ARRAY(0xab5fe57c)

Profile for Kingston Mum > Reviews

Content by Kingston Mum

Kingston Mum "Marg" (Kingston, UK)

Spot Bakes A Cake (Spot - Original Lift The Flap)
Spot Bakes A Cake (Spot - Original Lift The Flap)
by Eric Hill
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Mar 2009
My 15 month old daughter loves this book. The flaps get tatty but it doesn't matter. It is pulled out when a diversion is needed usually when acting up in public. A lovely little story - highly recommended.

That's Not My Lion (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
That's Not My Lion (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute book, 24 Jan 2009
I recommend the Usborne Touchy Feely books for babies and young children as they are very colourful with simple layouts. They are very sturdy and the size is just right for taking with you when out and about. They don't capture attention for very long, but my 14 month old daughter smiles whenever she recognises 'her' lion on the last page and strokes his mane.

Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner
Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner
by Annabel Karmel
Price: 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent easy and tasty recipes, 24 July 2008
This book is excellent! The recipes are categorised by age and gradually introduce your baby to new tastes and textures. The recipes have simple and few ingredients and are easy to follow. I followed the meal planner but found it a bit ambitious, but I just adapted it to when my daughter was ready for new tastes. She's 7+ months now and really loves mixed fruit and vegetables, braised beef casserole and will eat anything with cheese sauce. This is the only recipe book you'll need when starting weaning. I only wish I'd look as neatly turned out as Annabel when I'm cooking batches of food for my baby!

Lamaze Play & Grow Freddie the Firefly
Lamaze Play & Grow Freddie the Firefly
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, 23 July 2008
I have bought 3 Lamaze toys for my 7 month old daughter and this one is her favourite. It is very colourful, which is typical of the Lamaze range, and has lots of crinkly bits and a button that squeaks. She is entertained for a while biting on the red teething ladybird and also likes chewing on the rings. It is a big toy and hangs well from a play gym or pram. It is a bit difficult to clean but comes up fine with a good scrub with a sponge and hot soapy water. I can't recommend these toys enough, especially Freddie the Firefly.

Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD]
Baby Van Gogh - World Of Colours [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining for babies, 23 July 2008
This is the second Baby Einstein DVD I've purchased and my 7 month old daughter loves it. It has fantastic music and is high energy in some parts and very calm in others. Each colour is introduced where several images highlighting the colour are shown with music and sound effects. The little puppets are really entertaining. Vincent van Goat 'paints' pictures at the end of every colour sequence. To an adult, it might not look like it's well produced but my daughter finds this DVD really entertaining.

Prince Lionheart On-The-Go Bottle Warmer
Prince Lionheart On-The-Go Bottle Warmer
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 25 Mar 2008
I tried the bottle warmer and it doesn't heat up enough to warm up a bottle. It might slightly raises the temperature for a bottle that is already at room temperature but couldn't warm a chilled bottle of milk. It also doesn't fit wide necked bottles - only standard sized bottles. It genuinely doesn't work!