Profile for KB123 > Reviews

One Click: Jeff Bezos and the Rise of Amazon.com
One Click: Jeff Bezos and the Rise of Amazon.com
by Richard L. Brandt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, 6 Feb. 2012
"One Click" by Brandt is not a great book on one of the biggest success stories of the internet age. I would imagine that building a company like Amazon must have been a exciting journey but this book reads like a badly researched article for a local newspaper. It becomes apparent quickly that he has not done a lot of interviews with the key people but is relying on secondary research. The book was edited recently and the updated numbers and figures are patched into the text amateur style.

An almost embarrassing aspect of the book is the way that he writes about Jeff Bezos. I am sure that he is an intelligent person and that he has a lot of drive - however, he is not a god like genius who never failed and always succeeded. I think if Jeff Bezos has read this book he will have flushed about some of the descriptions of himself.

If you are interested in an easy to read book that gives you an introduction about Amazon it might be the right thing for you. If I were Jeff Bezos I would call Walter Isaacson to write a proper book about the story of my business and myself.

Lenovo G570 15.6 inch Laptop - Black (Intel i5 2430M 2.4GHz, RAM 6GB, HDD 750GB, DVDRW, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Laptop, 28 Jan. 2012
The Lenovo G570 is a beautiful and fast Laptop that has everything I need. I did not know much about the brand but after having a look around and talking to a few experts I decided that it is the best piece available at that price. I was not disappointed. It is fast and looks even better than on the photos. The metal surface is really nice to touch and the keyboard is good and has all the keys you need (the k key is a bit to sensitive though). The touch pad with working well even if the multitouch function is far behind apple's - but who really needs it?! At this price it is a really nice laptop that performs well.