Profile for Fairy Tale Ending Book Reviews > Reviews

Content by Fairy Tale End...

Fairy Tale Ending Book Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Barry M Cosmetics Silk Nail Paint, Meadow
Barry M Cosmetics Silk Nail Paint, Meadow
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colour and easy to apply, 19 July 2014
I've always tended to go for the more expensive Nails Inc/Leighton Denny nail varnishes but I saw this and loved this colour so thought if give it a try. It's a beautiful shimmery mint green.

It was really easy to apply and seems to be very hard wearing - over 48 hours and not a single chip. Even after playing netball!

Nails Inc Queensgate Gardens Floral Polish
Nails Inc Queensgate Gardens Floral Polish
Price: 10.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 19 July 2014
I really love the idea of these gorgeous floral nail polishes HOWEVER the quality is shockingly bad.

The varnish is almost watery making it almost impossible to scoop out the flowers with the brush. I paint my nails a lot and often do my own nail art but I could not make this work - I ended up with blobs of blue leaves and very few flowers.

Certainly not what I would expect from Nails Inc and definitely not worth the money.

One Hundred Proposals
One Hundred Proposals
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the green eyed monster!, 6 July 2014
I really thought it would be impossible for Holly to top The Guestbook, but I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

The book should one with a warning – THIS WILL TURN YOU INTO THE GREEN EYED MONSTER! I couldn’t help but be jealous of some of the amazing proposals and the efforts Harry went to for each one. I could only wish that Mr P had the means or the inclination for such a thoughtful proposal. And those Gosling Girls… they seem to be popping up everywhere. Yes, I’m honest enough to say I was jealous of their cameo roles!
I think it’s safe to say that I loved everything about the book. I adored Harry and Suzie and their fantastic friendship. I loved the way the book switched between the narration and the blog posts, giving Harry’s point of view of some of the proposals and that it wasn’t just a re-write of the previous chapter or a constantly changing narration as I’ve seen in other books.

Not only was I envious of the proposals but the detail that went into describing each location has made me eager to travel the world and visit all of these places.

It’s going to very difficult for Holly to top this one!

Favourite quote:
“I can give all you would-be proposers one piece of advice. Tell her you love her, tell her every day until she knows it and believes it. Then tell her every day anyway. If you’re incredibly lucky she’ll love you back.”
Available to buy now from Amazon

Crazy, Undercover, Love: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Crazy, Undercover, Love: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Undercover Love, 7 Jun 2014
So they say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but when the cover looks this good, it's hard not to! Luckily the contents live up to the cover too!

Charley is very easy to relate to - I'm sure we've all felt we've been treated unfairly or wronged at some point - and she's truly desperate when we meet her; not just broke, cheap mascara broke! Whilst her stubbornness and determination might have got her into the crazy position of being Alex's PA, it's her softer, personable side which shine through and her strong sense of right and wrong - even if it's a little crazy!

Alex is described as a tall, dark, Brad Pitt beautiful guy in an expensive suit. Is he the secret love child of Brad Pitt and George Clooney (back in their Ocean's Eleven days) and where might I find him?!

The story is written in a fantastic informal style which perfectly suits the story and the main character, Charley whilst emphasising Alex's formality. It has a great pace and unpredictable twists and turns. I can't wait to read more of Nikki's books.

Favourite quote:
"Was I really just about to rub his crotch? Dear God. Sloping back to my chair, I wish I could slide under the table and hide, especially when not one but two members of staff arrive to sort out the mess I've made. My face starts to burn. I've always been clumsy but today I've hit a new threshold; the water in the plane, almost falling over in the bar, and now attempting to give Alex a shower and rub him down. I should come with an Official Government Warning: Spending time with this girl may be bad for your health/clothes/sanity."

Reason for choosing this book: Copy received in exchange for an honest review

Too Consumed (Consumed Series Book 2)
Too Consumed (Consumed Series Book 2)
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars The story steps up a gear, 18 April 2014
I absolutely loved Consumed so could not wait to get started on Too Consumed and I was certainly not disappointed.

Just like Seth’s MMA career, the story has stepped up a gear with more fighting, more sex and surprisingly, more sweetness too.

I thought it was fantastic how Seth’s character grew as the story progressed, yet his defining attributes – the cockiness, sex appeal and passion for fighting – remained unchanged. Being in love definitely suits him! I love how sweet and protective he is of Olivia; I love that his priorities and plans for the future have changed completely but most of all, I love how he reacts to being loved.

Seth isn’t the only one affected by their relationship though — Olivia really comes into her own in Too Consumed with a new-found confidence in herself and her relationship with Seth. With Olivia’s sassiness and Seth’s hotheadedness, they certainly make a couple not to be messed with!

Once again, I’m gobsmacked by the talents of this very young author. I cannot wait to read Forever Consumed – due to be released in May 2014.

Favourite quote:
“Since meeting Olivia, the old chapters in my story have closed one by one – Mason, Mom, all of the random girls and even Don. From here, new chapters will be written and they’ll feature Olivia in every single sentence of every single paragraph. Without her, my story can’t move forward and it can’t be completed.”

Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place
Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place
Price: 1.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Leaves you wanting more!, 16 April 2014
This is a short but fun prequel giving the reader a snippet of Dylan’s rockstar lifestyle.

The story is told from Nicole’s point of view. Nicole is a fun character and it was really easy to like her. I often felt sympathy for her as Dylan’s antics leave his best friend filling the manager role, chasing him all over town.

Dylan is just how I would imagine your stereotypical rockstar – a handful to control and easily distracted, especially when it comes to the ladies!

This book definitely does what it is supposed to… leaves you wanting to read more!

Favourite quote:
“It’s not because he’s homeless that I don’t want him tagging along, it’s because he could be anyone – a murderer, a psycho, a Steps fan – it’s just too much of a risk.”

Consumed (Consumed Series Book 1)
Consumed (Consumed Series Book 1)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Consuming, 12 April 2014
Consumed is definitely an appropriate title for this book as that was exactly how I felt when reading it. I tried to put it down, honestly, but after 10 minutes of staring at the ceiling, I knew I had to finish it before I'd be able to sleep.

Seth Marc... where to begin with him? He's the sexy, tattooed MMA fighter who despite his `I don't do girlfriends' attitude, has a loveable sweet side too. He's caring, thoughtful and just the right amount of possessiveness - perfect book boyfriend material!

I thought the story was beautifully written with the romance perfectly balanced by the fighting, angst and tear-inducing heartbreak. I was truly gobsmacked to learn that the author, Skyla Madi is just 21 years old - I would never have guessed that from the writing, Skyla writes with a maturity far beyond her years. I think we are going to see some amazing future releases from this author.

Favourite quote:
"Since when does reading suck? Who says that? If I ran the world, people who didn't read would be the first to go. Boom. Put them out of their misery."

Reason for choosing this book: High rating on Goodreads list of Best New Adult Books

Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn: The Perfect Feel-Good Holiday Read
Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn: The Perfect Feel-Good Holiday Read
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A light-hearted fun read, 26 Mar 2014
This book was a well written, really light-hearted fun read, full of lots of interesting characters.

Personally, I found it very difficult to relate to Bonnie, but I think that's because my celeb crush was always just a crush. Despite her thirty-five years of age, Bonnie is beyond obsessed with Holden Finn - constantly tweeting him and even Facebook stalking his mother too. Luckily, it didn't really deter from the storyline as despite it's title, the book isn't all about Bonnie's infatuation with Holden Finn - at the heart of this book is a love story and whatever you think of Bonnie, you can't help but want her to find true love.

I think the star of the book wasn't Holden Finn but Bonnie's mother Jeanie. She was my favourite character by far - I absolutely loved the leather trouser wearing rocker who describes Annie Lennox as 'amazeballs' and can be found moshing with her granddaughter to Queen when she's not at the Blood Festival!

I adored the characters Max and Linda too. Linda is so kind-hearted but mischievous, especially when she's trying to steer Bonnie's love life in the right direction whilst Max is charming and so very sweet.

A great choice for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Favourite quote:
"A thirty-five-year-old mother of one teenage nemesis getting together with one of the country's most sought after young bachelors? It was about as likely as finding a real pea in a Pot Noodle."

The Guestbook
The Guestbook
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Guestbook, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Guestbook (Kindle Edition)
This book is BLOODY BRILLIANT!

I've never read anything like this before - the story is told, not in the traditional novel format, but as the title suggests, through entries in The Guestbook. Some guests use is as a diary during their stay whilst others use it simply to communicate with Annie. But the one thing I'd say they all had in common... they're all a little more open and honest when hiding behind its pages!

Despite Annie being the central character, I really liked that her story didn't seem to take over the book as there were some fantastic guest stories. The guest entries really added a lot of variety into the story; some funny, some a little scary and some really quite sad. The author did such a fantastic job of capturing the voice of each character, it really did feel as though the entries were all written by different people.

There were so many amazing characters but I think my favourite had to be young Megan Meecham for her sweet innocence and wisdom beyond her 6.5/7 years!

I can't wait to see what comes next from this very lovely author.

Favourite quote:
Courtesy of Megan, aged 7 "I SAID THAT MR BUTTERWORTH THE ONE THAT IS STILL ALIVE SHOULD MARRY ANNIE AND MUMMY SAID THAT IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT BECAUSE WHEN YOU GET MARRIED BOTH PEOPLE NEED TO LOVE EACH OTHER VERY MUCH. BUT LAST TIME WE WERE HERE MR BUTTERWORTH, THE ALIVE ONE, KEPT GIVING ANNIE LOOKS THE SAME LOOKS THAT DADDY GIVES MUMMY THAT SHOWS THAT DADDY LOVES MUMMY MORE THAN CHOCOLATE. DADDY LOVES CHOCOLATE VERY MUCH."

Nails Inc Lowndes Square Polish
Nails Inc Lowndes Square Polish
Price: 11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty colour, 1 Feb 2014
I would say this colour is slightly more of a dusky lilac than a grey but it's still a lovely colour.

As always with Nails Inc polishes, a fantastic quality which is easy to apply.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8