Profile for Maggie > Reviews

Maggie

Cooksmart Cats Premium Shopping Bag, Large
Cooksmart Cats Premium Shopping Bag, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars cat lady bag, 13 Aug 2011
Obviously, this is not a bag to put valuables like wallets and cellphones in, it is a shopping bag. I bought this bag so it could fit my lunchbox, my book of the week and various other knickknacks that I take as I commute to work. It is big enough to fit all my stuff and doesn't ride up my armpit. It is waterproof and it also has a zipped pocket for small stuff. Its design fits most of my work wardrobe so I don't get arrested by the fashion police. And it's got kitties on it!

MANGA TAROT (cards)
MANGA TAROT (cards)
by Riccardo Minetti Illustrated by Anna Lazzarini
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely deck, 10 Jan 2011
This review is from: MANGA TAROT (cards) (Paperback)
Along with my Mermaid Tarot, this is the prettiest deck I own. Styled in a european/japanese comic combination showing an imaginary traditional japanese culture it is quite a joy to behold. I had the good luck to see the original artwork at an exhibition and it was beautiful.
The hand-painted watercolor-y images are vivid, colorful and cheerful. Every card has great attention to detail, there is a ton of interpretations packed into every scene and the depicted scenes are always fresh and varied. Apart from the advertised reversal of gender roles, this deck also gives a few twists to standard card meanings in both Majors and Minors. Moreover it is quite a "girl-power" deck, what with portraying women as warriors in many cards; definitely a nice break from more passive decks.
On the other hand, it isn't a beginner deck for sure and some may be put off by the comic-design aesthetic. But if you're looking for a lively, bright and optimistic deck this is just right for you.