Profile for Miss P. McLeod > Reviews

Content by Miss P. McLeod

Miss P. McLeod "summerday"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography
The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography
by Lorna Yabsley
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant photography book, 7 Jun 2014
I have quite a lot of books and had my eye on this one for a while. I took it out from my library first of all and knew straight away it would earn a place on my bookshelf. It is just a different take on photography and aimed at women who want technical but not too much technical info.

Lowepro Passport Sling II Bag for DSLR Camera - Mica/Green
Lowepro Passport Sling II Bag for DSLR Camera - Mica/Green
Price: 35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant camera bag, 7 Jun 2014
I bought this for a recent photography holiday. I was flying with a budget airline so space was a problem. I was traveling with a camera backpack but wanted something for using when I arrived instead of carry my big bag around everywhere. This did the job as it flattens down perfectly and is comfortable to use. I often had my DSLR and two lenses in this plus bits and bobs. Only down side is the outside pockets would be even better if they had a zip or velcro so things didn't slip out.

The Silver Spoon for Children: Favourite Italian Recipes
The Silver Spoon for Children: Favourite Italian Recipes
by Amanda Grant
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant cookbook, 7 Jun 2014
I bought The Silver Spoon after I was recommended it on holiday in Italy last month. It is a great book but it's huge and slightly daunting. I then was given this version for children come up in my amazon recommendations. I bought it and it has fast moved into my most favourite cookbook. I am an adult so not the actual target audience but its just a lovely book that allows you to learn the Italian way to cook all the favourites. So if you're an adult don't be put off that its aimed at children. Its 40 of the favourite recipes taken from The Silver Spoon so you won't miss out.

The Big Black and The Blue
The Big Black and The Blue
Price: 9.69

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find, 11 April 2014
I have to say I hadn't heard of the band until I happened to listen to Jamie Cullum on radio 2 one night. On the strength of one song I decided to by this album - its turning into a firm favourite.

Lensbaby Composer Canon Lens
Lensbaby Composer Canon Lens
Price: 115.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 11 April 2014
It has been in my wishlist for well over a year. Now that I have it I really don't know why I took so long to purchase it. The con's I read about was it was difficult to use. I can't say I have had that issue. It does require you to be familiar with your camera's 'manual setting' but a little play around and I think you would manage.

Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher, Cherub
Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher, Cherub
Price: 15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle cheek colour, 11 April 2014
I have never used this product before but had seen it was recommended a lot. It gives a wonderful flush of colour to the cheek and you need the tiniest amount so brilliant value.

JORDANA Easyliner For Lips - Rock N Rose
JORDANA Easyliner For Lips - Rock N Rose
Offered by Rude Cosmetics
Price: 1.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant lipliner, 11 April 2014
My old favourite is no longer made so on a whim ordered this, I will be re ordering as it is brilliant.

Read This If You Want to Take Great Photographs
Read This If You Want to Take Great Photographs
by Henry Carroll
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photography book, 11 April 2014
I saw this advertised in one of my magazines and decided to add it to my vast photography book collection. I have to say its probably gone straight to the top as its simple to understand, well presented and I think an absolute must for photographers starting out or just finally wanting to get there heads around the basics.

Steve McCurry Untold: The Stories Behind the Photographs
Steve McCurry Untold: The Stories Behind the Photographs
by Steve McCurry
Price: 25.97

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book, 31 Mar 2014
After being lucky enough to meet Steve McCurry in person recently I knew I wanted to purchase this book. Its big and beautiful and something that I think anyone who appreciates photography would enjoy.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 (Mac/PC)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 (Mac/PC)
Price: 99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to upgrade, 31 Mar 2014
I had thought long and hard about upgrading from PSE to Lightroom and the two reasons I did 1.)I am serious about my photography and 2.) I have struggled with PSE as I think it is very un-user friendly indeed. I love this and am glad I upgraded. What I will say is that I did have to up grade my MAC software (for free) but that upload took most of the night to complete. That was my fault for not doing it sooner and as soon as it was upgraded the software was a dream to install.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7