Profile for Chris > Reviews

Chris (London. England)

The Days Of Grays
The Days Of Grays

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but be patient with it!, 30 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Days Of Grays (Audio CD)
I've been a long time fan of SA and I was initially hooked by the fast pace and catchy melodies of silence and ecliptica. Now the band have a more mature sound.

I've heard some fans weren't pleased with Unia, the previous album. I couldn't disagree more, it's definitely their best work. The melodies and song structures are more complex so it takes a lot longer to get into.

This album is in a similar vein to Unia, on first listen I was disappointed but now I think it's a great album with only a couple of weak tracks. It's a more mature sound that the first few albums and definitely more prog focussed. Be prepared to listen to it at least 5 times through before making judgement.

If you enjoyed the last couple of albums the you have to buy this! If you hated Unia then I wouldn't bother.

Sonic Firestorm
Sonic Firestorm
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air!, 25 May 2004
This review is from: Sonic Firestorm (Audio CD)
i first heard this band after a friend (knowing i love stratovarius, maiden etc..) told me to check these guys out. i downloaded 'My spirit will go on' the first track of this album and i was blown away. They are like stratovarius on speed. i Loved the fast tempo and the really catchy melodies of the guitars and vocals. I bought the album the same day but i didnt think the rest of the tracks were quite up to the same standard as my spirit will go on. about half are excellent but they are all very samey, and some1 not already into power metal may be 'cheesed' out by the end!
The strangest thing about this band is that they are english, a strange thing to say but when u hear then you will understand.
This album is an essential purchase for a power metal fan, any1 else might find all the tracks too samey or too cheesy.