Profile for David Precious > Reviews

Content by David Precious
Top Reviewer Ranking: 417

David Precious (Stevenage, Herts, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Battat Garbage Truck Toy
Battat Garbage Truck Toy
Offered by LoosBooksNgames

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, solid, fun, 27 July 2015
This review is from: Battat Garbage Truck Toy (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good, chunky toy, a good size for our 22 month old to grab and push around, and solid enough to cope when he pushes it whilst pushing down on it too.

Includes two plastic dustbins which fit into the lever-operated shelf which can be tipped in to the back of the truck, and the cab front can be tipped up too to get to the removable driver figure.

Our boy has had plenty of fun with it so far and it's still going strong, so I'd happily recommend it.

Safety 1st SecurTech Auto Close Metal Gate - White
Safety 1st SecurTech Auto Close Metal Gate - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient auto-close and one-handed operation, 27 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good quality safety gate, it feels well made, and comes with good, clear instructions - although if you've used a safety gate before, it's probably quite unlikely you'll need them.

One-handed opening is very useful - especially if you're carrying your child or something else - so much nicer than an older style gate we've been using which requires two hands to open easily!

The auto-close feature is especially useful - again especially when carrying something, but also just for the peace of mind that you can't forget to close the gate - but it does clunk shut quite noisily then, so we tend to still close it manually most of the time for quietness.

Side extensions are easily available if you need it to fit a wider opening than the 73 - 80 cm it covers by default - 7cm, 14cm and 28 cm extensions are available, taking you all the way up to a maximum of 136cm.

VTin Gold Plated Thunderbolt Mini DisplayPort DP Male to VGA Female Cable Adapter Converter for Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro/Pro 2/Pro 3, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Connect a DisplayPort output to an older non-DP monitor/TV/projector with VGA input? No problem!, 24 July 2015
A simple, well made, no-nonsense adaptor, to plug in to a mini DisplayPort output on your laptop, providing a VGA port to enable you to plug in a monitor / TV / projector with a VGA input.

The picture won't be quite as good as you'll get with a DisplayPort / HDMI hookup, but if VGA is what's available, this will do the job just fine!

Note: I was provided with this item in return for a fair and honest review.

5 Port Desktop USB Charger Proster Wireless Charging Pad Qi Enabled Family Sized Multi Usb Charger for iPhone 6 6 Plus iPhone Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 HTC One Blackberry iPad Air 2 iPad Mini 3 2 iPad 2
Offered by PROSTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible, fast USB and wireless (Qi) charging with plenty of power, 20 July 2015
Like many, I have several devices which require USB charging, and individual wall-wart power adaptors for each of them soon get annoying.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 to which I fitted a Qi charging receiver coil (available cheaply and dead simple to fit), so that I can charge it wirelessly.

This gadget is perfect - heavy enough and with rubberised bottom so it stays in place on the worktop in the kitchen, even with multiple USB cables coming from it, and a Qi charging pad on top, again rubberised to stop your device sliding around, which lets me charge my phone by simply placing it on the unit.

I've charged my S4 wirelessly along with a range of other devices via the USB ports, and every device has charged quickly and correctly, even with multiple power-hungry devices.

Excellent unit to charge a selection of gadgets while taking up only one mains socket.

Disclaimer: I received this unit in return for a fair and honest review.

[1-Year Warranty] VicTsing Quad Core Android 4.4.4 Smart TV Box KODI XBMC Media Player Streaming Player 1080P H.265 HDMI WIFI 3D Compatible with Netflix YOUTUBE Skype Support Adobe Flash, HTML5
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheap, effective and flexible way to turn any old telly into a "smart" TV, 14 July 2015
A cheap, effective and flexible way to turn any old telly into a "smart" TV. Plugged this into my telly via HDMI, plugged in an Ethernet cable, and I was up and running - it grabbed an IP via DHCP and had network connectivity. If you need to use wifi or a static IP, that's easily configured under Settings -> Network.

I can confirm that it was supplied running Android 4.4.4 as described in the advert, according to "Settings -> Device". The same page identifies the product model as "rk312x".

I had to adjust the screen size slightly as the top of the status bar was off-screen - but that was easily fixed (Settings -> Display -> Screen scale).

I set it to output 1920x1080p @ 60hz, and it handles that with no problems; I've been streaming HD music concerts from YouTube with no stutters or anything. I also played back a variety of 720p / 1080p films streaming over the network via DLNA, and it handled them flawlessly.

The quality of the device was let down a little by schoolboy errors like Android being spelled "Andriod" on the case, and "Storage" being spelled "Strorage" under settings - they should have been picked up in testing, but they don't have any effect on usage of the device. I wanted to take off a star for that sillyness, but I decided that a unit capable of streaming 1080p video at this price point, coupled with the flexibility of being a full Android system with your choice of apps warranted 5 stars anyway.

The apps menu contains a couple of pointless entries - like, for instance, "Camera" - the device obviously doesn't have a Camera, I would have thought it possible to customise Android to remove the Camera app from the menu, but that could I guess be an Android limitation.

The unit can support a TF/SD card - but I'm not sure why they place that internally rather than having an external slot - but it does have a USB slot, so you can plug in a USB drive easily. The internal flash storage is reported as 8GB total space, with 5.28GB free - which should be plenty to install a selection of helpful apps.

Disclaimer: I received this product from the manufacturer in return for a fair, honest and unbiased review.

[SD TF MS M2 Card Reader HUB] Inateck Multi-in-1 OTG Adapter, TF SDHC Card Reader, 3x USB 2.0 Compact OTG Hub, Compatible with Smartphone and Tablets PC New Google Nexus 7 2013 10 Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 S4 S3 S2
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent USB OTG hub / card reader combo, 8 July 2015
Works brilliantly with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and my Lenovo tablet.

I tested it first without connecting the supplemental power lead, i.e. using power simply from the phone. I plugged it in, and plugged in a USB mouse (with LED lights in) and it lit up and worked just fine - I could use the mouse to control the phone. I then plugged in an SD card, and it auto-mounted on the phone and I was able to browse through photos on the card (still using the mouse to control it!). Finally, I plugged in a USB thumb drive (while leaving the other devices connected) and that too auto-mounted and was immediately usable. All this with a single USB OTG connection to my phone (using the standard micro USB socket on the bottom) and with no requirement for the external power connector. You'll only need that if you want to use power-hungry devices from the hub - hard drives, perhaps.

I do sort of wish that the supplemental power conection was via a standard micro-USB socket so you could use any old mains USB charger to power it, rather than the included USB to DC jack cable - but if you have a mains USB charger with USB sockets instead of a hardwired cable you can of course use that, if you haven't misplaced that non-standard cable. A standard micro USB input port for power would have meant you could use any old cable.

This device is super-useful with a tablet - plug this in, plug in a USB keyboard and mouse, and you have yourself a mini laptop, effectively, without Bluetooth pairing and extra battery drain from Bluetooth communications.

Nicely designed, feels well made with a tactile slightly rubberised feel, and the sockets feel good quality, USB cables slot in nicely.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ekouaer Latex Steel Boned Firm Compression Workout Waist Trainer (Vest) 3 hooks L size for UK 10-12 Black-vest
Offered by avidlove

5.0 out of 5 stars Came up a little small, but well made garment, 2 July 2015
My wife ordered this item based on her usual dress size (size "L" for a UK 10-12), but it came up very small for her (obviously it's supposed to be fairly tight, but she found it a bit too tight for comfort). I note that the seller has since revised the sizing guide to be based on your waist measurement, which seems sensible and may have prevented this. If you're unsure, contact the seller for advice - I'm sure they'll be happy to advise - and if you're borderline between sizes, I'd definitely recommend going one size up.

It's a shame it was too tight for her as it's a very well made, good quality item - sturdy hooks, quality fabric and an overall impression of a well made, durable product. She is currently trying to lose weight anyway, so it may well fit her better soon - if so, I'll update the review with further comments. I'm giving it 5 stars despite it not fitting as it's clear it's a nice product, and the next size up would have been fine for her.

Disclaimer: we received this product in return for a fair and honest review.

Kohree® Wireless PIR Motion Sensor White 10 LED Battery Powered Cabinet Wardrobe Drawer Multifunctional Light
Offered by Bag Trends

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, effective, slim, nice looking, 2 July 2015
Nice looking, quality device - quite neat looking with the aluminium case and light strip, although I feel the protruding sensor "eye" spoils it a little.

Motion detection is sensitive and reliable.

Brightness is good - not hugely bright, but bright enough to light up our whole bathroom well enough to see clearly without being so bright that a visit to the toilet at night leaves you squinting and then not being able to see the way back to the bedroom in the dark because your eyes adjusted to the brightness too much!

The delay after sensing movement before turning off isn't adjustable, which is a pity - but it will stay on as long as movement is detected.

Battery life I expect to be excellent - I've been using it a few weeks and it's shown no signs of decreasing brightness, but with 4 AAA batteries and the low power consumption of LEDs, I'd expect months between battery changes at least.

Disclaimer: I received this product in return for a fair and honest review - but I like it enough that I'm likely to purchase another one when I move in to my new house to light the stairwell/landing.

DiGiYes® 2-in-1 Qi Wireless Charger Pad With Anti-Slip Rubber Ring & Desktop Phone Stand Mount for Nexus4 /5/6/7/9 HTC 8X Lumia 920 820 Note2/3/4 S3/4/5 iPhone 6+ Plus iPhone 6/ 5S / 5C / 5 , etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and flexible, 30 Jun. 2015
I've recently got in to wireless charging, finding it very convenient, and this charger is a neat little unit - it charges my Samsung Galaxy S4 very well indeed.

I like the fact it beeps to confirm that charging has started - although I tend not to use it in the bedroom as I've had problems with a similar charger in the past, where sometimes when the phone had reached 100% charge and was just trickle-charging it would beep at random intervals, which was annoying! There's also a light to indicate charging status.

The fact you can remove the charging "pad" from the stand is a neat feature, allowing you to only carry the compact pad and not the whole unit - and the fact it can clip in the stand at different heights lets you align it more closely to the location of the charge receiver in your device for the best efficiency. The Qi logo on the front of the pad is nicely rubberised, helping to grip your device nicely. I must admit that the stand doesn't feel quite as high quality as other units I've used, but it makes up for it by its flexibility.

Dlsclaimer: I received this product in return for a fair and unbiased review.

DiGiYes® 5V 6.8A 4-USB Ports Electric Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Charger Portable Stand Holder for iPhone / iPad / BlackBerry / Samsung / SONY / HTC / Google / Nokia (White)
Offered by DigiYes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, easy to charge multiple devices quickly, 30 Jun. 2015
Nicely built - sturdy, glossy white plastic, and the spring-loaded side pads look and feel far better than the bent wire in some cheaper ones.

Sits well in the socket, and works just fine - have charged my Samsung Galaxy S4 and Lenovo Yoga tablet at decent speeds from it. It's handy to have 4 ports, allowing driver and passengers to charge their phones and other gadgets at the same time.

Didn't warm up too much in use - I've used some which have got worryingly hot in use.

Disclaimer: I received this product in return for a fair and honest review.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30