Profile for ian.norman@furiousgreen.demon.co.uk > Reviews

The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his best - absolutely brilliant., 12 Nov 2001
Even though this story is a discworld novel it can be read as a stand alone book. There are only a couple of references that may seem a little obscure to the uninitiated. But that should not detract from the enjoyment the book will bring.
I finished the book on Friday 09 Nov at 19:00. I was sat in a train packed with commuters. I was getting very funny looks from people as I could not stop myself from laughing out loud - we are not talking a quiet chuckle here. Buy it now!

Bored of the Rings: a Parody of J. R. R. Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings
Bored of the Rings: a Parody of J. R. R. Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings
by Henry N. Beard

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it the first time round. Liked it a lot the second., 17 Oct 2001
This new hardback edition is a different size to the original paperback so the doom-laden prophecy: "Five-eleven's your height, one-ninety your weight, you cash in your chips around page eighty-eight."
...is now on the wrong page. Doh!
A lot of the humour is American so you can miss things but it is still a jolly good read. First time round I was more than halfway through the book before I realised I was mispronouncing Nozdrul - it should be Nose Drool.
If you like this type of humour and you have read Frank Herbert's Dune you will probably love Doon by the same people.