Profile for N. River > Reviews

Content by N. River

N. River (united kingdom)

Retribution Falls: Tales of the Ketty Jay (Tales of the Ketty Jay 1)
Retribution Falls: Tales of the Ketty Jay (Tales of the Ketty Jay 1)
by Chris Wooding BA

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than anticipated!, 16 Nov. 2010
I knew I was going to like this book, and it delivered everything I hoped for and more. Not only the highly likeable anti-hero characters, but also the beautifully detailed world Chris Wooding has created here is what has made it so enjoyable. I found myself quickly being dragged into the fast-paced story and looking forward to the next one.
For fans of fantasy, I think this is a must read.

Hellsing Ultimate Volume 3 [DVD]
Hellsing Ultimate Volume 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hellsing Ultimate

5.0 out of 5 stars the best one of the four., 10 May 2010
If you want to get just one of these Hellsing ultimate dvd's, then make it this one.

What can i say? this had me punching the air in joy!
The action is fantastic, as is the animation. Alucard does not disappoint, and as usual seras is hilarious.

Trinity Blood Volume 11
Trinity Blood Volume 11
by Kiyo Kyujyo

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys, babes and bagels. Buy it!, 15 April 2010
After the end of book nine and the shift of story away from the empire, I found book ten to be a bit of a let down. This book however more than makes up for it and things picked up again for me during this volume. There is lots of drama and action (mainly from Petros) and this volume sees him become a much more likeable character.

I dont want to spoil the story, but if like me, you were let down by book ten, buy this.

Devil May Cry [DVD]
Devil May Cry [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shin Itagaki
Offered by Springwood Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 11 April 2010
This review is from: Devil May Cry [DVD] (DVD)
Personally, I thought this was fantastic! It's nothing too deep and meaningful, just lots of action, fun and frolics. It follows a demon hunter and part-demon called Dante who runs a odd jobs/hitman/mercenary type business. Although Dante is grumpy and aloof you can't help but like him, and at times it is very funny. Sometimes the storylines leave something to be desired, such as the episode where someone thinks Dante is his friend Tony but he's not and then later on Dante says " I used to call myself Tony, but i'm not Tony" is a bit weird.

Don't expect an epic, but for the price and what you get for it, i think it well deserves five stars. The animation is great too!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2010 5:18 PM BST

Trinity Blood Volume 2: v. 2
Trinity Blood Volume 2: v. 2
by Kiyo Kyujyo
Edition: Comic

5.0 out of 5 stars flawless., 7 April 2010
A continuation of this wonderfully charming, action packed and touching story. This volume sees sister Esther joining Abel and Tres on the journey back to Rome. In my opinion, it is where the story really starts to get going. It has just the right amount of action and comedy- well written and very well illustrated.

Message to all bishi lovers:
The characters are cute beyond words, more so than in the anime and Abel-kun is even more of a ladykiller than ever, theyre just flinging themselves at him. Go-on.... you know you want him.

Saiyuki Volume 1: v. 1 (Saiyuki Reload)
Saiyuki Volume 1: v. 1 (Saiyuki Reload)
by Kazuya Minekura

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I expected, 23 Jan. 2010
well writted, well illustrated, addictive and sexy! buy it, you won't regret it!

Death Note: Volume 1
Death Note: Volume 1
by Tsugumi Ohba

5.0 out of 5 stars In a league of its own., 23 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Death Note: Volume 1 (Paperback)
This series is a MUST READ manga fan or not. I simply cannot fault it. The storyline is addictive and there are some characters you love and some you love to hate. I am personally a fan of what i like to call the second half (book 7 onwards,) so as far as i am concerned reading the books is much better than the anime as that does not focus so much on the second half of the story. I can also recommend this for older readers like myself as the story in general is not what you would expect from shonen jump!

Sorcerer Hunters -- 100% Authentic Format Volume 7
Sorcerer Hunters -- 100% Authentic Format Volume 7
by Ray Omishi

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect too much, but worth the read!, 22 Jan. 2010
Very very funny, if you don't mind purile humour. This isn't everybody's cup of tea but for me it is perfect and i love it! There are no weighty storylines but some very likeable characters, albeit a bit odd. Although Carrot's letching can get a bit tedious at times.
In my opinion, the only problem with this series is that it isn't complete in its 100% original format published by Tokyopop and only 10 of the 13 volumes are easily available.