Profile for J. WHITE > Reviews

Content by J. WHITE

J. WHITE "trouble_jw" (Notts, England)

King Of Hearts
King Of Hearts

5.0 out of 5 stars King of Hearts is a fitting tribute!, 4 July 2010
This review is from: King Of Hearts (Audio CD)
Only recently at the age of 25 have I really discovered Roy Orbison and I can say I am truly blown away by him! The man is a legend. I especially love this album. After the 1st play I was hooked on it. You're still the one, We'll take the night, I drove all night, Crying, Life fades away are all mind blowingly good. If like me you want to discover Roy's Music, after a greatest hits this is a great starting point! Long Live Roy!!! Gone but never forgotten.

Elvis: 2nd To None
Elvis: 2nd To None
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd To None is second only to 30 #1 Hita, 7 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Elvis: 2nd To None (Audio CD)
What A Fantastic follow up too last years chart topping album Elv1s - 30 #1 hits. Everything about this album is great from the track listing spread nicely out through Elvis' career like a story to thefantastic bonus tracks which inclued the recent top 5 smash 'Rubberneckin'' ans the recently discovered track 'I'm A Roustabout'. The sound quality on this album really is SECOND TO NONE. The best tracks in my opinion are: I Want You, I Need You, I Love You, Mean Women Blues, King Creole, Trouble, Little Sister, Bossa Nova Baby, Viva Las Vegas, If I Can Dream, Kentucky Rain, Always on My Mind, Promised Land & Moody Blue.
I gurantee, if you enjoyed 30 #1 Hits you will love this album!
I look forward to another album in the near future, maybe with a bronze cover?
The King Is Back!

Rubberneckin' (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
Rubberneckin' (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
Offered by Buks4less

5.0 out of 5 stars I See What I Like, I Like What I See!!!, 25 Sept. 2003
This is a great re-mix of a generally forgotten Elvis track. Paul Oakenfold has done a great job bringing the 1969 recording in to the year 2003. The song still has the same original feel to it but with more bite added. The single features the Radio Edit (Which will feature on the new Elvis-2nd To None album), the 12" Extended version (which has great guitar solos featured at the begining and end of the song) and the Original version (which was the B side to Don't Cry Daddy in 1969 and featured on the Elvis Movie Change Of Habit, still sounds great).
This song is a great follow up to last years smash A Little Less Converstion and although will probably not be as big of smash I'm positive Rubberneckin' will light up the charts for Elvis Presley once again! A Must Buy!

Close Up (Including Booklet)
Close Up (Including Booklet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up to Close Up!!!!!!!!!, 15 July 2003
This box set is FANTASTIC! Personally i think it's better the last years box set 'Today, Tomorrow and Forever'. Disc one consists of unreleased stereo masters from the 50's, Well when it says stereo its really a type of recording called 'binaural' recording, with is basically two tapes recording in tandem which makes Elvis and a few instruments on one channel and everyone else on the other channel. The sound quality in disc 1 is MINDBLOWING, it sound like elvis is singing in your house, the sound just jumps out the speakers at you (best songs are: Treat Me Nice, Jailhouse Rock and Young and Beautiful).
Disc 2 is good, this consists of unreleased movie takes from the movies GI BLues, Flamming Star, Wild In The Country and Blue Hawaii. The sound quality on disc 2 is also very good, not as good as disc 1, but all the same very good. (Best Songs: Lonely Man, Wooden Heart & Can't Help Falling In Love).
Disc 3 consists of unreleased songs recordedin Nashville studio B. This is also a very good disc with a great selection of songs. The sound quality is very good, better the disc 2 but not as good as disc 1. (Best Tracks: The Girl Of My Best Friend, Night Rider, His Latest Flame & US Male).
Now on to my favourite disc, disc 4! Recoreded live in Texas 1972, what can I say about this disc apart from WOW! The song selection is amazing, the sould quality is by far the best of all the live albums released so far and Elvis is on TOP form! (Best Songs: You Gave Me A Mountain, Polk Salad Annie, How Great Thou Art, I Can't Stop Loving You, Suspicious Minds, Burning Love & An American Trilogy).
So over all I think this box set is well worth your well earned cash, for disc 1 & 4 alone. Maybe more for the collecting Elvis fans but just as enjoyable for ALL Elvis fans of all types and ages.
LONG LIVE THE KING!

Girl Happy
Girl Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm more then Happy with Girl Happy, 8 May 2003
This review is from: Girl Happy (Audio CD)
Follow that dream, give your self a pat on the back because the new re-releases of Girl Happy is amazing. Not only is the sound quality the best I've ever heard any songs from this soundtrack but the covers are also amazing. With all oraginal cover arts displayed in a 7 inch cover with a fold out inside and booklet makes this well worth your money. Plus to top this all off the cd also includes a load of bonus takes of each song from the soundtrack. Amazing!

Superman: Shadow of Apokolips (PS2)
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips (PS2)
Offered by multimedia-online

4.0 out of 5 stars Super - Game, 18 Nov. 2002
I've been waiting for a superman game to come out for a few years now and finally here it is and I am not disapointed. This game is based on the animated series of superman. You have full control of all of supermans powers from his super strength to his heat vision. The game has 14 levels, you might think thats not alot but the levels are quite long with several tasks to do on each. Along with 20 minutes of amimation to add to the good story line this game is worth the money.

Elvis Sings The Wonderful World Of Christmas
Elvis Sings The Wonderful World Of Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CHRISTMAS ALBUM!, 16 Nov. 2002
I love this album, every song on it is really enjoyable and puts you straight into the Christmas spirit. The songs were recorded in 1971, from the bluesy number 'Merry Christmas Baby' (which was recorded during a jamming session, where as the rest of the songs were planed recordings) to the rocking 'Winter Wonderland'. To me this album is easily as good as the 'Elvis Christmas Album' from 1956. If you like Elvis Christmas songs, or if you haven't heard them before, this is an excellent album, and well worth your well earned cash.

Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits
Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing!!, 24 Sept. 2002
This review is from: Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
I think my title says it all, really, if you ever buy a single elvis cd make it this one as it is perfect in every way. The 50's tracks the sound is crystal clear and yet still keep there classic sound, such as All Shook Up and Hound Dog. The 60's tracks is where you start to hear sounds you've never heard before on previous elvis best of's on songs such as His Latest Flame, In The Ghetto and Suspicious Minds, well basically all of them. The 70's tracks, well thats a different thing all together, Burning Love has never, ever sounded so good!! Every single track has improved, really thay are so much better!! Even if you have another Elvis compilation it will not come close to the qulity of this album, and at over 79 minutes long, fantastic.