Profile for Martin T > Reviews

Martin T

Position Trading (Third Edition): BUY like a Trader and HOLD like an Investor
Position Trading (Third Edition): BUY like a Trader and HOLD like an Investor

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Top Five Trading Reads, 26 Sep 2013
If you're at all hesitant about acquiring this excellent book, please don't be. Take a look at the many positive reviews for Editions 1 & 2 for starters. Whether you Spread Bet or Invest, you will discover ideas and tactics that both inform and challenge. The Author provides insights plus inspiration via clear, simple language and examples. If you just want the reassurance of having much of what you've previously encountered in other Trading Books repeated by someone else, this book may not be for you. However, if you're the sort of Trader / Investor looking for a fresh / alternaive perspective, then I suspect the approach the Author adopts will give you much food for thought. I don't think you will be disappointed with this book. On the contrary, I suspect it will sit comfortably alongside your Share Trading favourites.

ADVFN Guide: 101 Ways to Pick Stock Market Winners
ADVFN Guide: 101 Ways to Pick Stock Market Winners
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Trader / Investor Essential Reading, 20 Mar 2013
If you've just discover this book exists, pat yourself on the back, grab yourself a copy, and get stuck in.

It's informative, fascinating, revelationary and mind-expanding.

You'll wonder how you ever got by without it!

Instantly one of my Top 10 Favourite Trading / Investment Reads.

Better Spread Betting
Better Spread Betting
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading for Traders, 27 Jun 2012
Better Spread Betting is a must read for novice and experienced Traders alike. This book will fill in the gaps of any basic Trading Knowledge you've acquired, and give you a deeper insight into topics you think you already fully compreheld but (like me) quite possibly do not. I now own three of Tony's Books (including the excellent Position Trading). All three have taught me stuff I never learnt elsewhere, in other trading books and courses. Treat yourself and enjoy.

Position Trading (Second Edition): Buy Like a Trader and Hold Like an Investor
Position Trading (Second Edition): Buy Like a Trader and Hold Like an Investor
Price: 9.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Trading Tactics, 27 Jun 2012
Indespensible! Position Trading by Tony Loton was the missing piece of the puzzle as far as my spread betting knowledge is concerned. It has helped crystallise many loosly held thoughts and ideas I held, as well as providing greater form and structure to my trading tactics. I now consider Position Trading an essential part of my Investment / Spread Betting Library. Get yourself a copy, you won't regret it.

Stop Orders
Stop Orders
Price: 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Why you need this Book, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Stop Orders (Paperback)
Whether you Spread Bet or Buy & Hold, one thing's become increasingly clear. Capital Preservation and Cost Management often differentiate the winners from the losers.

Think you're already aware of all there is to know about capital protection and enhancement using Stop Losses? Then I suspect your're mistaken, and that you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish armed with the information in Tony's Book.

Even if you take away just one useful tip, over time it could easily pay for your investment in this book many times overs.

So ask yourself, can I really afford to miss out on the savings / additional gains that an exceptional knowledge of this very important topic could deliver?

A great book by a guy that doesn't just 'talk the talk'. (I sometimes bump into Tony on the SpreadBettingCentral Website Forum, where I pay 'very' close attention to what he has to say).

Martin

The Naked Trader: How anyone can make money trading shares - 3rd edition
The Naked Trader: How anyone can make money trading shares - 3rd edition
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Naked Trader 3, 14 Oct 2011
A while back I read the second edition of this book and also Robbie Burns 'The Naked Trader Guide to Spread Betting' (Both Excellent).

I've just acquired the new updated (3rd Edition) and my advice is, don't hesitate, grab yourself a copy.

The trading and investment world are constantly changing. Doing this stuff without a fully up-to-date 'insight' carries risk that, personally, I'm unwilling to countenance. This Book contains most, probably all, that you need (other than a few quid to invest / trade with).

It doesn't matter whether you are a newcomer to investing, or have been at it a while. You 'will' find some real gems of info in this book.
(I've made it my 'trading handbook', and won't make a move without first reflecting on the advice Robbie Burns provides).

Robbie makes things easy to understand. He writes in a style that's warm and friendly. (It's just like a knowledgeable buddy is putting you straight over a pint down the pub).

The book is as jargon free as possible. Robbie makes few (if any) assumptions about your knowledge of the subject, so the content can be grasped by readers of practically all ages, backgrounds and abilities. The structure / layout make it a joy, and you'll refer back to it, time and time again.

Take it from me, you 'need' this book if you want to gain a realistic understanding into how a 'smart' Investor / Trader goes about his business.

I rate it as 'the' very best book on trading / investment I've ever read. (And I've read quite a few). If I had to chose only one book on this topic, it would be this one.

This book has the potential not only to make you money, but to save you a fortune by avoiding mistakes you probably don't even know exist.

By the way, Robbie also has his own website on investment / trading and has replied helpfully (and without delay) to a couple of emails I've sent him on the subject of investment.(Makes a pleasant change from the 'love em, then leave-em-to-it' brigade).

As you may have gathered, I highly rate Naked Trader Edition 3.

A great book (a great read). Enjoy.