Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Cheshire UK)

Replacement TV Remote Control for SAMSUNG LE26R41BD
Replacement TV Remote Control for SAMSUNG LE26R41BD
Offered by spares4us
Price: 10.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Is not an exact replacement, 28 Nov 2013
The basics work, but most of the shift functions do not, so functions like picture in picture are no longer available.

Rayovac Size 13 Hearing Aid Battery 10-Packs of 6 Cells
Rayovac Size 13 Hearing Aid Battery 10-Packs of 6 Cells
Offered by Hearing Direct
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 28 Nov 2013
delivered on time and good price (I paid 4x the price recently in Spain for a single pack), what else needed

Rayovac Size 10 Hearing Aid Batteries - 60 (10 Packets of 6) Cells
Rayovac Size 10 Hearing Aid Batteries - 60 (10 Packets of 6) Cells
Offered by Hearing-Aid-Batteries
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hearing Aid Batteries, 10 Oct 2012
I purchased 10 packs of 6 batteries, they were delivered quickly, they cost half of what other vendors were offering. I have tested their longevity and they last as long as those supplied by the hearing aid vendor, and the same as other brands bought from Boots at nearly three times the price.
What more could I ask for ?

TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point
TP-Link TL-WA901ND Advanced 300Mbps Wireless N Access Point
Price: 36.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly strange beviour, 10 Jan 2012
I wanted to use this device as a repeater in a room where the router (a netgear DGN1000) is giving a poor signal. I read and reread the instructions as advised in an earlier post, they are pretty awful.

Then tried to set it up, I connected an ethernet cable and then changed its IP address to 192.168.1.3 to suit my needs and changed it to UNIVERSAL REPEATER and reserved the IP 192.168.1.3 address on my router.

Rebooted the repeater and router it then showed up on my router as an attached device.

I then removed the ethernet cable and then the repeater disappeared from the router list, after trying a few times sometimes pressing the button on the front and sometimes not, I gave up and contacted support who emailed me some instructions, which were basically what I had already done, but this time after pulling out the cable the repeater IP address stayed on the router. There is actually no need to press the QSS button on the WA901ND.

So I now removed it and switched it back on in the remote location and then after about 30 seconds it appeared on the attached devices list on the router and now works exactly as required. We currently connect two Galaxy S phones, a KOBO reader,a windows laptop and occasional visitors phones/laptops and all work perfectly. While some of this was going on I could not login to the router (while the cable was connected to the repeater) and later after disconnecting the cable I could not access the router.

to summarise the installation

connect the WA901ND to the wireless router using an ethernet cable
then open the software for the repeater by typing the default 192.168.1.254 into a web browser
change the WA901ND IP address to be a static address you could leave it as 192.168.1.254 if you wish
change the mode to UNIVERSAL REPEATER
then open the software in the router by typing its IP address into the browser
reserve the IP address used on the router
reboot both router and repeater
remove cable from router once it has showed up on the router, it should then connect by wireless
switch off and take WA901ND to its intended location and switch it on
wait about 30 seconds and all should be well.

I assigned a static IP address for my main computer as well
Router 192.168.1.1
Main Computer 192.168.1.2
Repeater 192.168.1.3

Then any other devices pick up an IP address from the router as long as you have it set to be a DHCP server.

Once working, as someone else commented, for about 20 the device is brilliant our phones were showing a minimal signal from the router and now with the repeater they are getting maximum signal and all work infinitely better. It can now be switched off when not in use and reconnects in a few seconds when required again.

Thus I have given it 5 stars despite the problems with installation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2013 11:02 AM BST

2 X GP 910A LR1 1.5V N Type Batteries
2 X GP 910A LR1 1.5V N Type Batteries
Offered by Premier Solutions
Price: 1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 30 Jun 2011
Fairly unusual batteries, I normally have to try a few places to find them. I use them in a clock so I bought enough to last a for while.
They arrived next day and included was an extra pack also no charge for delivery.

Antimatter
Antimatter
by Frank Close
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: Antimatter (Paperback)
I read this book as a follow on from Simon Singh's 'Big Bang' which is absolutely brilliant. This is also an excellent book which gives some idea of why the universe exists at all and explains in understandable terms why there is now just matter and there is no (or not much)anti-matter. Fred Hoyles autobiography is also fascinating for anyone interested in cosmology.

The Silent State: Secrets, Surveillance and the Myth of British Democracy
The Silent State: Secrets, Surveillance and the Myth of British Democracy
by Heather Brooke

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one should read this book, 17 May 2010
Every one in Britain should read this book, it raises issues that many of us have thought about but not realised fully how undemocratic Britain is. From the legal system which only works for the rich or those endowed with public money, the all pervasive use of 'spin' often called PR, used by public bodies to con us into believing they are doing a good job, how we are charged to access data that has already been paid for by us (the taxpayers) and the state snooping on us using a multiplicity of databases which have largely been introduced furtively.

Heather Brooke was also largley responsible for bringing into the open the MPs expenses scandal, which eventually the Telegraph took a lot of the credit for.

Garmin eTrex Venture HC Handheld GPS Navigator
Garmin eTrex Venture HC Handheld GPS Navigator

4.0 out of 5 stars ETrex Veture HC, 26 Dec 2007
For several weeks I have been considering purchasing a satnav specifically for walking. I had been unable to find one in any store and so been unable to see exactly what I was buying. In desperation I settled for the Garmin Venture HC.

Using a map and compass is fine, and can never be totally replaced, but several times recently I have managed to get comprehensively lost. In theory with a couple of landmarks, a map and a compass it should be easy to work out where you are, in practice it is not so easy, landmarks can be hard to comeby or even not available (visible) at all.

The ability of the eTrex Veture HC to give a grid reference to 5 digit accuracy vertical and horizontal with WAAS correction (whatever that is) means that your map position can be fixed to within 10ft. That is quite enough to locate your position on any 1:25000 OS map.

The ability to track your exact location and to back track if necessary is more than useful. The built in odometer, compass and clock means that you can keep track of distance travelled and time spent with absolute accuracy.

As yet I have not invested in the detailed maps, but as OS maps are costing 7.99 a time (my current collection therefore valued at about 200) and are easily damaged by repeated folding and refolding I am coming to the conclusion that at 150 the full set of 1:25000 maps may well represent a good investment, and the waterproof versions cost almost twice as much.

Having done a couple of walks using the eTrex, firstly locally where I know exactly where I am, and then a walk round Macclesfield forest and up Shutlingsloe I have been very satisfied with my purchase.

Realising that the HCx model can take an external memory card and how much memory maps take I suspect that the additional cost of that model would easily be jusified. The HC has only 24Mb available. However the facilities it offers I think are well worth the cost and that is why a rate it at 4 Stars.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2008 4:56 PM GMT