Profile for Momo > Reviews

Content by Momo

Momo

The Vegetarian Student Cookbook (Hamlyn Cookery)
The Vegetarian Student Cookbook (Hamlyn Cookery)
by Hamlyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic book, 7 April 2013
Won't set the culinary world on fire, but a good starting point for a beginning cook. Many veggie books are complex, this provides the basics with no frills.

Vegetarian Nosh for Students: A Fun Student Cookbook - See Every Recipe in Full Colour - 30% More Recipes Than Previous Edition. VEGETARIAN SOCIETY APPROVED
by Joy May

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic book, 7 April 2013
Good basic book for a new cook with little experience. The recipes aren't innovative and a few ingredients are probably out of range of a basic student budget but it makes an excellent starting point.

The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
by Deb Perelman

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the blog, love the book., 7 April 2013
A real treat. I've given up buying all but the most special cookery books as the shelves are groaning. This book has new, workable and delicious recipes that don't require unusual ingredients and is a pleasure to read. I agree that it would be nice if the ingredients didn't go over the page, but it is a mere niggle. If you like the blog, you'll love the book.

Neris and India's Idiot-proof Diet Cookbook
Neris and India's Idiot-proof Diet Cookbook
by India Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a book!, 27 Feb 2008
I've been doing this way of eating for over a year and having lost nearly three stone. I have been maintaining for some months, but had fallen into a bit of a rut foodwise and was looking for some inspiration.

Boy did I find it! I'm one of those weird people who love reading cookbooks in bed, but rarely actually cook from them. This book is an exception. It's beautifully produced and bound and very well presented. The best thing about it are the fabulous, easy and tasty recipes. It has inspired me back into the kitchen.

My favourites so far have been the chili bake, onion bhajis, celeriac bravas, and the aubergine and feta pie. The 'take five' section is genious. All the recipes I've tried have worked and they have all been lovely. I've fed them to my hubby and the kids, and even used them with guests.

I have several low-carb cookbooks and this is by far my favourite.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2013 6:33 PM BST

Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: From Pig to Twig
Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: From Pig to Twig
by India Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 26 Feb 2008
I'm a busy mum of three and work shifts. Over the past 10 years I've tried low calorie, the GI diet, and Slimming World. I joined the gym (and went). Nothing worked.

I have been following this way of eating for over a year and have shifted nearly three stone of long term baby weight. I can't thank Neris and India enough for this wonderful and easy to follow way of eating. I feel better, I sleep better, and for the first time in years I enjoy buying clothes and wearing them.