Profile for Mr. E. Nzegwu > Reviews

Content by Mr. E. Nzegwu

Mr. E. Nzegwu "enwezor" (Portsmouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Birkmann 143364 10-Piece Biscuit Pastry Cutter Set 1.5-7 cm Round Shape Smooth Stainless Steel
Price: 12.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid set of cutters, 11 April 2014
Yes, these cutters don't have a box. Big deal! At least they are round unlike the Eddington ones I bought. A 3 star rating average is very unfair as they are solid, has a much better range of sizes compared to the 8 rind Eddingtons.
I'm throwing away the Eddingtons and putting these in its box!

Eddingtons 8-Piece Round Cookie Cutter Set
Eddingtons 8-Piece Round Cookie Cutter Set
Price: 6.50

2.0 out of 5 stars These are the least round cutters I've ever bought, 11 April 2014
I need lots of cutters so I bought lots from different brands. These are by far the worst ones.
They are paper thin and just not round at all!
It says stainless steel - they're not much thicker than aluminium foil - I joke but only a little.
If you want round cutters - look elsewhere - no idea what everyone is looking at.

Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive Book Two
Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive Book Two
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, loved this, 4 April 2014
You think the 1st book was a hard act to follow and it was. The first book was full of interesting concepts, interesting people and throughout all, a masterful story with lots of unknowns was being weaved. Words of Radiance continues to weave that masterful story, filling in a few gaps but getting both bigger and richer. Many multi-book series can sometimes get bloated by too many characters and the story bogs down as the author tries to maintain accuracy & consistency throughout. It's at these times that the story can get really lost which was what we the reader loved so much about it in the first place. This work does not fall into that trap - it strides on with vim and verve moving the story on magnificently. Alliteration over. Well done on a great book!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2014 1:19 AM BST

Valour (Faithful & the Fallen 2)
Valour (Faithful & the Fallen 2)
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done that man, 3 April 2014
No let up on quality here. An excellent continuation to the 1st book.
It's hard to maintain the pace and quality seamlessly from one book to the next but John Gwynne delivers with this one. If you liked the 1st, you'll like the second.
It's been a good year so far for fantasy reading - revisiting Gemmel's amazing Rigante series and Brandon Sanderson's stupendous 'The Way of Kings' story arc.
What next?

Julia M. Usher's Ultimate Cookies
Julia M. Usher's Ultimate Cookies
Price: 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful if you're new to decorating, 31 Mar 2014
Obviously written by someone extremely experienced and who wants to share their knowledge as much as possible. Very satisfied with this purchase and the kindle edition is very good.

ALTURA Men's Night Vision Long Sleeve Jersey, Yellow, S
ALTURA Men's Night Vision Long Sleeve Jersey, Yellow, S
Offered by Millet Sports
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made cycling jersey and very visible, 6 Dec 2012
V.happy with it. Thicker than I thought which is great for those cold rides. Need a windbreaker on top though as this is not designed to stop wind.

Camelbak Anitdote Reservoir with Quick Link 2.0 Litre, 70oz
Camelbak Anitdote Reservoir with Quick Link 2.0 Litre, 70oz
Price: 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, 6 Dec 2012
Had my last camelbak reservoir for about 5 years I think.
It took a lot of abuse and was used extensively.
The new one is noticeably better made and the fat/squat design still fits well in my slim camelbak.

Ready Player One
Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh man, I loved this!, 30 Sep 2012
This review is from: Ready Player One (Paperback)
Overloaded on nostalgia trips and impossible dreams of perfect scores and fighting the anime baddies.
A really fun, enjoyable read - no slack, reading like all the best plotlines from 80s classics like War Games.
Someone please make this into a film!!

Raven's Shadow Book One: Blood Song (Raven's Shadow)
Raven's Shadow Book One: Blood Song (Raven's Shadow)

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a book, 28 Sep 2012
All I can say is 'goodness me'. This is a bloody good book. I have an innate distrust of unpublished authors, mainly because of the easy some of them shamelessly self promote. I know it's hard for them to get noticed but it just doesn't sit well with me. So, I stick with authors that are published - there's enough of then after all. I just happened on Anthony Ryan's book by chance. I think someone recommended it on Patrick Rothfuss's blog and thought I'd try it as all the reviews seemed genuine unlike the reviews you see of other unpublished authors. If a reviewer has only written one review ever it stats to ring alarm bells.
I digress. The point is, this is a truly impressive fantasy book. it is so well rounded - the story is fascinating, the characters interesting, there is depth, it's an interesting world you don't know where it's going and the story never disappoints. I don't put too much creedence in the adage that a first book can only be so good. Plenty of recent authors have proved that incorrect, Joe Abercrombie, Patrick Rothfuss, Scott Lynch, to name a few. I think this is one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read. Really, if you like fantasy then you won't be disappointed. I am flabbergasted that a book as good a this is not in print. What the hell are editors doing. Can't wait for the next one Anthony. I think your fame will spread. Completely changed my perspective on unpublished authors.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2012 9:45 AM BST

Jelly Meerkats by Kingsway (3kg bag)
Jelly Meerkats by Kingsway (3kg bag)
Offered by Sweet Warehouse
Price: 19.09

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these, 18 Jun 2012
My wife goes mad when the 3kg bag turns up on our doorstep. My favourite jelly by a long way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4