Profile for Mr. Davd C. Leigh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Amzdeal® Hidden Camera Table Clock Style HD DVR Recorder Camcorder
Amzdeal® Hidden Camera Table Clock Style HD DVR Recorder Camcorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, 8 April 2014
This looks and feels like a quality product, but the instructions are completely impossible to decipher. Don't waste your money in this.

Philips SensoTouch RQ1275/17 Gyroflex 3D Electric Shaver
Philips SensoTouch RQ1275/17 Gyroflex 3D Electric Shaver

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, 18 Mar. 2014
After years of using my trusty HS8420, I thought (having read all the reviews of this shaver),why not have a complete change and buy one of these, it sounds wonderful. What a mistake. It was like rubbing my face with sandpaper. Straight back for a refund.

Trust me, if you have sensitive skin, save your money and buy a HS8240!

E-PRANCE® New Original Ambarella A2S60 Chip Mini 0801 5M pixel CMOS Car DVR Recorder + High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS, OV2710 + Build-in 8GB Memory + GPS Logger + H.264 + G-sensor + Car License Plate + 135 Degree Wide Angle View??Support HDMI/TV Out,With 32GB Memory Card
Offered by EPRANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little device, 7 Mar. 2014
I watched the Techmoan review on YouTube - which was full of praise as well as being very objective, and bought this, together with a 32gb SD card. They arrived very promptly and worked straight out of the box, exactly as described. I am going to get it hard-wired into the car's electrics as I am definitely going to keep it. Thoroughly recommended.

Kenwood Food Processor FPP225 - Silver
Kenwood Food Processor FPP225 - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing machine, 24 Jan. 2013
I have not bought a food processor for a long time, so spent a while reading the reviews before deciding on this one, and I am not disappointed. It is very light to move around, and very efficient. It has adjustable speed control, which at this price is a bonus.

Kodak Hero 7.1  All-In-One WiFi Printer (Print, Copy, Scan)
Kodak Hero 7.1 All-In-One WiFi Printer (Print, Copy, Scan)

3.0 out of 5 stars Long-term test result, 11 Jan. 2013
It worked flawlessly up until about a month ago. I use Foxit as a pdf reader, as it is a very small and unobtrusive program, and have never had a problem printing from it. Then - about a month ago - the printer refused to print pdf files from Foxit (which makes it pretty useless as a printer). I uninstalled the Foxit program, downloaded the latest version, installed the new one - no joy, no print. Installed Nitro Reader (another free pdf reader and writer program), only to find exactly the same.

I downloaded Adobe Acrobat, which I have always avoided once I found how huge and intrusive a program it was, and - lo and behold - pdf files print perfectly every time. Now why is that, I wonder??

Vecchio Victorian Style Heated Chrome Bathroom Column Towel Rail Radiator 952 x 659 mm
Offered by iBathUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional in all but price, 25 Sept. 2012
I was a bit sceptical that the quality would not be as good as it looked in the photograph, but I was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived (very promptly) - and now have a warm bathroom for the first time in years. This is, for me, an excellent buy bearing in mind that others I had seen of a similar size and type were going for up to £500.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 10:19 PM BST

York Bathroom Taps - Traditional Chrome Basin Mixer Tap
York Bathroom Taps - Traditional Chrome Basin Mixer Tap
Offered by iBathUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Tip top tap!, 25 Sept. 2012
Despite experience telling me that you get what you pay for (which in this case, shouldn't be very much) this turned out to give the lie to the old adage - it really is a quality product. What the picture doesn't show is that there is (on the one I received anyway) a hole in the back of fitting for a basin waste plunger to go through. Quite by chance, I had such a waste, so it fitted extremely well, but there is no indication of this which I feel there should have been. If I had had a different waste, I would have been a bit annoyed, but for under £20 - how can you complain.

Joslin Ultimate Arm Sling - Medium
Joslin Ultimate Arm Sling - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Very elastic, 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Joslin Ultimate Arm Sling - Medium
This arrived promptly and appears well made (pretty important in something like this. I would have given it five stars but for the fact that it is really very 'bouncy' and elastic, which for my purposes is not ideal, as I have to keep my shoulder immobilised as much as possible. The only way of avoiding the 'bounce' is to do it up very tightly, which, again is not ideal for anyone with a shoulder/collarbone problem.

Kaavie 100M Wireless Remote Control Shutter Release for Nikon D700 D300
Kaavie 100M Wireless Remote Control Shutter Release for Nikon D700 D300
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 30 April 2012
Not a lot to say really, except that it arrived quickly, well packaged - complete with batteries - and just works exactly as it should. The instructions are also very clear, which is not always the case when things are made in foreign parts.

BlackBerry Charging Pod for Bold 9900 - Black
BlackBerry Charging Pod for Bold 9900 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 24 April 2012
Not sure why some people seem to be complaining about this. Yes, it is fairly minimalistic, and if you don't put the phone in straight the contacts will not line up and it will not charge, but come on - how difficult is that? (Answer - very easy). Extremely good quality piece of kit, highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2