Profile for biffbiffin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
But That's Not Another Story
But That's Not Another Story
by Rogeri

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different to anything I've ever read before., 25 Nov. 2014
This book contains all the elements that a good novel should have, murder, mystery, sex and a circular story that keeps one gripped right until the very end. It puts '50 Shades' in the shade, by having a superb plot that's very different to anything I've ever read before.

Classic Solitaire - Wood
Classic Solitaire - Wood
Offered by The Global Trader

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed.as parts were missing on delievery, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Classic Solitaire - Wood (Toy)
Only 27 wooden marbles came within the sealed package inside the box instead of 33, four were missing.

Shadows and Light: Live
Shadows and Light: Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Joni at her best., 26 May 2014
This review is from: Shadows and Light: Live (Audio CD)
There isn't anything wrong with the sound quality on either the vinyl or CD copies, I have both. All I will add to the other comments made is 'This is Joni live at her best backed by the very finest'.

Metro-Land [DVD] [1973]
Metro-Land [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ John Betjeman

2.0 out of 5 stars Why so expensive?, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Metro-Land [DVD] [1973] (DVD)
I understand this is a Sir John Betjeman classic, but so are many great films. May I ask therefore at a cost of £26 plus, why it's at that price when it's free for all to see and without a great load of difficulty download from Youtube? I'm afraid at that price it's a bit too rich for me, sorry.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2013 11:10 AM GMT

Ryobi Articulating Pole Hedge Cutter 400 Watt
Ryobi Articulating Pole Hedge Cutter 400 Watt

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to conduct an immediate repair, 11 Sept. 2012
Upon receiving this item I put it still boxed up in my garage until I required it some weeks later, therefore I confess to not checking it out on the day of receipt. When my hedges were long enough to be trimmed, I took the box out of my garage to find it had been opened previously and resealed with sellotape. I was curious to why this was so and found that the main locking screw had been cross-threaded and sent back by an earlier buyer back to the retailer. I couldn't unjam this screw with all my strength behind it, so I had to get my weightlifting son with some plumbers tools to move it and finally assembling the trimmer together.

Having said all that in my above paragraph, I would have given this item 5 stars should it had arrived here totally new and simple to assemble.

A Perfect Stranger: The Island Anthology
A Perfect Stranger: The Island Anthology

5.0 out of 5 stars The bottom line is =, 13 April 2012
Cutting a review back to the bare bones, this album is of far better value than any of her "Greatest hits" or "best of" compilations, for someone who's totally new to Marianne's material then this double CD is an excellent place to start.

Penguin Cafe: A Matter Of Life
Penguin Cafe: A Matter Of Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Oct. 2011
After being a fan of The Penguin Cafe Orchestra since the 1970's with me first buying a number of their albums in vinyl and then repeating the same on CD's, I was really looking forward to this new material by the revamped band. However this album by Simon Jeffes son Arthur lacked any of the odd ball imagination and variety his father's music, therefore I disappointedly found these tracks bland and boring with the piano being far too high in the mix of several tracks.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy to get started, 23 Feb. 2011
After unpacking the product (the player is no bigger than the size of a 10 cigarette packet), I plugged the box with a HDMI lead (don't forget to purchase that separately) into my TV set, then connected my hard drive into that. Once I had found my movies were in the "files" folder rather than in movies, I was watching a film within seconds.

The only odd thing I found was that I had to point the hand controller towards the floor in front of the box rather than at the box directly to adjust it's settings. However that hasn't stopped me from giving it five stars as the Cyclone does what it says on the tin.

LEATHER FLIP CASE FOR SONY ERICSSON ELM: HOT PINK
LEATHER FLIP CASE FOR SONY ERICSSON ELM: HOT PINK

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Design, 6 Aug. 2010
This pink case is poorly designed as it's a tad too small for the Sony Ericsson Elm, plus part of the plastic casing also covers some of the key pad making it impossible to text or enter phone numbers.

Logitech OEM S150 2.0 Speaker System - Black
Logitech OEM S150 2.0 Speaker System - Black
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb at the price, 12 April 2010
On ordering them I never expected Marshall volume or Bose quality, but at under a tenner they are really great. I just plugged them in after unpacking and was away listening in seconds, if you only want to use them in a standard size room and not the Albert Hall then they are superb at the price

Page: 1 | 2