Profile for Picture Poem Cards > Reviews

Content by Picture Poem Cards

Picture Poem Cards "Gina Douthwaite" (Yorkshire)

House of Secrets (House of Secrets, Book 1)
House of Secrets (House of Secrets, Book 1)
by Chris Columbus

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
I loved this book and I would recommend it! I utterly suggest this book for adventurous people.

SmartLab You Explore it Human Body Model Kit with 32 Page Insides Out Book
SmartLab You Explore it Human Body Model Kit with 32 Page Insides Out Book

1.0 out of 5 stars A rip off, 15 Nov. 2012
This product is unbelievably feeble. Were it real it would be dead. The quality is so poor it should not be allowed on the market. It does not do what it is supposed to do. The instruments broke at the first touch. Deplorable. And terribly disappointing for an 8 year old for whom this was a birthday present. It is junk.

Disgusted.

Lorna Doone (Talking Classics Audio CDs No. 10)
Lorna Doone (Talking Classics Audio CDs No. 10)
by R.D. Blackmore
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not come up to standard of novel, 26 Sept. 2011
Te CD of Lorna Doone was bought because the book was taking longer than our allotted 4 weeks to read. I listned to 10 mins. worth in which time 40 pages of the book had been covered. The joy of language was missing completely in the CD - so much was skipped over to rush on with the plot. Much easier than the book but nowhere near as satisfying.

Lorna Doone (Wordsworth Classics)
Lorna Doone (Wordsworth Classics)
by R.D. Blackmore

4.0 out of 5 stars Done Doone, 26 Sept. 2011
This edition was the cheapest, that's why I bought it but, it was the longest version and the smallest print imaginable hence, very hard to read yet well worth the effort. The prose was quite beautiful but the pace of writing (a page to say what a writer of today would have clinched in a sentence) must reflect the pace of life in the 1600s. I haven't actually finished it but intend to, before I die.

The Last Resort: A Zimbabwe Memoir
The Last Resort: A Zimbabwe Memoir
by Douglas Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Withernsea, 9 Sept. 2011
Selected for a book group, this account of life in Zimbabwe scored more than any book we have read in the past 3 years. Usually, we are split 50/50 on our appreciation, but this book captured hearts and minds of all. We've learnt a lot - not what we've been led to believe by the media. Very human 'characters' through whom we share the horrors and humour. Written with genuine empathy - what else could it be. Perhaps, though. a tad sanitised for the sake of sanity? We shall see.