Profile for Kirsty > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Matched: 1/3
Matched: 1/3

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea., 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Matched: 1/3 (Kindle Edition)
I really liked the idea of this book, that people are 'matched' to their perfect partner but this time something goes wrong.

Cassia gets 'matched' to her best friend Xander which is strange as most people are matched to someone they have never met before, she is then given a data card with details about Xander which Cassia doesn't view right away as she feels she already knows everything there is to know about Xander, eventually she views the card but she briefly sees another boy flash up and she knows him too, Ky.

This begins a difficult time for Cassia where she wonders who is it she is supposed to be with, the society doesn't make mistakes like this so is it Xander or Ky she should be with?
I had reasons for wanting him to be with both so for me it was difficult to chose who I wanted to see her with in the end.

At first Cassia (the main character) annoyed me but then she grew on me because you soon realise that her opinions are only what shes been taught to believe by the 'society' she lives in.

Some dystopian themed books are difficult to believe but I found this one to be believable that some day there could be someone who decides who we should marry, what job we should have and how many kids. So for me this book was really well written that I could actually relate to it, I could also relate to the characters and what they were feeling as the author really gives you an insight into each character.

The ending of this book was a bit disappointing (reason for only 4 stars) but as it is only the first book in a trilogy I'm hoping that it gets better.
A good dystopian themed book and I can't wait to read the next.

If you liked this book I suggest you try Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

Beneath the Glitter: A Novel (Sophia and Ava London)
Beneath the Glitter: A Novel (Sophia and Ava London)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice summer read., 15 Sep 2012
When I heard that Elle & Blair were writing a book I couldn't wait to read it. I have been following their videos on Youtube for a while and I really enjoy Elle's book reviews she does but I was surprised when I found out what the book was about as usually Elle does reviews on dystopian themed books and this just seemed very girly and was not what I was expecting Elle to write.

However, I gave it a go and it is still a very enjoyable book. It is loosely based on the sisters life and I must admit it is a very easy read but it is perfect for just curling up with, if you enjoyed Lauren Conrad's books then I'm sure you will enjoy this one.

It follows Sophia and Ava London's rise to fame and right from the beginning of the book you find out that someone has betrayed them and the book really manages to grip you and make you want to read more as it then goes back to explain what happened to the sisters.
The characters in this book are quite interesting, you really start to care about them but you are also wondering if they have had anything to do with the betrayal you read about at the very beginning. Through out the book you don't really know what the betrayal is until the end so you're not sure who it involved or what actually happened.

The ending I felt was kind of rushed but it leads up to a sequel which the book says will be out in Summer 2013 and yes I will definitely be buying it to find out exactly what happened so I guess that means I really enjoyed it.

This book is not a brilliant book and I know it has not had many good reviews but as I've said before if you are looking for a light, happy, easy read then you should give this book a shot, even if you have not been following the Fowler sisters it is a good read.

Twilight Eclipse - Edward Collector's Beaded Bookmark
Twilight Eclipse - Edward Collector's Beaded Bookmark

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely., 21 Aug 2012
This is a lovely little gift for yourself or for anyone who is a fan of the films. Nice quality.

The Soul Sessions Vol II
The Soul Sessions Vol II

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Aug 2012
Joss Stone has got one of those voices that just get better and better. A lovely CD to just chill out to with a book and a nice cup of tea. I love her sound.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 17 Aug 2012
I don't usually like Burberry but I have to say this fragrance is beautiful !!
It is a lovely smell and I have received several compliments while wearing it. Perfect for a night out.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!!, 17 July 2012
When I was advised to get one of these for my border collie puppy to stop him pulling me down the stairs I was a bit doubtful, it didn't seem like something that would stop a 10 month puppy from pulling but oh how wrong I was!

Right from the moment we put it on him he walked a million times better!
He did not like it at first and kept trying to get it off but after being distracted by treats his resistance to it soon stopped (he didn't mind it being put on him at all, just didn't like it on)

What I like about it is it's very friendly and not at all cruel, it doesn't hurt them at all. It's not like a muzzle as the dog can still bark and eat treats with it but because they are being lead by the head they automatically walk a lot calmer.

I am so glad I bought this and I don't regret it in the slightest, it is well worth the money, fair enough once you take the dog off it it will most likely revert back to pulling (as we've noticed with our own) but as long as you use it you will have no problem with being pulled off your feet.

Karen Pryor i Click Training Clickers w/ wrist straps - 3 Pack
Karen Pryor i Click Training Clickers w/ wrist straps - 3 Pack
Offered by Pets World

4.0 out of 5 stars Positive training, 24 Jun 2012
This item is great for positive training a dog, every time the dog does what you have asked you click it and then reward the dog, it is so simple but really effective in letting the dog know exactly what it is getting the treat for!
Very handy and easy to use - I love training my dog using this method.

Despicable Me (Blu-ray 3D) [Region Free]
Despicable Me (Blu-ray 3D) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell

5.0 out of 5 stars A great comedy, 23 Jun 2012
This film is amazing, it is so well written and very funny ! A clever, fun film that is perfect for all the family and the 3D effects are really good, this is probably one of my favourite 3D films.

I have watched countless times and will probably watch it many more times.
You will not be disappointed in this film.

Bonio The Original 650 g, Pack of 5
Bonio The Original 650 g, Pack of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Jun 2012
My dog loves these and you get such a large amount for the price, it really is good value for money.
Fast delivery too!

The Power of Six: Lorien Legacies Book 2
The Power of Six: Lorien Legacies Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel!, 22 Jun 2012
I read 'I Am Number Four' and at the end of it I couldn't wait for the next installment and I'm the same with 'The Power of Six' - Pittacus Lore has such an amazing way of writing it just leaves you always wanting more!

If you enjoyed 'I Am Number Four' then you will love this!
It is a love story but it is so action packed at the same time, you will grow attached to all the characters in this book and you will want to know what happens to them.

A great book!