scholl - The Final Days (Special 2 disc Edition) [2005] [DVD]
Sophie Scholl - The Final Days (Special 2 disc Edition) [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Jentsch

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting......., 13 Aug. 2012
There must be millions of stories that can be taken from the atrocities of world war II, this is certainly one of them that should have been told. Some of the characters are despicable and you wonder how these people lived with themselves after their defeat, and I'm not just talking about the officials policemen, judges etc but in this case the janitor of the college who exposed these young people for distributing leaflets throughout the college.

City of God [DVD]
City of God [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alexandre Rodrigues
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic....this will go down as one of my all time favourites...., 5 Aug. 2012
This review is from: City of God [DVD] (DVD)
this kept me glued to the screen the whole way through and will be one of those films that I will watch over and over again. The film is violent but not over the top (its not graphic i.e. guts spilling out)but depicts life in the slums of Rio de Janeiro and details the true story of one mans escape from this life. It flits back in time and tells the individual stories of a group of men and how eventually they all came into conflict with each other and how this became the source of source of escape. The style is a la Guy Ritchie, it's a real gem of a story and finishes off by telling you what happened to everyone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 1:28 AM GMT

Bottom Live & Bottom Live: The Big Number 2 [DVD]
Bottom Live & Bottom Live: The Big Number 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adrian Edmonson

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the series you'll love this., 15 Jan. 2012
There isn't much that I can say about this other than it's pure Rik Mayall and Ade Edmundson and its excellent

Dead Sea Spa Magik Rich Moisturiser 75ml/2.5oz
Dead Sea Spa Magik Rich Moisturiser 75ml/2.5oz

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't state in the advert that is a hand moisturiser......, 15 Jan. 2012
which is really annoying because I wanted a facial moisturiser and one automatically assumes, when it states moisturiser that they mean for the face. Hand moisturiser normally calls itself 'hand cream'. However, I opened the tube before I realised this and now have to keep it. Thanks for wasting my money.....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 5:48 PM GMT

Black Swan Green
Black Swan Green
by David Mitchell

4.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to those long lost years of my youth...., 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Black Swan Green (Paperback)
leaving me feeling sad and sick with longing for the past. Loved the book, a little surreal at times but could identify with the main character. Won't go into detail about what happens, but would say that Mitchell's writing in this book reminds me of Sue Townsend.

The Borgias - Season 1 [DVD]
The Borgias - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irons

3.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't grab me at all....., 24 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Borgias - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I can forgive the fact over fiction (hence the reason I perhaps enjoyed The Tudors) but I just couldn't get into this series. Maybe I was expecting too much, I can't really put my finger on the reason I disliked this so much. Jeremy Irons, rather than enhance the production,seemed to bring it down. Sorry maybe the next season will be better, although whether or not I would watch the next season is another matter

Wedlock: How Georgian Britain's Worst Husband Met His Match
Wedlock: How Georgian Britain's Worst Husband Met His Match
by Wendy Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put down.........., 5 Dec. 2011
In the hands of the right director this historical account of the terrible Marriage of Mary Eleanor Bowes would make a fantastic film, (NB any potential directors please do not use american actors, this is a part of British social history and therefore would be ruined by the incorrect accent). Took just a couple of days to read the book, found it fascinating, have come across a lot of the researched material before whilst studying feminist perspectives, but no less a good read.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best vegetarian cook book ever............, 30 Nov. 2011
ever ....ever written, and I'm not a vegetarian but with food like this who needs meat. I have done loads of the receipes in this book and have just been blown away. Just truly delicious dishes for any occasion. I am considering giving up the meat completely now. Thank you Hugh

Page: 1 | 2 | 3