Profile for bernard black > Reviews

Content by bernard black

bernard black "captain_pilchard" (Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales)

House On Haunted Hill [DVD] [1999]
House On Haunted Hill [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Geoffrey Rush
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2014
Good film and only cost me a penny!!

Battlestar Galactica 1:4105 Scale Revell
Battlestar Galactica 1:4105 Scale Revell

3.0 out of 5 stars Its good but the instructions are not in order, 5 Nov. 2014
Its good but the instructions are not in order. Near the end i had to break the main shell to connect the engines. Dissapointing that i had to do this and the stickers: no idea how to stick them to model, no instructions for these.

Ghost Adventures [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Ghost Adventures [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with, 5 Nov. 2014
Arrived quickly considering it was America. Very happy with purchase

16GB Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (I8190) (Micro SD)
16GB Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (I8190) (Micro SD)
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2014
Arrived next and did what it said on the tin

4.0 out of 5 stars At last the end is here!, 27 July 2005
This review is from: Land of the Dead (Audio CD)
Land of the dead is going to be the greatest zombie film ever created. George A Romero is one of the most amazing film directors of my generation. Compared to Dawns soundtrack, it isn't as good, but then again you can't beat a masterpiece! With this soundtrack you need to listen to it full volume with headphones on and in a dark, closed room for full effect. I've done this, and I was scared. Then I laughed at myself as it's only a piece of music! Track six, Department Store Raid, was the one that particularly scared me! After a while though the tracks do begin to sound the same, but again there are 36 tracks! The film isn't out yet, but I can't wait, it's going to be awesome. Also recommended is the Trilogy of the Dead films (Night, Dawn and Day)and the soundtrack to Dawn, especially the unreleased tracks. But a warning, stay away from the 30th anniversary edition of Night. It's awful trust me. Enjoy the music and remember, stayed scared!

5.0 out of 5 stars Land of the Dead OST, 25 July 2005
This review is from: Land of the Dead (Audio CD)
At time of writing this review, the film had not been released, much to my annoyance! Unlike Dawn's soundtrack which was, at times, lively (the Gonk) and others dark (Dramaturgy), the whole album is dark and at times scary and quite jumpy. (listen to it with head phones on, very load and in a dark room, you'll see what I mean!) particularly track 6, Department store raid. I was kind of hoping the cover or the info inside the cover would give me clue to the story line to Land, but all it has is pictures from the film, but these are fantastic, especially the one with a zombie with a weapon (remember Bub?). All in all this soundtrack is spectacular and the only downside is it does begin to sound the same after awhile, but then again there are 36 tracks! Highly recommended is the re-released dawn of the Dead OST as well as the films, but DO NOT buy the 30th anniversary edition of Night, it sucks big time, trust me =). Enjoy and stayed scared!