Profile for Ashleigh M > Reviews

Ashleigh M

Techair TAZHA005 Asymmetric Sleeve for 15.6 inch Laptop/Netbook - Orange/White
Techair TAZHA005 Asymmetric Sleeve for 15.6 inch Laptop/Netbook - Orange/White

5.0 out of 5 stars Ashleigh M, 14 Dec 2012
I'd been after a colourful, easy to carry about laptop bag for ages. I saw this and I had to have it. The colour just pops and I've had nothing but positive comments about it. There's room for everything I need and a little more, I can fit a textbook and notepad in with it should I take it to college. It's really sturdy; especially the shoulder strap which is often a weak point in bags!

Hooty Purple Heatable Owl
Hooty Purple Heatable Owl
Price: 9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooty Purple Heatable Owl, 14 Dec 2012
I bought this for a friend for Christmas and sent it early. She absolutely loves it! I've had Intelex heatable products in the past, and I love them - I love sharing my love for being warm with friends!

And it's absolutely adorable. Definitely a perfect present for anyone of any age!

The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology is Rewriting Our Understanding of Genetics, Disease and Inheritance
by Nessa Carey
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Epigenetics Revolution, 14 Dec 2012
This is an absolutely brilliant book. As an A Level student with a keen interest in genetics I found it a perfect book to expand my reading beyond that of the A Level syllabus.

I really love how this is written, it's not patronising and there's dry humour thrown in for good measure. It was engaging and informative. The subject matter - epigenetics - could be a very boring topic, but Carey introduces it in a captivating way and a way that even someone with very little prior knowledge could understand. I appreciate that she doesn't shy away from the nitty-gritty, hardcore science but instead explains it in a manageable, "bite sized" way.

It's brilliant to expand any a-level biology knowledge for either someone who wants to take it further, or someone who is just interested in science.